Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wondering about cannon food...

StableStahl

Cows. AJ has cows. This is extremely obvious. Also, how else are you going to make all those good-looking treats at Sugarcube Corner without milk?

And I thought humans milking cows was weird enough. God imagine if the cow you were milking was as intelligent as you, and could talk. Awkward?  :P

• Brohoof 1

And I thought humans milking cows was weird enough. God imagine if the cow you were milking was as intelligent as you, and could talk. Awkward?

I don't see how it would be awkward if I gave the cows food and shelter and that was the only way they could pay me back. 

I don't see how it would be awkward if I gave the cows food and shelter and that was the only way they could pay me back. 

I guess so.

But then, when I think about it waaaay too hard it seems kind of like, if I were an equine, and the cow were a bovine, and we could speak, and the females of both our species had udders. It would be kind of like milking a boob?

But then, when I think about it waaaay too hard it seems kind of like, if I were an equine, and the cow were a bovine, and we could speak, and the females of both our species had udders. It would be kind of like milking a boob?

Yes, it would. But, if it was entirely profitable to sell human milk, don't you think people would already be doing it. That would be the exact same thing just about. 

• 6 years later...

Wakin' this thread up!

Because I genuinely think we haven't delved deep enough into this. While it can be technically argued that you could just as easily magic up something for foodstuffs and in this dimension it's just referred to as Milk and that just happens to coincide with the human description...

Humans do use that milk for specified purposes. Like, its a binding agent along with eggs. You can't get a cupcake to hold together by any other known means. But it's glazing over a darker topic...

Sure, one could argue ponies could just as well be well aware their critters and other animals in their world are sentient. If Angel Bunny can have as much personality & thought to be as undoubtedly sinister as he is, i'm sure every animal here is as smart enough to be a pony's friend. And ponies are just real in tune with nature. Like, you talk with the chickens about taking their eggs, and its sort of an arrangement.

But yeah, no. That's not how any of this works.

You see, we have eggs and milk SPECIFICALLY because of Human Domestication. Cows & Chickens, as we know it, would not exist if we did not breed them specifically for humans to take advantage of. Chickens do not naturally lay that many eggs, Cows (which specifically refers to the females of the species if I recall) are actively deprived of their young so they are kept constantly lactating. And this takes on a Far More Sinister Undertone... if both parties are Sentient! It's one thing for a more evolved species to do that, but...

You mean to say Ponies not only became a more populated, but subjugated another species with which they can talk to & interact with, to the point where they've not only force bred them to not be able to operate their own bodies, glands or have enough intelligence to fend for themselves anymore, but ritualistically take their children away, force them to breed with selected mates all to take their gland secretion bodily fluids to put into confectionaries that are, at best, snacks and unneeded food material?!!?

In short, you don't get cheese or milk or eggs without messed up practices that get even worse if the gap in intelligence is closer.

...did you know you can't even coagulate cheese without cow stomach scrapings? Yes, cows have to die in order for cheese to be made. Feel free to correct me, please!

On 2/10/2014 at 6:40 PM, GameytheGeemer said:

I'm sorry about this, but I don't think that Pizza Cannons are Canon.

pizza_pie__s_cheese_rail_gun__by_hikaris

As for where they get cheese, they have cows.

On 2/10/2014 at 6:40 PM, GameytheGeemer said:

I'm sorry about this, but I don't think that Pizza Cannons are Canon.

pizza_pie__s_cheese_rail_gun__by_hikaris

As for where they get cheese, they have cows.