Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most-Illogical Arguments You've Ever Heard

Castle Bleck

So if a priest makes an argument about why murder is wrong... you still think it's illogical?

Their argument doesn't have to be wrong to be illogical. If you concluded that murder is wrong because your imaginary friend told you it is, you are right that murder is wrong, but it doesn't mean your argument is logical.

Do I now? Where's the argument to say I have problems? :umad: Besides, getting mad is unhealthy.

I'm not mad, I'm actually laughing, thank you for brightening my day.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

Their argument doesn't have to be wrong to be illogical. If you concluded that murder is wrong because your imaginary friend told you it is, you are right that murder is wrong, but it doesn't mean your argument is logical.

The logic behind the argument "murder is wrong" far surpasses the "because God said so" reason.

According to most religions, murder is wrong because humans have no right to destroy that which they did not create, especially if there is no useful reason for doing so.

Killing in self-defense is excused by most religions as well.  That seems perfectly logical to me.

Here's another one: When one believes they need a reason to think the way they do and so try to fill in a gap of reasoning that doesn't really exist and they end up grasping for straws and making a pretty shaky opinion.

You can like or hate something for no other reason other than you just do. It's okay not to be able to put it into words. It sounds really dumb when you try to add words to something that didn't previously have any.

NOTE: There is a difference between thinking the way you do and trying to force others to think the way you do.

• Brohoof 1

The argument that gun control actually reduces crime!

Because guns are the only way to commit crimes, right? :D

I can assure you there'd be a whole lot less crime if everyone had a gun in their home or on their person. I dare you to mess with a guy carrying a firearm in his pocket. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Because guns are the only way to commit crimes, right? :D

I can assure you there'd be a whole lot less crime if everyone had a gun in their home or on their person. I dare you to mess with a guy carrying a firearm in his pocket. :lol:

I was saying that gun control was bad! Lol, maybe a misread?

• Brohoof 1

I was saying that gun control was bad! Lol, maybe a misread?

No I read it right. My attempt at sarcastic humor, wasn't directed at you. Guess it came out wrong. :lol:

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 2

Any form it takes in any show or whatever...it's just creepy.

Cloppers and Pedophiles are completely different.

Cloppers get off on Pony characters. I have yet to hear a case where a clopper took his fetish to the level of children.

Pedophiles get off on children and go as far as to molest them.

I just don't see a clopper taking it SO far as it actually rape someone.

Religion. C means Christian M is me:

M:I believe there is no life after death.

C:There are more things than we know about in this Earth.

M:When you're dead that's it.

C:You have to have faith.

M:*Leaves room* questions why society hasn't progressed yet.

My Uncle... Global Warming isn't a thing. And if it is, humans didn't cause it.

Way to cover all your bases there.

Lol. Dude needs to pick a side and stick with it.

@AppleGearRising,

Presumably, yeah.

Yes, I actually know one on here.

Bronydom=Homosexuality.

That's flat-out outrageous. (To be fair, the brony fandom has a higher ratio of gays than the population itself.) But watching a show has nothing to do with sexuality, or even gender (psychological.)

Storyline makes a video GAME.

Nope. Use logic. USE LOGIC. The gameplay is the core element. (No wonder he liked the overrated shit called Final Fantasy 7..., and he doesn't like TF2...)

Homosexuality is against "god's" will.

I don't even have to explain why this is utterly one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. It just makes no sense.

• Brohoof 1

I have a good couple from my parents.

"See, look outside! It's snowing. Global Warming isn't real, otherwise it wouldn't be snowing".

"Homosexuality is wrong, men's butts cannot lubricate, so it's not physically right, also it's impossible for gay couples to actually love each other, they are just using it for sexual satisfaction".

• Brohoof 4

"Homosexuality is wrong, men's butts cannot lubricate, so it's not physically right, also it's impossible for gay couples to actually love each other, they are just using it for sexual satisfaction".

Wow... That is just called uninformed. I can't even begin with what's wrong with that argument... LOL XD

That reminds me...

"Sodium is just bad for you."

It actually is necessary for life, but there is ALWAYS too much of a good thing. Like water. In fact, sodium is really in a way an "anti-hydrant". It just counteracts water, so the body doesn't get overhydrated.

• Brohoof 1