Sign in to follow this  
Chigens and Kay

I drew a Twilight Sparkle.

(edited)

Yesterdays thread: http://mlpforums.com...-drew-a-rarity/

Anyway, as per request of Electrobolt, I drew Twilight Sparkle.

post-1372-0-17752400-1331180562.jpg

I tried to take a closer up picture...meh.

post-1372-0-71932700-1331181290_thumb.jpgpost-1372-0-40598000-1331181280_thumb.jpg

I absolutely DETEST the coloring on this. I never should have colored her in the first place, I don't have the right colors. Anyway, please point out the flaws, besides her left back leg...

Also, tomorrow I will draw Vinyl Scratch for DJ Clock Work. Hopefully it will be better then this monster...

Edited by Chigens

Nice, actually I don't see much wrong with the back left leg.

Badges

Nice, actually I don't see much wrong with the back left leg.

My atrocious crayon started to break and smudge.

I see, perhaps some pencil colors are in order than? even the cheap kind can truly work wonders.

Badges

I see, perhaps some pencil colors are in order than? even the cheap kind can truly work wonders.

Hold on, I'll take a picture of the art set I'm working with.

post-1372-0-73590100-1331184449.jpg

I got a large assortment of markers, bottom right are the crayons, oil pastels above those, colored pencils above those. I also use some colored pens. For the quantity; I have a distinct lack of variety of colors...

(edited)

Pretty good Chigens, but I gotta say that I think that Twilight's head kind of looks a bit... turtle-like, imho.

Edited by Super Brony Bolt 64

Not bad, not bad. You did have some odd coloring issues, yes, but that's still fairly good, I think. Better than anything I could do, that's for sure.

If there is something I would recommend improving, it's the eye shape. Looks a bit trapezoidal in this picture, for some reason.

I agree with Kyronea. You put a good deal of effort into this, and effectively got the principle design of Twilight down quite well. The coloring, which is a tricky process, could be improved, but I am not so much concerned about that aspect. My suggestion would be to round the eyes a bit more; they should occupy a little more space on the forehead.

Otherwise, well done! I really wish I could muster the confidence to draw ponies, though I am afraid I would fail rather horribly and never try again.

Pretty good Chigens, but I gotta say that I think that Twilight's head kind of looks a bit... turtle-like, imho.

If there is something I would recommend improving, it's the eye shape. Looks a bit trapezoidal in this picture, for some reason.

Duly noted.TY.

Well, you aren't alone! I can't color either!

As for the drawing itself, it is very accurate to how Twilight Sparkle actually looks like! Another good job, Chigens!