Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A disease you fear the most

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Simple. What disease do you fear, like you do NOT want to get??

I'm pretty sure a lot of us fear for Cancer, for that one is a challenge and pretty common. Then, there are the people who dont fear at all.

I frankly do fear of some of them nasty and violent diseases, but then I dont sit here any worry 24/7 but THERE IS some diseases I would be so AFRAID to have.

I do fear Cancer, like, an aggressive form of it, but don't a lot of us do? I also fear getting any diseases that are neurological and destroy my brain, like any nasty brain diseases, especially Alzheimer or Dementia, which...I hate to say it...Dementia really runs aggressively in my family heritage, so I have a 50/50 chance of getting it. I also do fear getting heart diseases and getting heart attacks from them...and I also do have a History of heart problems.

Like I mentioned, I do fear of getting any of these, but I try to take care of myself highly. I don't worry about it, but..I would rather not get those....

Diminished Gluteal Syndrome(if that counts), I'd hate not being able to sit down

Realistically, though the stuff that is likely to kill you

Cancer, ebola, AIDS/HIV, etc.

Alzheimer's and ALS are downright terrifying to me. The one of them, you're at risk of losing track of who you and your closest friends are, and the other one, you're basically living through your body shutting down with a very near 100% fatality rate. I don't know if surviving it would be considered lucky, I feel ever so sorry for Mr. Hawking when I see him... Sure he has all that technology to help him, but he can still only communicate a few words per minute.

As for diseases I'm at risk for, Macular Degeneration runs on my mother's side. I'm watching out for it with my Optometrist though, so hopefully I'll be alright.

Edited by Celtore

Well I guess I fear anything that would stop me from having kids some day. I had a tumor when I was 13, the doctors say it's not possible for me to get anything else that could affect that area again but it still scares me. Cause... what if? 

The disease I fear the most is the flesh eating disease. It's... so damn creepy. I have a huge phobia of human disfigurement so it kind of plays on that a lot.

I dunno... I mean, ANY disease would be horrible to have. Even minor ones that can be cured easily would still suck to have.

However, at this point in my life I'm more afraid of parasites than diseases.

Well, I'd say Life, seeing as it is the most deadly disease out there, with its 100% mortality rate.

But other than that, Alzheimers and similar conditions, due to the fact that my mind is important to me, more so than anything else.

Neutrino, on 16 Feb 2014 - 5:44 PM, said:

Artificially modified Pneumonic plague. Red death. Everyone's lungs burning. Mass contagion. Death by choking on your own blood. Nasty s**t there.

Good lord, that sounds brutal. Okay, THIS is the disease I don't want to get.

Good lord, that sounds brutal. Okay, THIS is the disease I don't want to get.

And don't forget that by the time you notice someone else's symptoms, you and everyone you've breathed near have it. Another bad thing about this is that you know that you are ill, but you can't do anything about it. Horrifying.

I could design fictional diseases that are jolly compared to red death. Bio/contagion warfare is worse than nuclear.

• Brohoof 1