Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My pony OC (for now)

Candlewick13

My profile pic is my pony OC. I'm typing on the iPad and may not have much time, but here's the basics:

Her name is Candlewick. She's an apprentice to a candle-maker.

Her blue mane-color's supposed to be lighter, but they didn't have the color I wanted on the iPad. I'll post the drawn version soon. :)

-Candlewick

• Brohoof 2

I'll post some pictures I drew of her today, but I'll post them later.

I was thinking she's be a bookworm type of pony and stay up and read, and I was thinking that to read at night you'd need candles. And that was how I got the idea of her cutie mark being a candle and having something to do with them.

And I've already came up with how she got her cutie mark. She stumbles across a candle making shop one day and meets someone who's an apprentice to this elder pony who makes candles. So she becomes an apprentice to the apprentice of the elder pony and finds out she has a power that has to do with candles.

Edited by Candlewick13

Had to do it in Notability. I would've preferred to do it in another app, but it doesn't let me transfer pictures unless I get the Pro version.

That blows. I really like your style, and if Steve Jobs isn't cooperating from the dead, he should get a talk from Luna.

Edited by LightningStorm
  • Brohoof 1

Acutally, I've decided to get the Pro version of the app I have since I have an iTunes card... :) I'll post my other drawings soon, probably today! :)

Awesome! I can't wait to see it!

And I noticed that one of Candlewick's legs has a black stripe on it. What's that?

• Brohoof 1

I was trying to do a bracket type thing, but in my drawings I've done of her she no longer has it. I don't think she has it on the original, and I've based my traditional drawings on that.

Once I get the Pro version of the app (Tayasui Sketches) I'll work on the same drawings except on the iPad, and probably some new ones too.

Here's some more drawings! I'm going to color the grayscale/black and white ones in and post those later.

Do you like the "original" (lighter blue) or the darker blue (notability) one better?

I may not get the Pro version of Tayasui Sketches, and just do the others on the iPad in Notability.

(Sorry they're all sideways... Maybe you can turn them the right way somehow?)

-Candlewick

post-24651-0-94144800-1392684183_thumb.jpg

post-24651-0-69648800-1392684259_thumb.jpg

post-24651-0-51467300-1392684325_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Pretty! I like the fact that she's a candlemaker's apprentice...not something you see all the time nowadays.

I will say that the body seems kind of long...you should try drawing an oval for the body instead of just drawing it freehand. It helps :D

• Brohoof 1