Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv has anybody here seen the film spirit stallion of the cimarron?

Twilight Mist

If the film is good and it has a lot of positive reviews, then maybe I'll consider watching it.

It's over a decade old, it came out in 2002 when I was 10. It's awesome and all but it's kind of old news at this point XD.

• Brohoof 1

It's over a decade old, it came out in 2002 when I was 10. It's awesome and all but it's kind of old news at this point XD.

At that time, I watched the Spider-Man movie. I'll give it a try when I get the chance.

• Brohoof 1

I've watched it dozens of times. There's some fantastic songs in it, by Bryan Adams, and a couple of really heartbreaking moments that made me cry. I watched it on youtube; dunno if it's still there, but you could look. In any case, you'll find a lot of clips on there to watch to see if it's the kind of movie you want to see all the way thru. Example in spoilers; one of the aforementioned heartbreaking moments. :(

I watched it once, when I was a kid. I think the material was over my head at the time because I didn't get a lot of the major themes in it. I should probably give it a rewatch sometime since my understanding of the American Manifest Destiny has grown.

My parents got the movie on DVD when I was younger.  I forget when it was the last time I watched it, but the themes in it were easier to understand having gone through a US history class (multiple times) before watching it last.  I do recommend it for anyone is interested in adventure... and horses.

• 7 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I watched this last night. It was pretty great. I liked the characters and the music and I liked that only Spirit had a voiceover. It made them all seem a lot more like wild horses.

One technical detail bothered me though.

Spoiler

He couldn't break or chew through a rope but at the end he just kicked apart a bunch of metal.

Came here to relate that the movie/fandom (it had a pretty substantial little one) is the whole reason I found FiM and its fandom way back when; had been in that one for a few years before FiM came along and a bunch of us migrated to the other, new horse fandom in 2010-2011. Watched it again recently and has lost none of its potency, still on my top ten list; the only thing dated is perhaps some of the 2D/3D blended scenes.

Can't beat the gorgeous traditionally painted backgrounds though; The traditional part is a visual feast and the widescreen version is an absolute must.

• Brohoof 2

It's a good movie, with a decent, somewhat correct setting. I with there was an actual sequel to it though, as what I've seen of the "sequel" is...not one.

Spoiler

I still don't understand why they decided to haul a steam locomotive over a ridge...I mean either way you have to cut through it with the rail road, what are you gaining by going over? Are they going to haul everything over it until they cut through it?

(Aside from story reasons)