Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Breastfeeding scene on MLP:FiM? Ok or ‘not ok’?

Sholem Itzhak

Breastfeeding scene in MLP:FiM?  

99 users have voted

1. 1. Would you be ok with a Breastfeeding scene in MLP:FiM?

• Ok
    • Not Ok

• 1 year later...

No 'breast'-feeding scene. 

Either you make them seem to horsey by making them feed accurately by suckling from mammaries with exposed nipples.

Or you end up having to change the feel of the whole show so that the horses are more human and wear human clothes that avoid that problem (MLP Tales could get away with it).

As for public breast-feeding, well I'm not a huge one for making conventional ideas of decency limit what people want to do. Also, the purpose of exposing genitalia is quite important to whether it's an indecent display. Overall, provided the individual is being reasonably respectful of cultural norms, I'd defend someone if they were being chastised for breast-feeding in public. I'd be even happier to defend them if they had a good reason for public feeding eg it's howling and they hadn't got a bottle.

It seems natural to me. Also, it doesn't need to be a graphic scene. Just a mare sitting on a chair with her infant's face shoved into her croatch. I don't see anything wrong with that. But that also depends on the mentality of each individual. There are people out there with very dirty mindsets. And those will be the first ones to say this is wrong. Not me, though. I want to see it.

On 2014-02-10 at 4:08 PM, Sholem Itzhak said:

Here’s a breastfeeding scene from Sesame Street: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-L-Fg7lWgQ

Here’s another breastfeeding scene from Rugrats: http://youtu.be/Kq0ZbaJs_l0?t=5m58s

Now, picture a breastfeeding scene in an episode of MLP:FiM (perhaps Mrs. Cake breastfeeding Pound Cake and/or Pumpkin Cake).

Would you find that ok or ‘not ok’?

I’d personally be a-ok with it.

YouTube has decided:

• Video unavailable
  • Video unavailable

I think it wouldn't be a good idea

Given that it's supposed to for all ages, a breastfeeding scene wouldn't be appropriate. Now hypothetically, if FiM was a show for mature audiences, an implied breastfeeding scene would likely be more acceptable. An implied public breastfeeding scene would be controversial, however, and may receive backlash as a result.