Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reliving A Moment

NeverNeverland

(edited)

As I procrastinate some more, I've just gotten an idea from one of my classes.

This had actually generated from my frustration as to why I'm not enjoying My Little Pony as much as I did when I started watching it in August. And I thought "Gee, I wish I could go back to being a non-brony and discovering MLP again..."

Which leads me to ask this question. What's a moment in your life that you'd like to relive and why?

Mine would (obviously be) the moment I discovered MLP. Because it was something I thought I'd never get into, and when I finally settled in to the episodes, I got very excited for watching these episodes (even if I couldn't handle the cutesy songs).

Another would be the first concert I went to. Because you know. Devy. And one more moment I'd like to relive was being in my first RP online (which, coincidentally, was on this forum). I was shit, but it was fun participating in an interactive story like that.

Edited by NeverNeverland

Being at Busch Gardens during the night last summer. it was sprinkling rain and they were playing "Ticket to Ride" by the Beatles... ahhh the romance♥

Oh man, too many to list. I'll stick to something I experienced when I was younger and couldn't fully grasp the enormity/meaningfulness of the situation like I can now.

Therefore I'll say the 1997 Michigan Wolverines National Championship season from Week 1 vs. Colorado to the 1998 Rose Bowl vs. the Washington State Cougars. At the time I was about 8 so I didn't get as psyched or geeked for Michigan football games as I do now.

Close second is Detroit Red Wings' 1997 and 1998 back to back championships.

I'd like to relieve 3'rd grade. I don't know why but for some reason theres just some things that I would like to change there, like being a complete loner.

My younger childhood days in Singapore. I lived there for 4 years, and moved away when I was 8. Man, those were the best days of my life. No homework stress, lots of friends, very good weather, and a simple and happy lifestyle. What I miss the most from those days is the lack of stress I had to withstand. It was just a purely happy 4 years of my life, and it went by so fast. Too fast. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

I wish I could relive the days of not having a care in the world! The days of not having to pay bills and just having a great time! The world was my oyster and I found so many gems to hold onto!

You could still be young and wish you were younger! Where things tasted 10x better on your young tongues for some reason, toy stores were one million times cooler to go into, and hanging out with friends all day was a dream come true!

Those were the days! Don't get me wrong I still enjoy life to the fullest, but sometimes I wish just for one day that I could live the life of a kid again.

Most of the moments in my life that I've particularly enjoyed haven't really been anything special. Just nights when I see my friends, play a few video games and generally joke around and have a great time. Don't get me wrong, holidays and days out are great but you can't beat just having fun with the people you like best. I guess I'd love to relive any of those nights.

• 11 years later...

I would like to relive my childhood again. Especially when I hit my preteen-teen age Maybe instead of being a troublemaker and angsty at that time but rather enjoy being with my friends, the school activities, and being more optimistic. Just overall enjoying my youth more than I haven’t been. I would like to relive the moment of spending more time with my love ones who has passed through instead of avoiding them because I was afraid of death. Going back the time to appreciate my dad when it was easier because as a kid I didn’t think much.  While I have difficulty with my mom but I can at least tolerate and show appreciation for her. As for my dad is more like I hate to use this amateur word, “daddy issue”.  I kinda wish things were back the way it was with my dad. I would like to relive the moment when I helped my dad at the bakery, his old job. That was the only dad-son quality time I had with him.

If things were easier like back then when things are just simple now. I bet you that  I can probably relive it with what I have right now. 

I don’t think back on my life much anymore. But the moments that pop out the most are family vacations when I was growing up; they defined who I became and account for all the happiest moments of my life. On the other hand, there was the time I almost drowned as a teenager. I was caught in an undertow while swimming on the Oregon coast and almost got sucked out to sea. I relived that moment many times, even in my nightmares.

There are a number of options.

• My final competition performance in high school marching band and the rest of that evening. It completely blew me away, and everyone else lol.
  • Times with my grandparents or with our dogs that have passed.
  • The trip to Colorado last summer (with the exception of that day I got my heart broken and ended up crying in a bathroom stall... :sunny: Everything else was great!).
  • Perhaps the trips to Washington D.C./Baltimore and Southern California, too. However, I remember the D.C. trip being painful because I was on my feet so much of the time, and the California trip, well, we camped on the beach, and sand got everywhere and that was unpleasant. I learned that I wasn't a beach person on that trip, but it was a neat experience nevertheless because California is just so much neater than Oklahoma. The mountains (hills?), the ocean, the super tall skinny palm trees... just such a change of scenery.
  • The brief time where I had my own apartment. I was so nervous about living on my own, but turned out that I liked it quite a bit.

And then there are moments I would relive to change things, but I think this topic is more about fond memories, right?