359 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Filli Vanilli - FadedSkies' take

Wow what a great episode we've gotten today! Im not really a fluttershy fan but she was so cute in this episode.

First of all that song was really catchy and fluttershy's voice was amazing, i loved every part of it.

I think this was a really good fluttershy episode and probably one of my favourites from her.

She was so cute singing backstage, and i absolutely think that FLUTTERSHY WAS BORN TO SING!

The lesson in the end "Sometimes being afraid can stop you from doing something that you love. But hiding behind these fears means your only hiding from your true self" is actually a really good lesson because a lot of people are afraid of showing their true talent or doing something they love because they are afraid of what people will think or will think people will laugh at them, everyone should do what they love and not let people bring you down.

I still think Pinkie Pride is the best episode of the season but Filli Vanilli being in the top 6

Rating: 9/10

Edited by FadedSkies

It was a great episode, but the only problem I had was that Pinkie was really out-of-character. I mean, the kind of stuff she was doing was what I'd expect of someone with Asperger's Syndrome, which isn't bad in and of itself, hell, I'm an aspy myself, but that's not her character. She wasn't even noticing that what she was saying was hurting Fluttershy so much that it drove her to tears, MULTIPLE TIMES. I mean, come on Pinkie! You're one of the ponies that stands up for her when she's getting pushed around. Seriously, it's not funny!

Final note concerning the episode (doesn't mean I'll stop spam posting jpeg's and gif's on this thread (considering I decide to make more gif's and jpeg's from this episode) : 

Stage fright is something we all deal with. Some worse than others. But like anyone who has taken a public speaking will tell you: the only way to overcome stage fright is to tackle it head-on. Only way to get over a fear of being on stage is to just get on stage. Everyone gets nervous; even the pros. I used to be terrified of speaking in front of people. But after I started playing in a small band some friends of mine formed, spoke in front of a few churches, took a public speaking class, and gave a 30 minute presentation on fraud scandals, I have absolutely no problem getting up and speaking in front of people now. Do I get nervous? Yes. Does everything I do come out the way I want? Nothing ever has. But after you do it a few times, performing on stage can be a lot of fun. 

I think that's a hidden lesson in this episode. Despite the downsides, performing can be a lot of fun once you learn to make it fun. :) Whether they meant to put that in there or not, it's something I kinda take away from it. 

• Brohoof 1

After watching the episode, my views are very mixed so far.

But I've been feeling very good towards it, for example? The songs were great, fluttershy was a great character in this episode, along with the help of rarity of course, and the overall charm of it was fun!

My negatives are mainly by pinkie pie, as soon as she started telling fluttershy what she will have to do at the beginning of the episode and various as it goes, I got annoyed. Was she trying to be helpful or just be brutally honest in a good way?

My other negative has to be some fan services that got along, like the return of flutterguy, which is cannon to them.

Other than that, it was a fun and great episode!

Overall? 7.5-8/10

Edited by ~Silver Essence~

Applejack: Big Mac, you've got some 'splainin' to do!...Turkey call?

Big McIntosh: Eeyup.

Applejack: Trash your voice?

Applejack: Zecora remedy?

Applejack: Not quick enough?

Big McIntosh: Nnope.

Applejack: Needed a deep voice?

Applejack: Poison joke?

Applejack: Flutterguy?

Applejack: Better now?

Applejack: And that shy filly was livin' her dream in the shadows because she couldn't bring herself to come into the spotlight?

Applejack: Well, for corn's sake! Let's go!  

Perfect  :wub:

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 7

Big Mac singing was fantastic and I could not contain all the squees from seeing Fluttershy dancing and singing in full enjoyment. The cuteness level...

tumblr_lyiwu3nDr21r352goo1_500.png

But Pinkie Pie...man...was waiting for one of the others to totally smack her. Her attitude in this episode reminds me of all the selfish bits we see of her in previous seasons (devouring all the food in sight despite it was to share during the Garden Party or when Mrs Cake kept trying to make pastries for Celestia). Seriously. Terrible Pinkie Pie.

