Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most-Illogical Arguments You've Ever Heard

Castle Bleck

"If evolution is true, then why don't dogs give birth to cats?"

If you don't believe in evolution, that's fine(I personally disagree with you, though.) However, for some reason, this is a common argument against it. I don't even understand where people come up with this stuff. Evolution happens over time, not in one pregnancy, you dumb chucklefuck.

• Brohoof 3

"If evolution is true, then why don't dogs give birth to cats?"

If you don't believe in evolution, that's fine(I personally disagree with you, though.) However, for some reason, this is a common argument against it. I don't even understand where people come up with this stuff. Evolution happens over time, not in one pregnancy, you dumb chucklefuck.

It also doesn't occur in one animal, it's the result of small random mutations across an entire species and the non-random survival of those mutations through natural selection or artificial selection. I find a lot of people that argue very vocally against it don't understand it in the first place...

But anyway... The most illogical argument I've heard is "because it's how we've always done it." Tradition is practically meant to be broken! It's good as a guideline, but you shouldn't stick to one thing forever just because it works. Change isn't something to be feared, it's something to be embraced. Break away from the monotony and take a chance at doing something differently; there's no harm in it and you may create a new tradition of sorts along the way.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 4

I hear too many dumb/ illogical arguments.

So I'll jut list them.

-Saying Rap isn't music, because people back then said the same thing about rock n' roll B)

-"guns kill" No they don't, murderers do...

-"evolution is real" I don't think it is, I think it's completely ridiculous *i won't argue over the Internet about this so if you don't agree with me just ignore*

-apparently everyone who plays Call of Duty is a Faggot

^^^and apparently the same thing for MLP FiM

Edited by Pelate
  • Brohoof 2

"(Insert music genre) is the best genre ever. I should know, it's the only genre I listen to."

This, arguing what "real music" is, and generalizing a whole genre based on a small minority of mainstream artists are probably the "arguments" that give me the most headaches.

Edited by AyoMistadurrk

I thought of another one:

"Asexuality is impossible because humans can't go through asexual reproduction."

Maybe you should go look up the definition of something before you claim that it isn't possible.

"Asexuality (or nonsexuality) is the lack of sexual attraction to anyone or low or absent interest in sexual activity."

Seriously, it's the first link that comes up when you search "asexuality" on Google.

Edited by NebulousBrony
  • Brohoof 2

Eh, yeah, evolution... it's honestly something that kinda bothers me when people don't believe in it, but I'm not gonna try to persuade. It's just that kinda topic.

But that's not really what gets me. It's indeed the comebacks people have when it's brought up and "upsets" them...

"But-but we look nothing like monkeys!"

"Animals have no souls therefore, they are not what we are." - really hate can't stand this one

Yeah, okay, great. How is this logical and not personal again? :/

• Brohoof 1

On 2/19/2014 at 7:48 PM, IncognitoKiwoy said:
"Animals have no souls therefore, they are not what we are." - really hate can't stand this one

I'm a Creationist, and even I can't stand that one.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 4

The argument that homosexuality is against Christianity because "it's in the Bible".

The biblical line they use, which is something along the lines of "Man shall not lie with man as man lies with woman", is misinterpreted due to foggy translation. A more accurate(and modern) translation would be "A man shall not treat another man as an object in bed", because at the time it was written, women were seen as mere reproductive machines. Furthermore, the Bible itself was written by men of a higher class who were likely respected in their time, rather than by the God that Chrstians believe in.

The Bible is also very specific on farmers selling their daughters as sex slaves, yet nobody brings this up.

• Brohoof 4

That 60FPS isn't necessary because the human eye can't see past 30FPS.

This video explains why that's bullshit.

This is a great video and it's something that's come up once in a while for me.  One of my 3D animation teachers fed us that nonsense and it immediately struck me as questionable since I had been looking at a lot of biology in my free time and had a decent grasp on how our eyes work.  I sort of wish I spoke up, but oh well.

