Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wondering about cannon food...

StableStahl

All of you guys are basically saying 'They're using cows'... I hope you know that's basically like going up to someone else and asking them to use their breast milk... cows can talk and have their own personlity...

• Brohoof 1

@,

That is an almost valid point. If it weren't from the fact that the cows, just like other farmyard animals that aren't horses, are living in dominianship to ponies.

This is also seen in pigs and sheep, who while they have no lines, still live on farms.

@,

That is an almost valid point. If it weren't from the fact that the cows, just like other farmyard animals that aren't horses, are living in dominianship to ponies.

This is also seen in pigs and sheep, who while they have no lines, still live on farms.

what about the donkeys and zebras, they are both related to horses, or ponies, but are not horses, and donkeys are farm animals

what about the donkeys and zebras, they are both related to horses, or ponies, but are not horses, and donkeys are farm animals

Donkeys have been shown to be at the but of society with only a few ever making anything of themselves, and Zebras live on a completely different continent so they are pretty unheard of in equestrian society.

Donkeys have been shown to be at the but of society with only a few ever making anything of themselves, and Zebras live on a completely different continent so they are pretty unheard of in equestrian society.

forgot to mention this, but what about the bufflo, which are cow related, are they also considered the butt of society?

They are the indians of society. So to a degree, kind of. 

do you realize we're going off topic... and going into racism... and you do realize cows aren't the only things that make milk right... and no I'm not talking about goats

do you realize we're going off topic... and going into racism... and you do realize cows aren't the only things that make milk right... and no I'm not talking about goats

Yeah, it's racist to say that a group that was clearly and blatantly designed off of actual native Americans are the indians of society in that they are a relatively unrepresented minority that is just left to it's own devices.

Besides, the only goats we've seen have been with Iron Will. Because of that, it's safe to say that they are probably native to the homelands of Minotaur.

Edited by GameytheGeemer

Yeah, it's racist to say that a group that was clearly and blatantly designed off of actual native Americans are the indians of society in that they are a relatively unrepresented minority that is just left to it's own devices.

Besides, the only goats we've seen have been with Iron Will. Because of that, it's safe to say that they are probably native to the homelands of Minotaur.

Dude, you implied that the donkeys were sub-citizens to the ponies of Equestria, and said that they are using another race of hooven creatures for their dairy needs.  So you brought up racism.  There are other ways to make dairy; ever heard of almond milk?

@,

Yes, I have heard of almond milk. It's so named because it appears to be milk but is derived from almonds. However, do to the fact that it doesn't have any of the proteins found in actual milk, is unable to be made into cheese.

Besides, it's rather clear that ponies are the highest race do to their numbers and the fact that they have magic. Therefor, it isn't racist, it's just accurate.

• Brohoof 1

Dude, you implied that the donkeys were sub-citizens to the ponies of Equestria, and said that they are using another race of hooven creatures for their dairy needs.  So you brought up racism.  There are other ways to make dairy; ever heard of almond milk?

I don't want to eat your almond milk cheese either, so we're even.

Hey, it is what it is. Until proven canonically, we can only guess. Your guess is as god as the rest of ours. You know, assuming they follow common sense and all of that.

@,

Yes, I have heard of almond milk. It's so named because it appears to be milk but is derived from almonds. However, do to the fact that it doesn't have any of the proteins found in actual milk, is unable to be made into cheese.

Besides, it's rather clear that ponies are the highest race do to their numbers and the fact that they have magic. Therefor, it isn't racist, it's just accurate.

Well there is soy milk as well and soy does contain protein, I was just using almond milk as an example, since everypony else was going towards the animal milk route. 

All of you guys are basically saying 'They're using cows'... I hope you know that's basically like going up to someone else and asking them to use their breast milk... cows can talk and have their own personlity...

people do this and some say yes. most of the animals in equestria are vegetarian. considering how controlled literally everything but the everfree forest is why would a pasture grazing animal need to move on up in society. there's simply no need because they have what they need. for all we know, cows are paid for their milk through land to graze on.

• Brohoof 1

Well there is soy milk as well and soy does contain protein, I was just using almond milk as an example, since everypony else was going towards the animal milk route.

That is a fair example, but out of my hat, I pull this. A screenshot that at least hints to the fact that all of that is cows milk.

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140203121348/mlp/images/1/11/Cheese_between_two_cows_wearing_mask_of_Rainbow's_face_S4E12.png

While the fact remains that there is Soy Cheese, there is much less distinction between types than cows cheese.

That is a fair example, but out of my hat, I pull this. A screenshot that at least hints to the fact that all of that is cows milk.

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140203121348/mlp/images/1/11/Cheese_between_two_cows_wearing_mask_of_Rainbow's_face_S4E12.png

While the fact remains that there is Soy Cheese, there is much less distinction between types than cows cheese.

Just because they are on a cheese float does not mean that cows are used for milk

people do this and some say yes. most of the animals in equestria are vegetarian. considering how controlled literally everything but the everfree forest is why would a pasture grazing animal need to move on up in society. there's simply no need because they have what they need. for all we know, cows are paid for their milk through land to graze on.

valid point, that's something more logical then what I was getting....

Just because they are on a cheese float does not mean that cows are used for milk

I was more talking to their relation to Cheese Sandwich, who uses a LOT of cheese in his parties. So, where would he get all that cheese, simple, make it himself from the local cows. 

I was more talking to their relation to Cheese Sandwich, who uses a LOT of cheese in his parties. So, where would he get all that cheese, simple, make it himself from the local cows. 

dang... he's a busy pony if he has a dairy farm on the side... and how would they get said milk, do they use some type of machine or do it by hoof?

dang... he's a busy pony if he has a dairy farm on the side... and how would they get said milk, do they use some type of machine or do it by hoof?

Seeing as how he is very similar to Pinkie herself, the fact that he is constantly busy isn't even up for debate. Though the possibility remains that he can teleport and have hamerspace, so he might just make it in bulk in the off days.

But, they could get the milk either way, as we have seen that they have more advanced technology than that in terms of amplification, and we have also seen that hooves can work exactly like people with opposable thumbs.

Edited by GameytheGeemer