Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most-Illogical Arguments You've Ever Heard

Castle Bleck

Almost anything that passengers say :-P

Weather is below minimas for our destination so we divert.

Passenger disembarking "Why did we divert? These things [aircraft] have Autoland"

...well, sure, this aircraft *can* have Autoland fitted, but doesn't ...I need to be trained to use Autoland ...and the airport needs to offer it as a facility. So if you want a pilot who isn't trained to use Autoland attempt to land an aircraft that doesn't have Autoland fitted into an airport that doesn't offer it, sure, why not, its only everyones life :yeahno:

Compressor blades in the front of the engine (the ones you see) are loose when the engines are off. Sometimes with the wind in the wrong direction the engine will windmill whilst on the ground. As the blades are loose (they become rigid once spinning) they clank.

Engine is windmilling and clanking whist passengers are getting on. Passenger "I'm an expert in gas turbines and those engines shouldn't be making that noise"

If I, as the Captain, was unhappy with the (normal) noise that the engines are making, would I be on the aircraft? and/or would there be an engineer investigating the noise? :yeahno:

Hey, they pay my wages :)

(Hmm, maybe these arent really "arguements")

"School shootings are an epidemic in the United States"

No, they aren't. In fact, we've only had one major school shooting every 2 years for the last 20. Before that, though, we had a major one at least twice a year. Especially in the early 90's.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...