Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would Spike X Sweetie Belle be a better Shipping than Sparity?

True Rarity

One of my friends on deviantART mentioned that she ships Spike X Sweetie Belle because their ages are closer than that of the Sparity shipping. I think it's cute, too.

Then there's the matter of this picture, which I came across on the wikia:

640px-Sweetie_Belle_and_Spike_dancing_S0

None of the other Cutie Mark Crusaders were featured in the scene, yet Sweetie Belle got screen time alongside Spike. What could it mean?

Edited by Lady~Rarity
  • Brohoof 7

It doesn't really mean anything. Maybe Spike wanted to dance with Sweetie Belle, as a way to show Rarity that he is really good at dancing and really good with fillies. So, it could happen.

• Brohoof 3

I actually find it pretty damn adorable if you ask me, very cute indeed.

However, it's also just as adorable when spike is paired with rarity, if more was shown.

But I would be down with seeing this pair, seeing as it would make sense.

• Brohoof 2

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Spike gets no one. Spike has a crush on rarity but will never get her. He will also never get sweetie belle because she's taken by button mash. They would be my OTP, if that slot wasn't filled by big mac and Cheerilee. Which also cancels out sweetie mac. And if you ship that, you're just wrong. 

bigmac_and_cheerilee_by_lightning_flickr

• Brohoof 2

It would make more sense than Spike and Rarity, Spike having a crush on her is believable but her feeling the same way is nearly impossible and even if does happen they have almost nothing in common so I don't think it would work. Spike and Rarity could happen and if does has a decent shot of succeeding, as a matter of fact I could see Spike with pretty much any of the CMC though I like him and Sweetie Belle in particular.

• Brohoof 1

I agree that Spike and Rarity will never be together because of age differences and he'll probably grow out of his crush on her once he accepts this fact.

But Spike and Sweetie Belle a couple?

Uhhh, shouldn't dragons end up with other dragons? A dragon dating and marrying a pony...what type of kids would that produce? I don't even want to think about the genetic implications...please don't tell me I'm the only one considering the genetic aspect.

• Brohoof 1

A dragon dating and marrying a pony...what type of kids would that produce?

Random thought:

What if such things have already happened in the past and Discord is an example of such a kid of cross-species shipping? :umad:  You know, he's part goat, part dragon... :derp:

Spike gets no pony. This is a fact. He is there as an assistant and comic relief. He will not get with either of the 2 sisters and will remain a baby dragon for the rest of his life. He'll get old but never grow, as we learned in "The secret to my excess". In which we also learned that rarity knew spike had feelings for her and had no trouble using that to have him do tasks she didn't want to do.Sweetie-spike will not be a thing considering we've only seen them together twice. First was that ONE photo from the wedding and second was that time spike dun fuqed up and had to jump on a train to catch angel. Even in that episode spike was kind of a dick to the CMC's so unless you want sweet little sweetie belle be in an abusive relationship with a dragon who fancies her sister and could turn into a monster at ANY TIME... I suggest you support sweetie-mash  :catface:

I don't see Spike getting with either Rarity or Sweetie Bell. 

Rarity only see's Spike as a kid with a crush and he and SB have barely have had any screen time together. I don't think we should look to much in that part from Canterlot Wedding. 

To be honest, I think Spike would be better with Sweetie Belle because Rarity is much too old for him. Anyway, I find Spike and Sweetie Belle together to be absolutely adorable. :squee:

But I ship both Spike/Sweetie Belle and Button Mash/Sweetie Belle. :blush:

With no disrespect to Sparity fans, I think SpikeyBelle is a much more adorable pairing. I feel that one day, Rarity will just have to let Spike down gently, and when that happens, it'd be appropriate for him to seek out somepony more his age...and IMO, Sweetie Belle is best CMC choice. She IS, after all, a marshmallow just like her sister, and Spikey-Wikey has a thing for marshmallow pones. ;)

No, Sweetie Belle is way younger than Spike in terms of age and maturity. It would be too close to pedophilia and would be creepy. 

And Sparity - you know, Spike being a baby dragon and Rarity being an adult mare - is just sooooo much more ethical. Also, Faust has stated Spike to be about an 8-year-old in terms of maturity, which clearly isn't far off from the CMC's maturity level. Where you're getting your logic, I have no earthly clue.

Edited by Thrashy
  • Brohoof 2

And Sparity - you know, Spike being a baby dragon and Rarity being an adult mare - is just sooooo much more ethical. Also, Faust has stated Spike to be about an 8-year-old in terms of maturity, which clearly isn't far off from the CMC's maturity level. Where you're getting your logic, I have no earthly clue.

Seriously. Best case scenario (By their logic) Sparity is pedophilia in the opposite direction.

Animals that live longer also mature more slowly. Think about how a cat is as mature as an adult after one year. If Spike is indeed as old as the mane 6, since dragons live far longer he probably is still only as mentally mature as a tween. Age-wise, SpikeBelle makes a lot more sense; I bet Spike will be at an adult's maturity at about the same time as Sweetie.

• Brohoof 1