Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity and Applejack?

Totally Ducklett

Hay everypony!

So, I'm going to watch Simple Ways later. I know it's a Rarity/Applejack episode. Thinking about that, I noticed that I've seen a lot of Rarity and Applejack together. Like, not episodes together, but they'll be standing together during an event or whatnot. For example, in Three's a Crowd, Rarity and Applejack are assigned to be Discord's nurses. Of course, they oppose, and you know the rest. Do you think that the writers think that they kinda made Rarity and Applejack enemies throughout the series, and now they want to make sure that we don't think that anymore? Hmmm...

• Brohoof 1

They have a natural conflicting chemistry; you have the prissy drama queen and the honest and hard-working farm...pony. They certainly aren't enemies, they're just designed to be together; all the characters have foils in other characters (Twilight's logic is defied by Pinkie's craziness and Fluttercrapshy's dumbness shyness is by Rainbow's brashness).

Edit: In the comics, you usually see them together as well.

Edited by Zenith
  • Brohoof 5

They've been doing this a lot ever since Look Before You Sleep. It's kinda like with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, I think it's to show how far their friendship has gone ever since they became friends

• Brohoof 2

The writers have done this since Season 2, so having two characters that have a good conflicting chemistry that go hand and hand shows that the two characters can interact with each other in an episode centered around them.

• Brohoof 3

yes! I'm not the only one that have noticed this :D

This closeness with Applejack and Rarity goes beyond them standing next to each other and everything began back in season 3 in the Crystal Empire when AJ said something 'at least they're not a Rarity' or something like that, I can't fully remember that line, but it was so suspicious.

Now in season 4, they're going full force with the shipping friendship. Try to look for them 2 in the episodes and how they interact and you'll see that they're a little too close than usual :D

I like Rarijack BTW :)

• Brohoof 3

Rarity and AJ have an amazing dynamic :D

I love the interactions those two have with each other, and I like to picture them, even though they're so different, as being a bit closer than the rest of the mane 6 in terms of friendship.

Of course, that's my headcanon; I also ship them occassionally, but that's just shipping.

I mean, what they bring to the table together has done enough to make me look into AJ more, and I'm actually pretty understanding of her character as well ;) 

Rarity is best pony, Applejack is second best pony :D

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

I think that Applejack is very strong character with Rarity around, and I'd be okay with some more of them. You guys?

I came back to this post to read, I got to Motion Spark's post, I was like "Holy GIFS!"

Edited by Ducksquack
  • Brohoof 2

They have a great "Odd Couple" type dynamic (in fact I'm surprised that no one's done a PMV for the two of them done to the Odd Couple tv series theme). Their personalities and temperaments are totally different, they don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, and yet they trust and support each other implicitly.  It's a *great* dynamic.  They're all great friends, but I think that the friendship between these two in particular may be my favorite.

• Brohoof 5

Oh it's most definitely intentional, but they're not doing it just now to convince us that they're not enemies.  I've said it before and I'll say it again and again and again, Applejack and Rarity are, in my humble opinion, the best duo of friends among the Mane 6.  No two ponies among that group of friends are more polar opposites, yet at the same time they've consistently grown closer to each other as the show has progressed since "Look Before You Sleep" in Season 1, whether in starring or supporting roles.  When you get down to it, they even have more similarities than most people give them credit for, beneath the exterior, obvious differences between the two of them: they're both hard workers, take great pride in their work and are very much self-made, and are even two of the more mature members of the Mane 6 (despite Rarity's penchant for the over-dramatic a lot of the time).

• Brohoof 8

I don't think the writers are pairing them up so often in recent episodes in an attempt to fix the past. Even as early as Griffon the Brush Off, you can plainly see Applejack and Rarity getting along as friendly acquaintances. They were never enemies, it's just that they've always been worlds apart in their interests, personalities, and lifestyles, and because of that they had a tendency to clash early on, which we saw demonstrated very well in Look Before You Sleep. I think these differences are what make them one of, or in my humble opinion, THE most interesting duo in the show. In spite of that, they're both self-made business mares, they're both older sisters, and they both are amongst the most mature ponies of the Mane Six. They have amazing chemistry together due to their stark differences and key similarities too, so there's no wonder they've been on screen together a lot more as of late.

