S04:E14 - Filli Vanilli  

359 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I liked it, but only because I've found S4 kind of meh apart from the RD episodes and the one with discord, especially cos we had more twilight in that episode.

This episode was decent but I'm biased to saying I like it because it featured fluttershy aka best pony ;)

I liked it, but only because I've found S4 kind of meh apart from the RD episodes and the one with discord, especially cos we had more twilight in that episode.

This episode was decent but I'm biased to saying I like it because it featured fluttershy aka best pony ;)

more twilight = good episode :) lol

... I've found S4 kind of meh ...

Really?  In my opinion, we had at least five outstanding episodes all in a row.  Two of the Season 4 episodes so far would fall into my top five all-time favorites of the entire series.  "Pinkie Pride" is probably my #1 favorite of the series.

Edited by Shawn Parks

For anybody who's wishing Miss Cheerilee could have swooned to Big Macintosh's REAL vocals, check out this video that I made!:

^_^

UPDATE: Now you can view it on my Dailymotion channel!:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1dg6xx_ponytones-find-the-music-in-you-vocal-mash-up_music

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1e2y5u_ponytones-find-the-music-in-you-vocal-mash-up-slightly-updated_animals

^_^

Edited by BlueEyedPegasus
  • Brohoof 2

It was okay. I enjoyed the premise and it seemed believeable. There were many funny moments but I will admit the whole bringing flutterguy back was a let down to me. It feels like the writers are taking the jokes bronies like and reusing them and it is really annoying to me

• Brohoof 1

This episode was so cute! :yay:  I wish I had a chance to watch it earlier. The Ponytones' song was one of the better ones this season, and seeing Fluttershy dance and sing so passionately (even though she was out of sight most of the time) was just so adorable.

• Brohoof 1

One word: Flutterguy!

This episode was fantastic! I enjoyed Big Mac's voice just as much as Flutterguy's. I found it funny when Fluttershy was getting carried away with the singing. Poor Big Mac...

I didn't, however, like Pinkie's rambling. It went waaaaay over the top...

But now there's a shipping war inside me. Cheerimac... or Fluttermac?

Favorite part: Opening

Favorite line: "I'll do it! I'll do anything for the animals!" "Why, you'll even be on stage!" "Oh. Except that."

• Brohoof 1

I just saw this episode, and aside from PInkie Pie's behavior, I really like this episode.

As usual, the show really makes your eyes pop out.

Who knew Big Mac could sing.

I also find this episode really good for children as it showcases "Doo-Wop". Although it's a more classic form of music, I'd say it's a timeless form of music everyone can enjoy and partake in:

People are being so mean to Pinkie in all the comments I've read on here and other sites. :( I thought she was so hilarious! :lol: Also, let's not forget that Fluttershy did the exact same thing to Rainbow Dash in Sonic Rainboom, she's just getting a taste of her own medicine.  ;)

What did Fluttershy do to Rainbow Dash? I forget that episode as it wasn't really a fave....but If I remember, she was just having trouble cheering for Dash. Fluttershy wasn't mean to Dash in Sonic Rainboom, like how Pinkie was to Flutters in Filli Vanilli. 

Pinkie Pie made Fluttershy cry twice, which is really not cool in my books. Even if Fluttershy did something,she did nowhere near the damage to Rainbow Dash that Pinkie Pie did to  Fluttershy.

What did Fluttershy do to Rainbow Dash? I forget that episode as it wasn't really a fave....but If I remember, she was just having trouble cheering for Dash. Fluttershy wasn't mean to Dash in Sonic Rainboom, like how Pinkie was to Flutters in Filli Vanilli. 

She was trying to comfort her but she just made it worse when she said even though she keeps failing no matter how hard she tries like a billion times in a row doesn't mean she won't be able to do it with a whole crowd of people watching. 

Pinkie wasn't being "mean" to Fluttershy, she was trying to be comforting but she's just in her own little world and didn't realize she was making it worse. Have you not realized this about her character yet?

Pinkie Pie made Fluttershy cry twice, which is really not cool in my books. 

Fluttershy is oversensitive and pathetic and will cry at anything. It's not like Pinkie meant it.

Even if Fluttershy did something,she did nowhere near the damage to Rainbow Dash that Pinkie Pie did to  Fluttershy.

Yeah, sure.  >_>

Rainbow_Dash_very_scared_S1E16.png

• Brohoof 1

One word: Flutterguy!

This episode was fantastic! I enjoyed Big Mac's voice just as much as Flutterguy's. I found it funny when Fluttershy was getting carried away with the singing. Poor Big Mac...

