Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The MLP Forums Chrome Extension

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Neikos made a nifty Chrome extension for us which adds the inline notifications area to your browser's toolbar.

MLP Forums Chrome Extension.png

With the extension installed, you can check your notifications here at any time, whether you are browsing MLP Forums or not. It polls for new notifications regularly, and a red number will appear on the extension's icon when you have unread ones.

You can install the extension by clicking right here. Enjoy!

Credit goes to Neikos for making this extension. I helped in styling it to make it a bit prettier, but it was his idea and he did all of its programming. Give him a broohoof!

• Brohoof 31

(edited)

Fantastic, it's a good thing we have such talented people willing to put in their time and effort for this forum!

Thank you Neikos!

Edited by NewCalamity
  • Brohoof 1

I hope to have one by the end of the year. ;)

SWEET JEEZUS. I was kind of joking. But this... this is why were the fastest growing pony forum on the face of the planet. I am honored to have you as my admin.

Also, I'm never going to get any work done with that chrome extension. In short, you did a nice job on it.

Objective-C :angryfist:

Once I get an Android perhaps I will do something for that! ^^ ( I have a Bada Phone right now. But I'm sure not a lot of users have one. )

So back to the extension! Thanks for liking it I guess ^^

• Brohoof 2

Objective-C :angryfist:

Once I get an Android perhaps I will do something for that! ^^ ( I have a Bada Phone right now. But I'm sure not a lot of users have one. )

So back to the extension! Thanks for liking it I guess ^^

Haha, well, I don't think it'll be necessary for you to learn Objective-C. IPS hired a dedicated mobile developer last year and have kept him working full-time on a new mobile app solution for IP.Board. It is expected that they're going to reveal what he's been working on sometime near IP.Board 3.3.0's release, and they've hinted that a new white-label app (an official IPS app, but re-branded and published under my name) will be part of it.

Thanks for making this extension for us!

Haha, well, I don't think it'll be necessary for you to learn Objective-C. IPS hired a dedicated mobile developer last year and have kept him working full-time on a new mobile app solution for IP.Board. It is expected that they're going to reveal what he's been working on sometime near IP.Board 3.3.0's release, and they've hinted that a new white-label app (an official IPS app, but re-branded and published under my name) will be part of it.

Phew then!

• Brohoof 1

OH MY GOSH. THAT WOULD BE SO AMAZING I COULD DERP.

I must say this notification instalment is going to be pretty useful. So downloading and useing when i get home. The best. (even though i'm pretty much on the forums if i'm on the computer anyways.)

I say, this extension is pretty useful!

Can I suggest a couple things though? The website notifications give you multiple links, such as:

Username that caused the notification.

(Likes and Quotes) Your post that is related to the notification.

(Posts) The thread that is related to the notification.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the extension can't do that at the time. :( If those three were added, it'll be a huge help!