Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony - Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks (Trailer)

MadDoggyca

That Vinyl Scratch dance though.... xD

But, my question: How the heck does Twilight get there? o.e

If pony Twilight did not returned to the human world, That must Twilight's "twin" mentioned by Human Pinkie in EG1
  • Brohoof 1

After watching the trailer a few times, and going through some of the usual reactions, panic that they are just taking the easy route, confusion because why are they in a rock bad (especially since they are supposed to be almost the same as their pony counterparts which means they are already comfortable with their strengths and talents and none of their talents even closely resemble anything that would go into a rock bad. Not to mention Fluttershy can barely handle one on one interactions, so I can easily see her passing out at the thought of being on stage), why is there Twilight (and it must be the pony universe Twilight because there's no reason why human universe Twilight would ascend to alicorn state because a) even if there is enough magic in this universe no one knows how to access it well enough to allow for this kind of ascension and b ) our Twilight ascended because she mastered the magic of friendship, something human universe Twilight wouldn't have done because she never met the other and most likely continued living her life of books and solitude with only Spike to keep her company, which is even sadder when you consider the fact that he's a dog in this universe and dogs don't talk), how are they able to access these powers when it seemed to me that the proximity to an open portal to a world of magical ponies is what helped them access their pony(ish) state, which is why when the portal closed, the magic faded away (or it could be Twilight's presence or the proximity to her element of harmony, or all of the above, but which ever it is, none of these factors should be present for another 30 moons (how ever long a moon is in this world)). Yeah, there are a lot of questions that need to be answered and I had a lot of trouble thinking up of an answer to them that didn't involve removing all the wants, strengths, and characterization already set in place, or abandoning the band plot all together (which seems like it's the driving force of the story), but I think I came up with something that doesn't have to ignore the already set characters but it still makes sense with what they've showed us so far.

After the events of the first movie, the mane 5 humans become fascinated with the magic they wielded. They aren't quite sure how they did it (because Twilight was really the one controlling the magic  and they rest have only heard of such things from stories and fairy-tales), but they figure it must have something to do with their friendship with Twilight. Knowing they can't access pony Twilight because the portal is closed, they go looking for her human counterpart and to see if they can recreate the events in the first movie. When they realize it's more than just friendship that triggers the elements (or because this Twilight would be similar to the Twilight of the first episode, and they are trying to force a friendship out of greed, they begin to realize they are trying to force a deep bond for reasons that end up pushing this Twilight away because they all seem crazy to her). After failing the song and dance thing, they begin to feel frustrated because they just aren't getting it. While putting away the sound equipment, one of (either Applejack, Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie) them plays a bit with an instrument and they notice a bit of magic. Seeing this, they all grab instruments (after encouraging a still reluctant Twilight), and they transform into their pony shapes. They create a band to learn more about the magic of friendship and the power they can control together. With a little help from Flash Sentry (because let's not forget he had a band so not having him in the movie would make no sense (after all, I'm pretty sure all of them will need music lessons), and it will also add an interesting subplot with the human universe Twilight Sparkle because she wouldn't be the same person he (fell in love with? likes?) in the first movie because without her friends to learn and grow from and because he barely knows her, he'll be confronted with a frustrated, loner rather than the awkward but outgoing version he met, and thus he'll be torn between his affections for pony Twilight but knowing that that in some ways this is the same person but in other ways, she isn't), they learn about the power of music and of friendship. As for why they kind of look more like a glam rock band, Rarity.

I've even come up with a reason why this is a human Twilight and not our pony Twilight despite the wings and being unlikely to have earned them herself. When you think about it, why did Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash get wings, or why did they take on somewhat pony forms? Because these are the forms Twilight projected on them (of course this doesn't explain why no one got horns, but maybe Twilight's so used to unicorn horns that she doesn't even think about them but because she's unused to wings, that's an appendage that stands out in her mind). Even though they weren't really her friends, because of the way they acted and their names, in the back of her mind, she almost believed they were the same people/ponies she knew back in Equestria. Rationally she knew they weren't, but a part of her (maybe a bit out of homesickness) projected her friends onto these people and thus, when she accessed the elements of harmony through them, she also transformed them into forms she was more comfortable with. When they find a way to recreate the elements of harmony in the story I came up with, they re-projected those images onto themselves because that's what they think they should look like when they use this power, and when they bring in human Twilight, they project the alicorn/human/pony image onto her because that's what they think she should look like, when in reality they probably wouldn't have transformed at all if they found a way to access this power without Twilight's help (after all, the pony versions of them didn't transform at all while using the elements and I think that's because they never expected to transform while using this magic, and because friendship, magic, and harmony don't seem to be pony exclusive, I'm pretty sure that it's not that the elements of harmony come from Equestria that transformed them but because Twilight has a certain bias to the form of herself and her friends), but then again, they probably wouldn't have recognized the power for what it is and control it without Twilight's help.