I didn't, however, like Pinkie's rambling. It went waaaaay over the top...

But now there's a shipping war inside me. Cheerimac... or Fluttermac?

Favorite part: Opening

Favorite line: "I'll do it! I'll do anything for the animals!" "Why, you'll even be on stage!" "Oh. Except that."

i love that line coz i know how Fluttershy feels  and happy im not the only on who didn't care for Pinkie's rambling

She was trying to comfort her but she just made it worse when she said even though she keeps failing no matter how hard she tries like a billion times in a row doesn't mean she won't be able to do it with a whole crowd of people watching. 

Pinkie wasn't being "mean" to Fluttershy, she was trying to be comforting but she's just in her own little world and didn't realize she was making it worse. Have you not realized this about her character yet?

Pinkie Pie was just being obnoxious. She didn't have the common sense to maybe think "Oh she's scared, so maybe I shouldn't be yelling and describing her stuff in excruciating detail"  And you'd think Pinkie PIe would know better by now.....because we're well into Season 4. You'd think Pinkie Pie would know enough about Fluttershy  that doing what she did would make her cry.

Fluttershy is oversensitive and pathetic and will cry at anything. It's not like Pinkie meant it.

She is quite sensitive about certain things, because it's Fluttershy She tends to take some things too  personally. Pathetic? Far from it. She has stood up to a fucking fire breathing dragon, a Manticore, bears, and even Discord. She can be quite assertive when she needs or wants to be. She's anything but "pathetic"

Yeah, sure.  >_>

It wasn't 100% Fluttershy's fault. Those stallions that called her "Rainbow Crash" were the first ones to start making Rainbow crack. Fluttershy just made it a bit worse... In the beginning where Rainbow Crashes through Twilight's Library, Rarity could sense that Rainbow was nervous. Rainbow still performed though and did the sonic Rainboom and was so excited after she did it.She had no fear afterwards. Where as in Fluttershy's case...she said she'd take baby steps. As in she's still afraid of large crowds,but she'd be willing to do smaller venues.

Same for Fluttershy she still sang,  even though it was just her friends and critter friends. Even if she didn't sing in front of a crowd the size that Rainbow performed for. They both still performed. Besides it's Rainbow Dash, she's got the biggest ego of any pony in the entire show, she can handle that stuff, where as Fluttershy has issues of stage fright, because Fluttershy thinks that they're all judging her. Rainbow doesn't have that problem, Rainbow would bask in the glory of a cheering crowd, that being said, the Mare Do Well episode comes to mind.

• Brohoof 4

Pinkie Pie was just being obnoxious. She didn't have the common sense to maybe think "Oh she's scared, so maybe I shouldn't be yelling and describing her stuff in excruciating detail" And you'd think Pinkie PIe would know better by now.....because we're well into Season 4. You'd think Pinkie Pie would know enough about Fluttershy that doing what she did would make her cry.

Pinkie Pie having common sense at all?! We're watching the same show right? :lol: She's always been in her own little world and is a super random silly awesome pony!!!! :)

She is quite sensitive about certain things, because it's Fluttershy She tends to take some things too personally. Pathetic? Far from it. She has stood up to a fucking fire breathing dragon, a Manticore, bears, and even Discord.

She can be the most pathetic pony of all time in one area and brave in another, can't she? She's only good around animals. :derp: I like Fluttershy, I'm mainly just talking in jest when I call her worst pony but come on, Pinikie did nothing wrong. (At least not intentionally.)

It wasn't 100% Fluttershy's fault. Those stallions that called her "Rainbow Crash" were the first ones to start making Rainbow crack. Fluttershy just made it a bit worse...

No, Fluttershy was the main cause.

In the beginning where Rainbow Crashes through Twilight's Library, Rarity could sense that Rainbow was nervous. Rainbow still performed though and did the sonic Rainboom and was so excited after she did it.She had no fear afterwards. Where as in Fluttershy's case...she said she'd take baby steps. As in she's still afraid of large crowds,but she'd be willing to do smaller venues..

So what? All that means is Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash have different personalities. It has nothing to do with Pinkie in Filli Vannili of Fluttershy in Sonic Rainboom. At all.

Same for Fluttershy she still sang, even though it was just her friends and critter friends. Even if she didn't sing in front of a crowd the size that Rainbow performed for. They both still performed. Besides it's Rainbow Dash, she's got the biggest ego of any pony in the entire show, she can handle that stuff, where as Fluttershy has issues of stage fright, because Fluttershy thinks that they're all judging her. Rainbow doesn't have that problem, Rainbow would bask in the glory of a cheering crowd, that being said, the Mare Do Well episode comes to mind.

