Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you like in a villain?

Alpha-neos

Hiya!

Alpha here!

Asking thought provoking questions!! (if you can call them that)

So! What kind things do you like in a villain?

Genius plans?

Excellent character?

Not too easily defeated?

Very powerful and challenging?

What is it that you like in a villain?

-a~N

• Brohoof 1

I like subtlety and cunning in a villain along with a well-developed personal motive. When a villain like that makes the big reveal, its a lot of fun to draw the contrasts of who they appeared to be and what monster they actually are. I don't think takes quite as much effort to develop a psycho-villain (a power-crazy villain with only the motive of being evil.)

• Brohoof 1

There are many many things that make a great villain but what makes a particular villain a great villain depends on the villain themselves. You have some that manipulate things from behind the scenes like Darth Sideous/Emporer Palpatine, ones with good intentions yet questionable methods like Magneto. Anti heroes like Vergil (Devil May Cry), mentally unstable villains like The Joker ones that although evil do have an honor code like Raz Al Ghul. Evil geniuses like Dr Robotnik and of course the power hungry tyrant villains like Tengu Shredder as well as many other types I forgot to mention. All of which can work depending on how they are written into the story, I generally tend to like villains that are either extremely powerful or very clever.

• Brohoof 2

A villain simply needs to be the opposite of the hero/ine. Needdsa interesting motives and a unique charisma for us to care about him or her. But a great villain needs to pose a threat and gives the protagonist a run for their money.

• Brohoof 1

All villains should have some kind of backstory. It's no fun if we don't know anything about them. They should also have motives that you can at least understand. I hate villains that are just like "I'm going to destroy the world because I'm evil and for no other reason." Most importantly, a villain needs to actually feel like a legitimate threat.

Edited by JPBrony773

A trickster.

Someone who is psychotic, manipulative, and sick in the head.

Edited by Samurott77

I like a serious villain. consider the bad guy in the movie "epic".(Idk his name) he is obviously a psycho, but you can't take him seriously. 

Discord is awesome because he has just enough eeeviiile to be villainous, but is mischievous enough to keep it light and children's-tv-show-appropriate.

Hasbro done goood

• Brohoof 1

A Villain with half a brain... 

Moving aside, I look for brains, looks, good voice and a wonderful plan!

That's why I just love Nightmare Rarity! She's got it all.. and She looks sexy! She really does..  

Wait wait!

Who's Nightmare Rarity!?

When did that happen????? D:

I like big, strong, bad ass villains who can kick major butt. Not your typical Villain who sits on a throne and commands and army to attack. I'm talking about a super powerful villain who can literally crack anyone skull in nearly seconds.  

Also, smart and devious. Just because he/she is strong, doesn't mean they have to be a meat head. Manipulative and intelligent villains are awesome! 

A villain that looks like this

scar-the-lion-king-30890938-1167-1080.jp

Or.. like these

tumblr_m1imjqgSeq1rrz6ido2_1280.jpg

manticore_nest_by_m02tisune-d58an08.png

medusa_by_robshields-d591vms.jpg

• Brohoof 1

A smart and intelligent villain that is one step ahead of the heroes, often setting up Xanatos Gambit and manipulating the heroes to his advantage. He is a villain with motives, sure, but he isn't a Card Carrying Villain.

That's my view of a villain should be.

Sexy, cute, cold, mysterious, and absolutely adorable tragic villains who aren't actually bad and make things better for the good characters – known as Satan Is Good. Otherwise also known as Homura-chan <3

Huh...That name sounds familiar.

But I don't know where from. o___o

I love villains that make the hero think. They need to be clever and insanely smart, being strong is easy but brains take time and study. Like Moriarty from Sherlock, he's an excellent villain. I'd even say a perfect one! 

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I believe a good villain is one that has an impact. Doesn't have to be powerful, strong, or even have a good character build. If they manage to do something so bad, that even after they're gone, it has an impact in some way, that's what makes a good villain.

• Brohoof 1

That's Akemi Homura from the anime Madoka Magica. Great show, great show... horribly deceiving, too.

Ooooh!! That anime!

Hmmm I need to look into that. >__>

MLP comics, she becomes Nightmare Rarity. They are really good! should look in to them.

Welp!

Time to go on another google hunt.

• Brohoof 1