Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your favourite strategy game(s)

Codelyy

The Title says it all

Whats your favourite strategy game or games?

For me it would have to be...

Age of empires 1,2

I love Age of empires and i have for years, still play it now but the first and second one are the best :), I don't really like the third one since to me it does not feel like a true age of empires game 

Edited by Codelyoko373
  • Brohoof 1

I really enjoyed civilization 5. I enjoyed it for all the reasons I enjoyed civ 4, but the combat was really improved. I hated invading people because it seemed like they always had stacks and stacks of soldiers garrisoned in the cities, but in civ 5, only one unit was allowed per tile. This made things a lot more fun for me.

I also really liked Star Trek Armada 2 before I even watched any star trek episodes; it was just a fun game in general. I loved playing as the borg and destroying everything in sight with a couple tactical fusion cubes! The graphics were pretty darn good as well for a game released in 2001.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 2

Civilization V, Civilization 4, and Fire Emblem: Awakening are my favorite games.

The Civilization games are very addicting, and I have almost 500 hours of Civ V played so far. I love that game! Civ IV is awesome as well, and it was my first Civ game ever. I do prefer Civ V though.

Anyways, Fire Emblem: Awakening was a great game as well. It's been far too long since I've played a game like that. I'm glad I bought it.

• Brohoof 1

Age of Empire and Age of Empires 2 plus the expansion Conquerors, no matter how old those games get, I enjoy these game immensely.

Cossacks is another game I love, it is a good splice between Age of Empire and Total War, and I love how it is simple to use and is challenging, it takes shrewd and pragmatic strategy to play, all the things I adore about strategy games.

Empire Total War, I play Russia, Sweden and France a lot in this game, and I love playing the naval battles, no matter what the odds are I still win decisive naval engagements. 

• Brohoof 1

Age of Empire and Age of Empires 2 plus the expansion Conquerors, no matter how old those games get, I enjoy these game immensely.

I agree with you so much

Even when those games become 30 years old I will still think they are the best :)

• Brohoof 1

Fire Emblem (7) is my favorite. Without a doubt.

It's an RPG sort of strategy game that focuses on giving you troops and sending them into battle against armies much bigger than yours. But unlike other RPGs, this game gives every character unique personalities and makes you feel as though you should NOT let a single unit die. In fact, if you play the game, you WON'T let a single unit die.

Now, a lot of people would normally bring up Awakening instead, and while I will admit it has a LOT of loveable characters, it's significantly weaker storywise and... honestly, it was pretty uninteresting for a game with such an "epic" plot behind it. And yes, I know that the plot wasn't the main focus, and yes, I know the characters' subplots were what was interesting, and yes, I know chapter 10 existed, but... 7 was just a different ballpark from Awakening, and I enjoyed it so much more.

Plus it had Nino my all-time favorite Fire Emblem girl so yeah

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

I'm all for Medieval 2 Total War (Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms) and it's most famous/essential mod, Stainless Steel.

Long live the Holy Roman Empire!

Most all JRPGs

and chess.

Do you guys have any suggestions for me? (preferably free or cheap, Lack of a salary)

Hmmm... If you want a really hardcore strategy game I'd recommend AI War: Fleet Command, or Xenonauts.

If you're looking for something more casual (like chess), then you may want to grab the new XCOM (enemy unknown/within) when it goes on sale next time.

Hmmm... If you want a really hardcore strategy game I'd recommend AI War: Fleet Command, or Xenonauts.

If you're looking for something more casual (like chess), then you may want to grab the new XCOM (enemy unknown/within) when it goes on sale next time.

I have no way of playing any of those

Hmmm... How are you on this forum if you don't have a computer of any kind? Or does IP.B still support MS.DOS based OSs?

I'm guessing the latter, because I haven't done anything to change it.

Unless you're on a dial-up connection you're not using MS.DOS... How do you usually connect to the forum?

I'm not on dial-up. I bought it from a garage sale, so the other guy might have done something to it, but I checked the make for it, and it said it was made in '99.

I'm not on dial-up. I bought it from a garage sale, so the other guy might have done something to it, but I checked the make for it, and it said it was made in '99.

Wow, that's definitely a classic PC then... What do you usually play games on then?

Either the console or handheld they were originally made for, the game board, or emulators on my school-issued computer.

For the school-issued, I only get it for the school year, and I can't surpass the iboss filter on it, so it's difficult to find games to play.