Though the one thing I would say that's sort of against this video (not really but you'll see what I mean):  In animation, traditional frame-by-frame in particular, adding more frames won't inherently make your animation better.  If your animation principles, sense of timing and weight, squash-and-stretch, etc. are bad at 12FPS, they'll still be bad at 60FPS.

When I told my brother (an avid fighting-game player) that most traditional animation on TV is done 'on 2s' (i.e. 24 frames-per-second, drawings held for 2 frames, effectively making the animation 12 frames-per-second) he responded with, "That's so bad.".  That's just a mentality I don't want people to get into their heads too firmly.  12 drawings per second is effectively the bare minimum for a good representation of the animation principles and most of the time more than that is unmanageable for time and budget, as well as too much to ask of the animators themselves.  Of course traditional animation is extremely rare now anyway and the nature of computer animation and Flash animation do allow for higher framerates without a staggering increase in workload.

Anyway, when it comes to PC gaming though, or modern gaming in general really, yes, absolutely, crank up the framerate as much as you can.

Edited by ErBoi

1. That there is a best pony.

No there isn't. It's all based on opinion. Unless stated my Chuck Noris, there is no real best pony.

2. That cloppers are pedophiles and freaks.

Someone has a fetish for MLP characters. Get over it. You act like you've never heard of anything out of the norm before.

3. That all Pit Bulls are aggressive and out for blood.

It's the owner's fault the dog is misbehaving. Not the dogs'.

• Brohoof 5

Pretty much any conservative position on homosexuality, LGBT rights, and the separation of church and state.

Oh, and that a guy acting feminine is gay, or that a girl acting masculine is lesbian. And the very false notion that gender expression and identity are... well, your sexuality. That is complete and total nonsense. They're completely different concepts.

• Brohoof 3

I can't even decide upon which of the many arguments (presented as "facts," mind you) I hear on a daily basis from my parents.

Here is an example of the ones that piss me off the most.

one minute:  You are 20 years old.  You are an adult; you should be out living your life instead of here babysitting and housekeeping for me.  

another minute:  You need to get a job so that you can help me pay the bills.

yet another minute:  I know that taxidermy is your dream career and that you need to go to the shop regularly so that you can learn and practice, but you can't go {today/tomorrow/this week} because I need you here to help watch the kids and clean the house.

one minute: I can't spare the gas money to drive you there.

another minute: No, you can't drive yourself because we can't afford car insurance for you.

yet another minute: I don't  care if it's your dream job; you have to do a shitty job you hate first so that you can get the money to proceed with your dream job.

That everyone is from africa. That theory would be implying that Africa was the only country in the world at the time.

Africa's actually a continent, not a country; but the reason people say we're all from Africa is (well, actually two different reasons, depending on whether you believe in evolution or creation) is that...

1. the  Garden of Eden, where Adam and Eve lived, was located near the two rivers that we now know as the Tigris and Euphrates, which is in the Middle East (part of Africa).

2. humans share a common ancestor with apes, which evolved in Africa, so it would be logical to assume that the two species started off living close together, and then humans spread out from that point.

• Brohoof 1

That the creepy stuff in the depths of our fandom is somehow worse that the shit Pokefans do just be because MLP is for little girls and "ruining" a show for girls is somehow worse than doing the same for a show targeted at boys. 

...that's a little debatable.

Pedophile means attraction to children

and "normal" is a relative term. 

Granted, I find it off-putting but I wouldn't go as far as freak. Especially when I know Necrophilia is a thing. 

• Brohoof 2

That the creepy stuff in the depths of our fandom is somehow worse that the shit Pokefans do just be because MLP is for little girls and "ruining" a show for girls is somehow worse than doing the same for a show targeted at boys.

Any form it takes in any show or whatever...it's just creepy.

• Brohoof 1

"YOU WILL BURN IN HELL IF YOU DONT FOLLOW THE BIBLE, AND ATTEND CHURCH!!..

"But god and Jesus still loves all his creations!."

Cracks me up everytime XD

It's like, cmon god... Make up your mind.

Edited by ChampionOfHell
  • Brohoof 6