Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 Romance- Love beyound the clouds.

arkman575

@

Iris looked at Winter with a obviously fake smile, an almost invisible tear rolling down her mussel. "It's... nothing. You have done nothing wrong." She reassured the pony. "It's not family, just... some memories that I wish I could just forget." She looked at Winter. "You shouldn't be worried about offending me, it is I who should be watching my place here. Now where were we?" She said, trying to change the subject. "You said you work in Clowdsdale, right? Ever hear about the Rainbow factory myth?"

@

She continued to smile, trying to keep her defense up. "It's nothing really. It's..." That's when she lost her composure. The tears she had been holding back began to pour. "Excuse me." Iris pardoned as she stood up from the table and walked away from the table. She just needed to be alone. 

When out of sight of the stallion, Iris opened her wings and flew to the top deck of the ship. It was completely empty, so she lied down on the floor, beginning to wimpier. Usually Dash was there to comfort her, but tonight, she was alone. 

@@arkman575

Winter tried to follow her but lost sight of her. Winter looked around and tried to find a way to the top deck. He found a stair case and when he walked up them he heard whimpering, When he got up on the deck he saw her. He just stood there and didn't say anything. He looked at her with sympathetic eyes. He whispered "I'm sorry" before turning around and sitting on the stairs.

@

She looked up from her sadness to see Winter at the stairwell. Two emotions were fighting through her, one of anger, one of sorrow. As she waited for the stallion to leave her be, she got agitated by his presence. 'All I wanted was to be alone, not be with some stranger! Dash knows that! What in wolven hell did she do this to me!' She thought

"Get out! Iris yelled at the stallion. "Get out!" 

@@arkman575

Winter stood up and walked away as he walked he said "I'm sorry" he found a place where he could clearly see the sky on the lower deck and thought to himself Alto,Cirrus, Cumulus, Al... Winter sat down "what have I done"  He looked at a cloud and his horn began to glow, the cloud also began to glow and it slowly began to produce snow, 10 snowflakes landed on the ship.

@

Iris looked into the reflection of herself through the puddle of her tears. What she saw was the wolven goddess that caused her pain. The winds on her back had only caused her misery. It was because of them that she was disowned from her pack, exiled from her wolven kin, and betrayed by the one she loved. The latter was the most painful for her, as her mate was willing to go along with the death of her. The most heart wrenching was that he did it without a protest.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a white dot falling from the sky. AS it landed on her outstretched paw, Iris examined it to fine it to be a snow flake. Iris loved the snow, but when she was banished from the wolven lands, she only had the few months in the winter. Seeing the flake reminded Iris of one thing. "Winter." she spoke under her breath. "The one pony that potentially cared about her (other than Dash) was trying to help her, but she cast him away. She had to see him. She ran down the flight of stairs, beginning her search for Winter.

@

Iris made her way across the decks, trying to search for Winter. She had been fruitless so far, until she reached the lower deck. He saw the pony sitting by himself, sad. 

"Winter!" she exclaimed as she ran up to him. "I'm sorry about before... I just needed to let some steam go. But I realized something. You came for me, and I thank you for that."

@@arkman575

Winter turned his head "I thought you hated me"  Winter said wiping away his tears, "You don't have to apologize, I should have respected that you wanted to be alone, and not gone after you." Winters said with an ashamed tone. His horn stopped glowing and the cloud outside the ship stopped producing snow. 

@

"how could I hate you for trying to comfort me in a time of need?" Iris asked, a warm smile on her face. "I have never had a pony come after my like that. It means a lot to me" She approached the stallion and gives him a soft hug. "Thank you, Winter." She whispered into his ear.

@

"How could you blame yourself for that? You didn't know." She said, breaking the hug. "Come on Winter, you can't beat yourself up over that. Trust me, I needed that out of my system. If you want, I can tell you why I reacted the way I did. It might shed some light on things." 

@

She gave a slight smile to him. "It began two years ago.

I was waiting for the omegas to get the day's meat hull in for the day. One of them was Crimson Shadow. He was, how you would call it, my colt friend. It wasn't uncommon for an omega to mate with a beta, but we were in love. When he came home with the others, he discover that I had winds. I don't know how I missed it that day, but we both were shocked. In the wolven religion, there is one god. The Pterolykos: a powerful winged wolf who protects all wolven life. When one falls, another takes it's place. I was next. When the alphas found out I was... a god, they considered it blasphemy that I try to imitate the god. They ordered my exicution, and Crimson fallowed without hesitation. I ran for my life, to here: Equestria. That's when I ran into Dash. Those wolves were my family, and they wanted me dead. I am sorry for the tail, but it sheds some light on why I am who I am." A single tear ran down her face, but her expression was that of mild sorrow.

@

Iris felt Winter wipe the tear away. She looked up to meet him in his gaze. "Your welcome. I did love them, that's why it hurts when I bring up the subject." She smiled at him, trying to forget the tears. "Thank you for being here for me, Winter. It means more than you can imagine to me." She moves in and gives a light kiss on the cheek.

@

She looked at the nervously blushing stallion with a sly grin. Iris might have been caught up in the moment, but it felt too right not to. She looked up to see the night sky taking effect with the sunset finishing off the day. "Well, I believe it would be my time to turn in. It was great to meet you, Winter. And, thank you again... for everything." She gave a wave of her wings and turned towards her cabin for the one night. The trip was going to end tomorrow at noon, so she just acquired a living space that suited her needs. Nothing close to first class, but still was decent. As she walked into her room she sat on her bed and thought to herself. 'Wow... my first stallion I've kissed.' She sat on her bed for half an hour, pondering the idea of loving a pony.

@@arkman575

Winter waved goodbye and looked up at the stars. "If only mom can see me now." He whispered as he smiled. He saw a musician from the dining area with a violin "Hey, can I borrow that violin real quick" The musician nodded and handed Winter the violin and bow. Winter began to play Sernade no. 13. 

@

Iris listened to the wonderful music as she laid on her bed. Whoever the violinist was, was a god. She slowly drifted off to sleep, the last thought that ran through her mind was of a wonderful and caring stallion named Winter Breeze.

(just to say, I'm still here. Just I thought night was needed. Up to you how we continue.)

@@arkman575

The notes of the song went through his head like a dream. Winter's eyes were closed and every time he would reach the end of a measure he would open them for less than a second. As he came to the conclusion of the 6 minute piece he thought of the author of the song, Wolfgang Mozart the that made him think of one thing Iris As he played the last note he opened his eyes. "thank you" Winter said to the musician as he handed him back his violin. Winter got up and began walking to his own cabin before he blacked out and couldn't remember what happened past that.

(the next day at 9:30 am)

@

Iris woke from a blissful trance of sleep as she felt the first rays of the new day wash across her fur. She slowly opened her eyes, got out of bed and adjusted her wings. After some light preening, she washed up and left her cabin for some breakfast on the ship.

@

Iris turned to see who called her. "Oh, Winter! I had the best sleep I've had in weeks. Did you hear the violinist last night? He/she sounded beautiful! Best sleep remedy in the world. I was going to get some breakfast. Care to join me? Oh, I almost forgot, how was your night?"