S04:E14 - Filli Vanilli  

359 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Whelp, I finally got around to watching this episode.

• And Fluttershy's fear is not fully resolved. It's resolved around her friends, but not everyone else, and that's a great way to finish out an episode. Leave them wanting more.

^^^THIS^^^  THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS!!!

Up until that point, I thought that it was a very good episode.  If she had had a large audience, I honestly wouldn't have noticed, and would still think that this were a fine episode.  However, in this case, it becomes realistic.  She's not going to overcome her fear just because of one little performance.  Because these things actually take longer to heal than a 22 minute episode can manage.

I was also impressed with Fluttershy being terrified of the applause.  The crowd loved her, and it was obvious, and I've certainly seen many cases in media where that would be the moment where the character would overcome their fear.  But for once, it wasn't!  The problem was ultimately dealt with in a very realistic and relatable fashion, and it was great!  Yes, the plot of a character overcoming stage fright has been done many times before, but I can't remember a time where it was handled as well as it was here.

Finally, and obviously most importantly, SO MANY ADORABLE FLUTTERSHY FACES!!!   :wub:  :yay:  And they gave her a bowtie!  It's not quite as superior as Octavia's bowtie, but it was still adorable.

Absolutely my new favorite Fluttershy episode.

• Brohoof 3

Oh Fluttershy... You were amazing in this episode! I'm so happy that you're learning to get past your stage fright with baby steps!  :yay:  I wuv you Fwuttashy  :yay:

And unfortunately, it wasn't Tay Zonday singing as Flutterguy today, but it would have been really cool to see him featured today! 

• Brohoof 1

Oh Fluttershy... You were amazing in this episode! I'm so happy that you're learning to get past your stage fright with baby steps!  :yay:  I wuv you Fwuttashy  :yay:

And unfortunately, it wasn't Tay Zonday singing as Flutterguy today, but it would have been really cool to see him featured today! 

Well he is a brony

Chocolate rain, wait does that means Tay is the embodiment of chaos

• Brohoof 2

Well he is a brony

Chocolate rain, wait does that means Tay is the embodiment of chaos

Ah yes... that video. I knew he was a brony, but like I said, it would have been so awesome to see him featured as Flutterguy. He has the voice!

heh loved the episode, but it was too freakingly real for me it will be a while till i can watch that entire episode again not just the song, but darn can Andrea Libman really sing..if only this aired before PonyCon AU who knows we could have persuaded her to sing the last vocals of the music of the treehouse song..but i think that sort of vocals put a lot of strain on a singers voice.

Oh a Fluttershy episode? I'd better get the pillow and warm milk ready for when I doze off. Joking, joking... I'm willing to raise my Fluttershy approval rating for a decent song though, seeing as she sort of joins a band and everything. 

Well, I certainly got my song I was wanting but personally nothing in the episode really stood out as being great apart from the songs and Pinkie's moments. This was probably her funniest season four episode yet and she really stole it for me. The Spider Crawl, Stealing the Turkey Call title from Big Mac and "No offence, but you kind of sounded like a dude"... I can't even put into words how much I enjoyed that last one. AJ's conversation with Big Mac about what had happened was a highlight also. Entertaining but still no much Fluttershy development. 

You got a song! A very good one at that! :squee:

One with Big Mac! :mellow:  (Eeyup)

It is one of my favorites!

• Brohoof 1

I love the fact they adopted Spike's nickname for PoisonJoke!Fluttershy. One of the best thing about MLP's writing staff is they aren't slouches when it comes to continuity.

I really think Twilight should have magicked a zipper across Pinkie's muzzle, though I am glad that Rarity had the stones to call Pinkie out on being an utter twit. 

Usually when there is an episode focused on Fluttershy <3 I would always consider it among my most fave of the season. Maybe because it was a little more musical oriented, I didn't find it as exciting as some other episodes featuring Fltutershy especially from the previous seasons. However, it was still a very nice episode. I found it funny the whole singing behind the stage and when the curtain fell.

As for the cutness scenes with Fluttershy, they are skyrocketing! Overall I would put it 'loved it' because it is for Fluttershy but it wasn't from the best with her imo.

The ending became dangerously close to what.. uh, what Tumblr activist people would call shy-shaming, or introvert-shaming, or extrovertonormativity,... but then they had that "baby steps" line at the end. This episode didn't actually really much rub me the wrong way.

I feel like one of those Musically Oblivious 8th Graders for not knowing how old Milli Vanilli was. I thought Milli Vanilli is a contemprary crunk rap act like.. uh the guy with the clock, Flavor Flav, or something like Lil' Wayne with the "drank" and "crunk" and "gin and juice" (Yes, I know that is Snoop Dogg, or Lion now) and "Hennessey".

Sorry for the poor video quality and delay. Rendering being a pain anyway I address some of the issues with fluttershy and gush out my praise for this episode not quite sure i'm looking forward to the CMC again their episodes haven't exactly bin brilliant although they share this episode with Twilight so it can't be all bad right

right

I really liked this episode.  It was a great Fluttershy episode and the return of Flutterguy was great but... Pinkie Pie.  Pinkie Pie,  she just bugged me in this episode.  Something has happened to her character. Season 4 Pinkie compared to S1 - S3 Pinkie and even EQG Pinkie does not feel like the same character. Other then my issue with Pinkie, this was a great Fluttershy episode.

Well this episode was meh for me, i'm usually way off when i'm done my first pass of it but...Grrrr, first time i've acutall yelled at the screen for pinkie to shut up!!  I mean I like her but season 4 pinkie is starting to grind my gears.

Plot was...I dont know okay i guess....fluttershy has stage fright, yeah not like she hasn't stated that ever....hearts warming eve, or maybe the time she was a model..nope she never mention stage fright *sarcasm*

Maybe it just i'm not a fan of fluttershy but...meh

How convinent for all the characters to be at fluttershy's hosue at that exact moment it like magic..

Which writter has to die for us to get our pinkie back.

I liked this episode, mainly because Big Mac was singing. I'm just wondering, though, about when Fluttershy was discovered to be singing. It appeared that everypony was more shocked that she was singing than the fact that she had a guy's voice.

This episode for me was just just...ok.....i absolutly loved the episode dont get me wrong, i loved the edition of fluttershy/guy  and BIG MAC HAVING MORE SCREEN TIME *yay* and the fact we see the sincere side of rarity strengthening the friendship between them. but what i couldnt get my head round was the strange characteristics of pinkie pie, her character portrayal was wrong with her causing fluttershy to cry twice, and then just not realising why. i find this strange just after the episode "pinkie pride" where we see her realising with the wonderful rainbow eyes that she is the party pony there to make everyone happy......then become a complete b"%£*^ in this .....just my thoughts :)