So that's my idea on what this story's going to be like. I doubt anything I've said will turn out to be right (especially the Flash Sentry part because nearly every other background character in the first movie has screen time in this trailer and yet a character they set up as interested in Twilight, and already is a talented musician and thus can at least act as a mentor, is not there), but it makes sense with the clips in the trailer and maybe it's just because it's the story I came up with, but I kind of like it and rather than worry about how bad it could be, coming up with this helps me focus on how good it could be (although I will take the realistic approach, and say that it will be similar to the first movie: a good 1-2 hour distraction but nowhere near as well written as the show).

Edited by RoseLaflesh

This looks so cheesy and dumb and I LOVE IT!!!! Ohmygosh. I can't wait till this movie comes out! I mean come on, it's a movie about them starting a rock band. How could someone hate pony hybrids shakin their tails?

I'm guessing I'm going to be the minority that doesn't hop on the I hate Equestria Girls bandwagon yet again? I mean let's be serious, if it were them as ponies in the exact same scenario of epic rock band it would have a much better first impression on the fandom.

bring on the Rainbow Rocks! :3

• Brohoof 1

I guess I'll watch it, since they reference the first movie in Season 4.

I mean let's be serious, if it were them as ponies in the exact same scenario of epic rock band it would have a much better first impression on the fandom.

I totally agree! I think some people are just biased against these human(ish) not-exactly-mane-6 ponies. However...if Twilight is the twin that was already in the EQG world, I will be disappointed, because the movie will have no plot whatsoever. :P

• Brohoof 1

You know what, I'm going to watch it and have fun. I don't care if it is cheesy and stupid, it's a fun kind of cheesy and stupid, the kind of cheesy and stupid I grew up with and I'll be damned if I'm going be a pretentious prick about it.

Amen to that. Even if it is going to be cheesy just as Power Rangers had a number of times and a bit stupid and nuts at points, I'm going to pass judgment when I see the official product and and I'm just going to like the movie as well, regardless although I don't hold any high hopes for it and the fact that I want a stronger story-line and for the movie to be longer than just an hour, specifically an hour-and-a-half or two hours.

• Brohoof 1

I had fun with the first movie and I will have fun with this. I am totally looking forward to Vinyl Scratch's part and am trying so hard to be patient.

...it's not working! I've got to get out of this thread before I explode!

• Brohoof 1

You know what? I loved the first movie, the second movie could be even better! I know that Hasbro could have improved some minor parts of the first one, otherwise it would be a big black hole of pasta. I don't care about the music in the first movie, but what it counts is the second movie. Its all about the music! :)

• Brohoof 1

Omgfh that trailer was so amazing!

I really wanna Equestria Girls songs more. That song in the trailer sounded very cute and I wanted to dance with it. 

Oh gosh... I just love Applejack's accent. She's so amazing. And I'm so excited to see when she plays guitar. And Twily looked fantastic, too! As always.

I really want to see this movie. I loved the first one! <3 

And Vinyl was there ~~ She gotta be DJ. :D

But. Seriously. I. want. this. freaking. movie. NOW. ;_____; <3

i can't wait

i just thought... sunset shimmer?

i wanna her be in this movie, too ;_____; <3 

• Brohoof 1

I just saw the trailer, surely I wasn't expecting a music movie. I definitely looking forward to it. I love the songs from the first movie, actually helping twilight win the crown is one of the songs I just love to play on guitar.

I don't really have high expectations for this movie...but I think I'll watch it anyway.

Eerr... Do you know what character depth is?

I don't wanna start an argument, I was just asking why so many people dislike him, and I do know what character depth is.
  • Brohoof 1

I don't wanna start an argument, I was just asking why so many people dislike him, and I do know what character depth is.

I'm not trying to start an argument either, I'm just super sarcastic. But I don't like him cause of lack of character depth and I think everyone else hates him cause he stole their wafui.

• Brohoof 1