Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dreamsong

https://pony.fm/tracks/1903-queridasamigas-dearestfriends

...Nearing the end of her first thousand years as ruler of Equestria, Princess Twilight Sparkle finds herself returning more often to the fields and hills outside what was once Ponyville - her home.  Remembering her earliest years and the dearest friends who will forever live within her heart.

Queridas Amigas (Dearest Friends)

I can still remember, how we used-to be;
Friends forever, element bearers –
You were a part of me.
All of our adventures;
Together we were one.
Now that it's over, all that I'm left with:
The light of moon and sun.

Queridas amigas, live in my heart.
Princess forever – wish I weren't
Everlasting, like the sun.
Live forever in the moments,
Not believing that you're gone.

Daily I remember, every laugh we shared;
Troubles we faced, dreams that we chased,
You were always there.
All those days are over, in loving memory.
Mustn't be sad, never forget
Our years of harmony.

Queridas amigas, live in my heart.
Everlasting, like the sun, (and the moon).

Your spirits always with me when I raise the sun;
I couldn't without you, thinking about you
And how we had begun.

Queridas amigas, live in my heart!
Everlasting, like the sun.

------------------------------------

It is not the most popular of concepts, "Immortal Twilight," but when TheFreal approached me with the first draft of the lyrics of "Princess Forever," (a parody of "Viva Forever" by Spice Girls,) it struck me to the core of my heart.

A very long time ago, I lived on the edge of the Alaskan frontier, several miles north of Fairbanks.  My team of six wonderful sleddogs and I saved one-anothers' lives countless times on our adventures into the wilderness.  That was my Ponyville.

As years passed, I watched as one-by-one my own dearest friends, my own Mane6 grew old and passed-away in my arms.

So... popular or no, I can relate.

--------------------------

QUERIDAS AMIGAS (Dearest Friends)
(A parody of "Viva Forever")

Lyrics by TheFreal and Amadhia
Performed by Amadhia (Dreamsong)
Featuring Malstorm on Guitar, Drums and Bass
Featuring Lilypad on Harmony Vocals

Edited by Dreamsong
  • Brohoof 3

The instrumentals are really good, and the chorus has some vocal changes, but those need to transfer over to the verses as well.  The main bulk of the words stay at a really steady tone that makes the song kinda fall flat.

It's a really good effort, though.

This is truly touching and moving, even though the writers did say that Twilight will not be immortal.

Thank you so much!  (And thank goodness the writers have made that decision!)

This is very sad :( I know the writers did says he won't outlive her friends but the thought of it is very sad and touching

*hugs* I know... when TheFreal approached me with the concept I was like, OMGosh... wow!  I've got to make time to do that song!

The instrumentals are really good, and the chorus has some vocal changes, but those need to transfer over to the verses as well.  The main bulk of the words stay at a really steady tone that makes the song kinda fall flat.

It's a really good effort, though.

I've tried to make sense of what you've written, but it's so vague and nebulous I have a difficult time inferring any constructive criticism from it.

Can you expound, and be specific as to what you feel needs to be changed to improve your own personal listening experience?

• Brohoof 1

I've tried to make sense of what you've written, but it's so vague and nebulous I have a difficult time inferring any constructive criticism from it.

Can you expound, and be specific as to what you feel needs to be changed to improve your own personal listening experience?

Every part that's not the chorus is sung in a flat tone.  Makes it sound off to me, that's all.

Every part that's not the chorus is sung in a flat tone.  Makes it sound off to me, that's all.

*ponders* Hmmmm... "Flat tone"... that could mean note-wise, volume/dynamic-wise, or perhaps the choice of emotional delivery....?

Reaching... trying to see what you mean... I could possibly see that there may be too much compression on the lead vocals reducing the perception of dynamic/emotional variance....

Perhaps if you could go into more detail than a few sentences it might help future productions I have to engineer myself?  (I'm a singer, not an engineer, and the engineer from the label I'm signed-with gave his seal of approval on this personal/fun track. But I know there's nothing done so well that it can not be improved-upon -- even in such a subjective arena as music!  Every bit of truly constructive criticism helps to make the next projects even better! :) )

Wonderful job on this. The chorus does pop due to the wonderful harmony but that doesn't detract from the verses. Great throughout!

Thank you, Mr. Leader of the Brony Music Directory!

(That was the feel for which I was striving: a kind of quiet, private lament for the verses that evolved into a more and more intense reverie at each successive chorus... pulling back into a more private introspection for the next verse as I've heard done in some Broadway numbers.  I'm glad you feel that crazy little experiment was successful!)

<3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...