Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who else paces back and forth?

Judgement

I couldn't find a thread like this so I appologize if there is one.

This is a weird habit that I have adapted. I want to know if I am the only one who paces back and forth. I do it when I think, I do it when I'm bored, and I do it when I eat. I thought I'd start a topic like this because it totally ticks my entire family off. So... Who else paces back and forth?

• Brohoof 12

Yeah I sometimes tend to pace back and forth as well, but not because I'm nervous/anxious or anything of the sort, it's mostly because I just can't stand in one spot for even a short period of time so I start walking back and forth between spots (strange considering I'm rather lazy). :P

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty bad for this, I pace pretty much whenever I hit some kind of mental block (like an assignment or thinking about a topic I'm conflicted on.) It also comes into play when I'm waiting for something, like a large download to finish or the five minute period the college computers take to log me in.

• Brohoof 2

Heck yes! When I'm doing an exam, on situations where I'm nervous, when I want to go to the restroom and I can't. May be I do it on more occasions but haven't really analized it, I've got to check that.

• Brohoof 2

I used to have this problem as well, especially when I would get on the phone with a friend I would go outside and walk around my yard for hours on end and I would also do it when I ate sometimes too. I also used to do this thing where I would not eat around people or I would stand up while I ate so that I would be further away from everyone :/

• Brohoof 1

Yes, very often in fact. Walking is a good way to collect thoughts, relieve stress, and get some exercise but I don't always like to actually go anywhere. Instead, I pace around my backyard because it'd otherwise annoy people in the household. I find that the faster my thoughts race the more I pick up the pace, especially if I'm anxious about something.

• Brohoof 1

No.

I pace in circles, not back and forth. :P

I do that too! At christmas I walked around the christmas tree nonstop while talking on the phone, and now that THAT is gone, I find myself walking and pacing around my island in my kitchen.

I pace when I'm thinking about something. xD Annoys my parents a lot.

This^^ :P

Whenever I'm doing it and my fathers around (My yard is bigger so he likes to hang around my house and do things out of boredom himself :P ) it drives him nuts.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I pace too. I do it when I'm just killing time, or lost in thought while standing up, or just plain anxious. I usually travel in a zig-zaggy  circle. And, I have to say, it really bothers me when other people watch me pace.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, I pace too. I do it when I'm just killing time, or lost in thought while standing up, or just plain anxious. I usually travel in a zig-zaggy circle. And, I have to say, it really bothers me when other people watch me pace.

Same. When my mom or dad stares at me when I pace around objects or back and forth, it just makes me pace more.