Where's the smile smile smile pony? Instead we get psycho "I WILL GIVE YOU NIGHTMARES" pony

The episode was a great one for me. The main problem I had is Pinkie. Although her as Spider-Man was hilarious, the rest of her dialogue was just her making the situation worse. Even after several nonverbal reprimands she never ceased to aggravate Fluttershy's fears. Oh, Pinkie, what the buck are the writers doing to you, we can help. Also, the one Spike moment we got in this episode is him going gaga for Rarity. I support Sparity and all that, but where's Simple Ways' Spike? It's too early to tell, but the writers may or may not be reverting Spike back to his old ways, forever using his unrequited love for shits and giggles. I honestly hope that's not true. There were many funny moments in this episode as well. The writers are piling on the ship as usual with Cheerilee fainting at Big Mac's singing voice. The Return of Flutterguy, OMG, that was an awesome callback. Along with other stuff in this episode, it had its funny moments. At the end I was a little rustled when Flutters didn't exactly get over her fears, when I felt she honestly should've after the experience she just had. But overall, great episode.

I found the crawling up the wall to be creepy, honeslty. Like some ponified Exorcist or something. Still want to see it as a gif, though. :lol:  But yeah, Pinkie kinda irritated me this episode. I mean, she made Fluttershy cry! Nopony makes Fluttershy cry! :angry:

I had a feeling that there would be a reference to the whole Milli Vanilli situation. Needless to say, I was not disappointed in the slightest. Such a good episode.

Edited by Blackened

the only thing that i found was strange *as many have pointed out already* Fluttershy HAS sang in front of others before even with her friends.... that just kinda struck me as weird

I don't think you can count songs like find a pet, or at the gala, since they probably aren't acknowledged outside of Pinkie Pie and Discord and she's probably fine singing with friends but not as an actual performance. in hearts warming eve for example it wasn't just her it was everybody on stage

My first pause moment was when Big Mac start to sing:

Me-Blinking

Rewinds to the him sing

Listens and pauses...

My words, "Holy shit....."

Yah  that was my fan moment of the day for

me and also Flutterguy back made me laugh

more than having some coffee coming out my

nose,  Being said Shy is my fav of the mane six

in any frame.  I do think one of the weaker

well as any have said was Pinkie if anything

in how she has been acting and all the more

well: Pinkie was a bitch in this ep....

FUCK YES!!

This episode was AWESOME. My new fave of the season!!

One reason why I love Fluttershy so much...her singing voice! It is just so beautiful. And this episode delivered! In more ways than one. There were Flutterguy songs and Fluttershy songs. I was surprised at first hearing Flutterguy sing. Also hearing Big Mac actually sing for the first time was pretty amazing too, was NOT expecting that, at all.

Rarity was a peach this episode too, helping along Fluttershy. Though I kinda hated Pinkie this episode...she made Fluttershy cry...TWICE. But the other 3 were alright. they actually tried to help her and complimented on her singing at the opening.

I also love the continuity in this episode, going back to the Poison Joke. And how they actually acknowledged Fluttershy as "Flutterguy".

Another thing I caught was the "Cute-cenera" I remember DT Singing a line about it in "Pinkie Pride" and then this new character(who's name escapes me at the moment) asks Rarity if they would perform for her "Cute-cenera" What is a Cute Cenera? Is it like a baptism or Barmitzvah?

I can really relate to this episode too. I get stage fright as well. I hate performing anything in front of anyone. Even speeches and presentations in  High School and the like.

OverallI give this episode a 12/10. My fave episode so far.

• Brohoof 2

If you think about it, what Pinkie Pie was saying was in no way saying anything bad towards Fluttershy. She was just stating exactly what was going on and she has been shown in the past to be completely oblivious to her friend's reactions to what she says. Pinkie wasn't out of character if you ask me.

• Brohoof 2

Oh wow, Pinkie made me wince in this one. I've had days where I was so manic that I was horribly insensitive to friends and this episode just brought it all flooding back! *grimace*

Was that a Jackalope I spied at the beginning? have we seen them in FiM before or is this something new?

I found this episode quite enjoyable.

though I thought the editing was a little weird at the last minute, and while I know Pinkie Pie is known for being innocently insensitive at times, I thought her moments of being so with Fluttershy were kinda pushing it.

Barring those flaws, however, there was alot to like, it's creatively written, the songs (well, the one song played several times and the one Fluttershy sang at the start) were enjoyable, and the aesop is a really good one for both kids, and the Brony and Pegasister audience, epsecially since I know some among the latter groups tend to be afraid of being ostracized for liking the show, and this can be a comforting message that you shouldn't worry about what other people think of what makes you your true self.

The Songs got me, This was truly AWESOME! (like every other episode, duh) Flutterguy and return of the Zelda made my day, show is getting awesome everyweek. GJ Hasbro! 10/10 "iz gud" - IGN

Edited by Twilightlicous