Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony - Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks (Trailer)

MadDoggyca

You know what, I'm going to watch it and have fun. I don't care if it is cheesy and stupid, it's a fun kind of cheesy and stupid, the kind of cheesy and stupid I grew up with and I'll be damned if I'm going be a pretentious prick about it.

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 9

So, this is official?

The first movie wasn't entirely bad, at least average, but I would put it somewhere in the 31/2-4 star rating. I am interested in seeing how this sequel will turn out, hopefully it will improve upon the first one's many flaws.

I don't really see why everyone is getting themselves all up in a twist because of this, unless it actually becomes canon to the cartoon.

• Brohoof 2

Though my initial reaction may have been like the video above, I will admit that this doesn't look that bad actually. The random pony/human power thing looks kind of weird though. Anyways, I'll go see this in theatres for sure. It can't be worse than the first one. (I actually enjoyed the first one by the way)

I think it'll be far fetched. Human and pony hybrids that become pop-rock stars? I'm not sure what they were on when they were thinking about this. But I will still watch it. I think the best outcome will be there might be some catchy songs. That's about it.

The little things keep pissing me off, like why is Pinke playing the drums?  Clearly the track they're playing to uses programmed, electronic drums. I don't see any triggers, or pads on that kit.  She's very clearly playing an acoustic instrument.  Fuck you Hasbro.  I hope it's going to be good!   

• Brohoof 3

As crappy as I thought EqG was, this actually looks slightly better. While I really don't like this electro-pop style music, hopefully the songs will at least be catchy. I'm sure Vinyl Scratch will be given lines, so there's a huge plus.

What are the changes that they'll bring pony Twilight back to this human universe? I hope they use the human Twilight already existing in that universe, as bringing our Twilight back is pretty contrived. However, that seems unlikely, as we clearly see them in pony-humanoid hybrids. Damn it, Hasbro! You had to go full furry again!

The only way I will actually watch this if they really explore more than just the stereotypcal kinds of music, and if they keep up the 'originality' in their content with this. If they make this something that is already the same as anything else, then it won't exactly be anything interesting to watch.

If they start playing jazz music I will seriously go insane... But that's not going to happen I guess :C

P.S: The song that was in the trailer was IMO absolutely shit... They could've at least harmonized the voices, and there could've been slightly more interesting lyrics.............. yeah. Or how about making more than just a loop? I know this is just a trailer but come on, if you want to get is interested in watching this stuff then come up with some good music.

Edited by Scribblegroove
  • Brohoof 2

The only way I will actually watch this if they really explore more than just the stereotypcal kinds of music, and if they keep up the 'originality' in their content with this. If they make this something that is already the same as anything else, then it won't exactly be anything interesting to watch.

If they start playing jazz music I will seriously go insane... But that's not going to happen I guess :C

P.S: The song that was in the trailer was IMO absolutely shit... They could've at least harmonized the voices, and there could've been slightly more interesting lyrics.............. yeah. Or how about making more than just a loop? I know this is just a trailer but come on, if you want to get is interested in watching this stuff then come up with some good music.

That would be insane if the started playing swing tunes, but then I might ask how they all seem to understand and feel the technical knowledge of playing that kind of music so proficiently at such a young age in the year 2014.  I guess it makes sense that they play pop, it's not exactly the hardest style to understand.  I mean let's be real, there isn't anything original about Make a Wish for example, but it's actually a well written, thought out pop song, so everybody thinks it's good.  This feels like they slopped it together after a night of binge drinking and called it good.  I totally know how you feel dude.   

Great. EQG was fun, and I enjoyed it. I hope this is just as fun to watch. I wanted more EQG anyway.

If this is what's in the mystery box, I will kill someone.

It's all but confirmed that Rainbow Power is in the box.