Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many friends do you have

Best Username Ever

Well... In counting I only have one, and two possible friends. It's hard to find friends when you're a brony and you're a anime/Vocaloid fan. My friend is starting to get used to Japanese, but not interested in MLP.

No friends IRL, though I did have one once... we drifted apart...  -_-

My only online friends are forum friends, and depending on how you define it, I either have virtually everypony here as a friend, four pages of friends (last I checked, at least =/) or maybe like 10 or so, possibly a few more :)

There is only one person in real life that I could call my friend, my much older cousin. I literally have not had a single conversation with someone my own age since high school.

Online, that would be a big zero.

Zero :( After staring college I lost touch with all my high school friends. I'm not a talkative person online either but maybe I'll make some online friends here.

IRL? Currently one, which I haven't seen in days (she got a girlfriend(she's bi) and I'm just assuming she forgot about good ol' ExPro)

But that's not usually the case. There's times where I have tons of friends and some where I'm a total loner. This seems to be the latter.

As on here: There's a PM group I made with people I met on a popular thread here so we could talk about whatever, but I don't think I'm close (as in, talk to everyday) to anypony from here.

Online: I have a gaming clan. Sometimes I drop on their teamspeak and play games with them, but again I'm not really that close to anypony there even.

Ugh, so much for extroversion, ay?   :squee:

Zero :( After staring college I lost touch with all my high school friends. I'm not a talkative person online either but maybe I'll make some online friends here.

Ugh, I feel you. Pretty much everyone I knew lost contact with most of their high school friends, including myself. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll make some in college. Just give it time  :yay:
Edited by External Project

I have one friend and his name is Windows 8.1

(though he's a bit flaky) 

I have plenty of friends actually. I don't always like talking to them...

I have quite a lot of friends. For having social anxiety I sure do make new friends rather easily. It's hard to put myself out there, but I'm getting there. The anxiety meds help me a lot.

It's hard to say, I mean I'm obviously closer to some more than others but I still count them all as friends.

I'd say I have more IRL friends than online friends, but I could just not notice if I even have any actual online friends :nom:

I'm very sociable in real life compared to the internet, so I have like 3 real life friends for every one internet friend.

That being said I only really have like 5 friends I consider close, most others I just have fun hanging around with. Though it's not to say I don't enjoy their company I just haven't really opened up to anyone else other than a handful of wonderful people.

• 5 years later...

I have a core group of about six friends in real life. To me, friends and family are interchangeable terms so some family are more like friends and vice-versa. On the forums I have a few very close friends but you could probably count them on one hand (there’s probably good reason for that, I'm dumb).  

3 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I have a core group of about six friends in real life. To me, friends and family are interchangeable terms so some family are more like friends and vice-versa. On the forums I have a few very close friends but you could probably count them on one hand (there’s probably good reason for that, I'm dumb).  

You’re such a special friend, Dreamy. ^^

I have a lot of friends online. A lot of very good friends. In real life I have 2 close friends, one that I talk to sometimes but not so often, and another who moved away and never replies to my messages. So 2 friends in reality, but my friends here more than make up for it.

Edited by Stone Cold Steve Tuna
  • Brohoof 1

That becomes a very interesting question if you consider "have had in your life".

I'm nearly 30 and have lived in more than 10 different places, so I'd say my groupings of people I could call friends is actually surprisingly large.

I'm going to check my diary and do some estimation...

40-50 in person
15-20 online

Of these, I'd say I've had 4 in-person Best Friends and 3 online Best Friends.

I could probably count the people in real life I consider "friends" and more than mere acquaintances on my hands, but online? I'd probably say I have somewhere around 15 maybe.

Edited by Angel_Dust

In real life, only 2. I had more during high school and such but most have moved on.

I was once told that most people will only have about 5 true friends in their lifetime. Seems about right.

• 2 weeks later...