What does that have to do with anything? Just because Rainbow can handle it a little better doesn't have anything to do with Pinkie trying to encourage her and failing.

Seriously; Pinkie fucked up in this episode. She wasn't being a good friend, and I get that you want to defend your best pony @Grumpy Enchantress, but you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold. This situation is one that simply cannot be justified with mere words.

NOPE!!! Pinkie was so fucking awesome and just made a tiny little mistake because she didn't realize what she said would be taken in a bad way. She is silliest pony afterall. :)

PINKIE PIE CAN DO NO WRONG AND WAS IN THE RIGHT HERE!!!!!! THIS EPISODE DID NOTHING BUT CONTINUE TO PROVE HOW GREAT SHE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Edited by Grumpy Enchantress

In the beginning where Rainbow Crashes through Twilight's Library, Rarity could sense that Rainbow was nervous. Rainbow still performed though and did the sonic Rainboom and was so excited after she did it.She had no fear afterwards. Where as in Fluttershy's case...she said she'd take baby steps. As in she's still afraid of large crowds,but she'd be willing to do smaller venues.

Just to nitpick at this a bit, keep in mind that Rainbow Dash did her sonic rainboom in the process of saving Rarity's life and those of the Wonderbolts. Fluttershy wasn't in any sort of emergency here, and she's previously made a distinction between emergencies and performances (Hurricane Fluttershy). I don't think comparing Fluttershy's problem with Rainbow's makes much sense given the difference in their circumstances.

• Brohoof 1

Just to nitpick at this a bit, keep in mind that Rainbow Dash did her sonic rainboom in the process of saving Rarity's life and those of the Wonderbolts. Fluttershy wasn't in any sort of emergency here, and she's previously made a distinction between emergencies and performances (Hurricane Fluttershy). I don't think comparing Fluttershy's problem with Rainbow's makes much sense given the difference in their circumstances.

Me neither. I was just saying it because Grumpy was comparing it to the situation with Pinkie in this episode. Which doesn't make any sense really, they're two different episodes.

Pinkie Pie having common sense at all?! We're watching the same show right? :lol: She's always been in her own little world and is a super random silly awesome pony!!!! :)

But she STILL should've clued in to how Fluttershy was reacting to her. That's not being a good friend, sorry.

She can be the most pathetic pony of all time in one area and brave in another, can't she? She's only good around animals. :derp: I like Fluttershy, I'm mainly just talking in jest when I call her worst pony but come on, Pinikie did nothing wrong. (At least not intentionally.)

How the hell is she "pathetic"?? So what if she can't stand in front of a huge crowd. That DOESN'T make her pathetic. That's just her being who she is, a lot of people have stage fright. So what if she takes stuff too personally, that' s just her. She's not the overly obnoxious and annoying pony Pinkie Pie is, or the overly egotistical Rainbow.

So what? All that means is Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash have different personalities. It has nothing to do with Pinkie in Filli Vannili of Fluttershy in Sonic Rainboom. At all.

What does that have to do with anything? Just because Rainbow can handle it a little better doesn't have anything to do with Pinkie trying to encourage her and failing

Then WHY did you even bring up it being "payback" for what Fluttershy did to Rainbow? 

NOPE!!! Pinkie was so fucking awesome and just made a tiny little mistake because she didn't realize what she said would be taken in a bad way. She is silliest pony afterall. :)

PINKIE PIE CAN DO NO WRONG AND WAS IN THE RIGHT HERE!!!!!! THIS EPISODE DID NOTHING BUT CONTINUE TO PROVE HOW GREAT SHE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Pinkie was a horrible friend in this episode she was just obnoxious , annoying and ignorant of how Fluttershy felt.. It made me dislike her so much more, she's my least fave of the mane 6...I wanted to just smack her so hard during this episode.

"mm....eeyup!" the expression on big mac's face just before he says that....i truly wholeheartedly believe that if fluttershy wasn't the element of kindness, it would be big mac instead.

• Brohoof 1

There were a couple of small issues I had with this episode, but nothing that changes my overall opinion on this episode.

It was yet another great episode. In my last post I said Fluttershy was very predictable, but in this case, not as much so.

I could kinda see what was going to happen at the end, until that final plot twist atleast.

Excellent episode!

That intro....is the best one of all intros of the show!!! I love how Fluttershy is scared just because her friends heard her singing "with the most beautiful voice EVER?"

Only flaw: Fluttershy doesn't sing with her voice most of the time. (Flutterguy)

Edited by Blobulle

• 2 weeks later...