Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many friends do you have

Best Username Ever

I have some friends and acquaintances. More acquaintances then friends. I would say that in real life, I have about a total of two actual friends. To me a friend is equivalent to best friend. I refer to many of my acquaintances as my friends but truthfully in social standards they are only mere acquaintances with whom I get along with well. Not close with them, do not share an emotional connection with them, etc. I only have two friends in real life and I'm happy to call them my friends. :)

Online is similar to real life for me in the sense that I have plenty of acquaintances I enjoy conversing with but only very few I would consider to be my friends. This includes my girlfriend and probably two other guy friends. 

Overall, I'm not exactly a sociable person but I'm happy to have at least less than a handful of genuine friends who I can always trust and rely on. According to statistics, the friendships of an average person in America seem to be rapidly declining more and more with the older he/she gets. With jobs, responsibilities, and all sorts of turning points in life I agree - it is a sad fact but it is also the truth when you think about the bittersweet reality of it all. My friendships may change over time, but I will definitely do everything in my power to cherish and hold fast to the ones that mean the most to me right now - you know who you are. ;)

Edited by Dsanders
  • Brohoof 2

I have 1 very close friend I've known for a decade and a fairly large collection of people I consider acquaintances. It doesn't necessarily need to be that way, it's just that many people I'm in contact with often disappear for one reason or another and/or the relationship is temporarily forged purely due to circumstance. (Namely, taking the same program.)

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I had to really think about this one. I can be kind of distant, and I don't always share how I feel, even with my friends. So I'd say I have about eight or so people that I can really rely on right now, and, like a lot of other people said, plenty of other peripheral friends. As Dsanders was saying, I think my friendships may change over time, but I don't really think that it's a bad thing. There are people who I've been really close with in the past, but fell out of touch with, or who didn't really seem that important at the time, but whose actions made a lasting impact on who I am. In the end I consider all of them friends too, but maybe that's just me haha.

• Brohoof 1

too many online

a handful of close ones irl

i prefer online people. is that lame? lol

In real life: Eh, I'd say several, but not a whole lot. It's great to have friends to talk with at school and do stuff with, but sometimes I feel like I'm a bit closer to my online friends.

Online: Definitely many more! Most of them are on another site, but I've made a few friends here on the forums as well. :)

Edited by SparklingSwirls

I like to think that anyone who is positive towards me is a friend. I'll try and help pretty much anyone though, even if they've wronged me.

That being said, I have a select group of close friends that I've been nothing but horrible towards recently but I'm trying to patch it all up.

IRL: I eat in the hallway at lunch, by myself; not because I have to, but because fuck people :D I have 4 people I'd call a friend IRL, though :D

On here: Oh so many people! :D I love the people here. I like them more than the friends I have IRL. Which is a whopping 4.

• Brohoof 1

Lets see...

2 friends from ages 1 and 3

2 friends from school that I actively hang with

4 people that I just talk to at school.

Really, I wouldn't want it any differently.

Edited by DolosusDoleus

I have two best friends that I hang out with at least 5 days a week. Another really good friend of mine that has been my friend since our freshman year, now she is the biggest crush I've probably ever had. Three really close friends of mine that went to my middle school, one I still talk to because we go to the same high school, another I don't talk to much but I know how hes doing, and the last one I haven't seen/talked to in a year, probably aren't anytime soon(unfortunately :( ). Then theres this other friend I'm close to, but we don't talk much because hes part of a different crowd, but still the same guy I knew freshman year. I have like two or three more friends I'm quite close to that are older than me, then after all these people theres a bunch of friends I know but aren't really close to. Now for the internet, I suck at making friends on the internet to be honest, I don't know how :/

In real life, I have 1 true friend. He is the best.

I have a few neutral friends who I don't see too often.

On here, I have some good friends ^_^

My dad always told me that it doesn't matter how many friends you have as long as you have at least 1 true friend.

Edited by Samurott77

I've managed to stay very close with my brother after college, something I'm sure doesn't happen in all families. Other than that, I can't really say I'm that close to many other acquaintances, but I'm wondering if a part of that blame is on me for not really reciprocating.