Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many bronies are there?

StarSwirlTheBearded

You can try this method to get an idea how many bronies there are:

• Go to the comments section of a popular video which isn’t related to MLP.
  • Sort comments by “Newest first”.
  • Click “Show more” 10 or so times.
  • Press Ctrl+F and type reply. It will tell how many comments are visible.
  • Count pony related avatars such as ponies, cutie marks, etc.
  • brony_percentage=pony_related_avatars/total_comment_count*100.
  • Try this on several videos from different YouTubers to get more precision.
I did it back in early 2013 and it turned out that 2% of YouTube users had pony related avatars. In other words each 50th user had a pony related avatar. I repeated the measurements today and it’s 0.6% or each 170th user has a pony related avatar.

Addition research is required to explain the drop of appearance of pony related avatars. It might be worth doing these measurements each month or so to get an idea how it changes over time.

If you’re interested in my analysis of the fandom dynamics, I suggest checking out analysis and charts.

Most fans are secretly fans and don't use pony avatars. I'm a secret fan too. How would you measure secret fans?

7 billion. everyone is secretly a brony.

The My Little Pony fandom singularity is unstoppable.

*20 years later.

Turns on television to watch The King of Queens.

Sees the characters in the King of Queens episode turned into ponies.

Spits out cereal.

Holy crap! The pony singularity happened already? Everything was normal yesterday. This is the new normal.

• Brohoof 3

I would actually go even higher and say that their are probably at least 20 or 30 million! I mean think about it, their are fans of the show in MANY different countries and cultures. :yay:  

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I remember back in 2012, Equestria Daily tried to make some kinda experiment to count all the bronies in the world. They just used like 5000 people or so for a poll and then just said that there are 4 million out there.

I don't know, something like that. :P

• 6 months later...

Hello Everyone in the formus i'm new brony and i have joined MLP fandom just 11 months ago i like MLP so much No matter wether you are a boy or girl and which are are you in and i think the mlp brony maybe 200000+ 

I remember back in 2012, Equestria Daily tried to make some kinda experiment to count all the bronies in the world. They just used like 5000 people or so for a poll and then just said that there are 4 million out there.

I don't know, something like that. :P

Could we get a link to that? That's a relatively good sample size.

It's worth noting that there are (even at a low estimate) more Brony Americans than Muslim-Americans. We even have brony congressmen and politicans. You are more likely to know a Brony than a Muslim in America; the brony fandom is absolutely massive so you won't really have trouble finding another Brony. Just ask or make MLP references and you will find them :)

Could we get a link to that? That's a relatively good sample size.

There was a rather comprehensive survey done on this site  http://herdcensus.com/, although the latest report on this site is for 2014.  I'm led to believe there was one done for 2015 as well, the report was presented at a convention and if you search youtube for 'state of the herd 2015' you should find it.

Turns on television to watch The King of Queens.

Oh my goodness...

I used to freaking love that show!  Thanks for the reminder, I had almost forgotten about it  :o ...

~ Miles