359 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this episode. Good songs and a nice homage/reappearance of flutterguy. I also love this episode and even some episode that featured fluttershy in this season because she became a new favorite character of mine this season. From random moments in power ponies to this and other episodes I really enjoyed how she acted and became one of the many favorite characters in mlp. 

• 2 months later...

Just watched this episode for the first time, and I love it.  I love how they brought back the voice change which happened when Fluttershy was first exposed to poison joke - brilliant!

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

When i found out about the turkey call contest and that pinkie took his title away, I was pretty pissed. (Big Mac is best pony) But, I did some thinking, and realize that, presuming Big Mac took second, it's actually a better fit for him. Yes, second place isn't as glorious as first, but that's just it. It isn't as glorious. I think him coming in second fits better with his modest personality.

• 1 month later...

Fluttershy is my favorite pony, so hearing her sing more than usual was fantastic. Previously, we only heard her sing in May the Best Pet Win and at the Gala. I do like it being focused on her being able to enjoy her talent while being able to avoid her fear. Later of course, this fear is addressed. Which is fantastic. Kids need to see fears being addressed in the end and overcoming them.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is probably my most favorite non-Pinkie centric episode.  Also am I the only one old enough to know what the title of the ep is referencing?  I hope not XD  

Anyways, I loved seeing Fluttershy get so excited about the group in this ep.  She was so adorable when she was shaking her little tail and singing along with them.  I think we got to see a different side of Fluttershy when she got so into performing, even if it was just backstage.

While I also didn't like how Pinkie Pie pushed Fluttershy, I can kind of understand why she did it.  I don't think Pinkie always thinks about how her words affect other ponies and doesn't think before she speaks.  I have that problem a lot >_>  As much as I love Pinkie Pie I was kinda hiding and going PINKIE NO when she was being pushy.

Also the song totally gets stuck in my head.  This ep never fails to make me happy if I'm having a crappy day.

I just watched this one again last night, and I had forgotten how good it is.  The beginning with Fluttershy in full-on Disney princess mode was cute/funny, and I loved all of the stuff with the Pony Tones.  I really hope we get to see that group again.  

I enjoyed the episode but I really really wish Fluttershy would've overcome her fear and sung in front of a real crowd by the end. :( It would've been a much more encouraging message to the viewer.

Also, Pinkie could've toned it down a notch, sheesh. Aand hearing the same song over and over again made me not like it anymore.

But yeah, overall liked the episode.

• 2 months later...

Filli Vanilli was a marvelous episode in my opinion.

Sure I always love rarity, but to see big mac sing, and all of them sing in a group? That was fantastic. Of course there were a lot of reprises but the song itself is very catchy and fun to sing. Personally I thought fluttershy did a great part with doing what she always dreamed. That was great to see.

Anyhow, I would watch this episode over and over and hum that tune all day till it kills me ha.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Such a nice episode of Fluttershy.  What can I say, I love her voice.  I can see how she gets all nervous, though.  Each time I perform on the piano in front of a large crowd, I get all weird myself.  The only thing that helps me is to pretend the room is empty and I'm just playing for myself.  It was too bad she had to hid behind a curtain and not sing in her real voice.  She has such a beautiful female voice. Do it for the animals! nice touch Rarity =^.^= 

image from fimfiction.com 

post-36321-0-72656900-1448251108_thumb.gif

• 2 months later...

Does anypony get the feeling that Pinkie Pie was either off her meds, under a troublemaking spell of some sort, or was hidden away somewhere while one of the Pinkie clones from "Too Many Pinkie Pies" had returned and took her place in this episode.

That must not have been the real Pinkie Pie to be that mean spirited.

Plus I have reason to believe that Pinkie Pie deliberately caused Big Mac to lose his voice so she could steal the Turkey Gala championship.

I don't see why Fluttershy don't just use the poison joke to go on tour with PonyTones . Just keep her behind th curtain and call the band:

PonyTones & the Shy-Voice

Get it ... since she is the opposite as FlutterGuy

• 3 months later...

Do you suppose that Pinkie Pie was sent to the "Bad Pinkie Corner" for a week for her mean spirited mischief, as well as forced to forfeit the 1st prize for the Turkey Gala contest for her supposed cheating as soon as the episode was over?

Do you suppose that Pinkie Pie was sent to the "Bad Pinkie Corner" for a week for her mean spirited mischief, as well as forced to forfeit the 1st prize for the Turkey Gala contest for her supposed cheating as soon as the episode was over?

havent watched this one for a long time...but if Pinkie took her "humor" too far. she deserves to be cornered

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this episode a lot.

The song was really great.

I also really liked the moral of Fluttershy taking baby steps forward.

Before Flutter Brutter, this was my favorite Fluttershy episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Same old Fluttershy episode with a slightly different context. Okay, sure, having an episode about stage fright is nice and all, but for a while it felt like every Fluttershy episode was about her fear of something. I'm sure that people with stage fright can uniquely relate to this, but it still feels like yet another excuse to have Fluttershy be afraid of something. At times it feels like there's nothing else to her as a character. This is where season 4 really starts to lose me. 

I don't think Pinkie was intending to be mean, however. I think that writing her this way was a bit of a misstep, as I like to think she's learned to be more sensitive, but I also think the was trying to express sympathy towards Fluttershy even as she went too far. Also, the "don't be ridiculous" joke early on more than justifies the setup. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This Episode had a kinda good song, so i give it an " ok " rating, otherwise i found this Episode to be pointless.

So, the Episode makes it seem, like Fluttershy wants to overcome her fear, by not overcoming her fear at the end, so nothing changed. This is the first Episode i would call a Filler. Unless i called an Episode a Filler years ago, i dont remember anymore. XD