I think these two are often very overlooked, seeing as they are the two least favorite Mane Six ponies overall. At first glance, they seem like a simple hardworking farmer and prissy fashionista, but both of them are quite a bit more complex than that and I think a lot of viewers just don't understand them as well as some of the others. Personally, I think they're the two most nuanced characters in the show, and I appreciate them for some of their more unique traits, such as their more interesting accents and colloquialisms in their speech, as well as their subtle backstory details and their more well-defined cultures. In general, these two feel more "real world" and less "cartoon/fantasy" to me.

• Brohoof 8

I think these two are often very overlooked, seeing as they are the two least favorite Mane Six ponies overall.

haha that was years ago! now Rarity and Applejack are most favorites ponies overall! :D 

I have noticed this too.

However, intentionally, the mane 6 are grouped into seperates of two where they connect or give a new relationship from writers to see what works and what can b3 developed.

Rarity and applejack on the other hand are very unique characters due to their complete different personalities and characterization, making them perfect duos when conflicting with certain episodes or dilemmas.

In conclusion, they work out well together, as out of all the possible groups of the mane 6, they establish certain lessons that they learn from one another.

Too ship is to ship, as to /slash is to /slash. One will see what they wish to see, but one can never denie what is clear to a child.- Neil Thompson

A well thought out hyco (sp?) on the subject of couples that are not offical but clear to the fandom. Lets make this a science project (Cue Twilight zipping into the room...on wings!!) FOR SCIENCE!!!

Rarity Belle:

Her relationships with the remane 5.

Fluttershy: Here we have your rather typical friendship, the two share common interests and are on the sameish level of manner and tolerance of things. (these facts are clear in weekly spa dates, Flutters refering to several fashion indendums, and Raritys fondness of animals in her pet Cat)

Rainbowdash: This friendship is a bit less, more like that guy or gal you sit at the lunch table with your closer friends, who has a few similar interests but a big one you just dont gt into that they love to talk about. She is that friend to Rarity that has little one on one time with but is always at the ballgame or party and you make small talk with, or perhaps you know one of there relatives. A friend, someone you can call for help shoveling out your driveway, but not to just hang and have a beer with.

Pinkie Pie: This one is rather difficult, as with hintings from the show Pinkie was probly working with Rarity for some time, coming up with themes or props for partys. So more of a professional relationship, you exchange emails and numbers. Wave in public, and might even share a coffee in passing (ie they would join you or you them, but never set up). This dynamic is changed with Twilight, who really effects ALL of the remane 5s dynamic, which brings Pinkie into Rarity "group" of true friends.

Twilight Sparkle: She is that fish out of water friend that you "adopt". The friend of another friend who appears to you as someone you want to help and in time you find you have somethings in common but mostly you (or Rarity in this case) work to influence the wide eyed bushy tailed one. And in time, she returns the favor and a mutaul friendship is born.

AppleJack: Last but not least, we have the ying to the yang friend. The one you always are butting heads with, seeking to prove your side of a arguement is better. This friend you will go to lengths to seek contact with due too just how differnt they are. Like the "0" fighting with the "10", only to realize all you need is a "1" to be the most complete and perfect union. This friend is the one who fills your weaknesses in while you do the same for them. This friend has your "number" and you theres, what starts at rivalry or even competition soon turns to flat out adoration and respect.

This is just the look from Rar-ras side of things (at least imo), AJ's will have to wait. I gotta roll out.

P.S- The show is damn well sure putting these two closer together, Rarijack is amazingly good head cannon!!!!

When tommy oliver shilled the "interesting dynamic " gimmick i jumped on board.

cause on paper it sounds awesome.

just like that season like story arc.

Neither of these themes have been amazing when used lately.  There are some golden moments between aj and rarity.

but that's like saying a bad song has some really good chords for a few seconds or a line or two you really like.

that song didn't magically become good.

I appreciate Jessica st's voice acting skills in this episode.

I appreciate aj and how she handled the situations.

those are things you have to point out.

and than there's all the pain ful stuff in between those moments.

if you counter with "but i really like rarity and or aj"

you deserve better in getting them.

Let me put it to you like this,

just because you really like hp love craft doesn't mean daygon is a good movie. 

Opposites attract.

Thanks to "Look Before You Sleep", Rarity and Applejack have a very steady friendship that probably won't grow to more than that. They oppose so much that they support each other in everything they do. That's very important.

• Brohoof 1