Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Worst kids show, in your humble opinion?

yayayayayala

Im going to see Teen Titans Go becuase of just one episode "Return of Slade". Not only did send a bad message to kids saying cartoons are just for them and if you're parents watch cartoons there f-ing. It also back stabbed older fans thinking that Slade was coming back to the show, but nope.

More info here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UcPQUBFLw4

Edited by COBLoneWolf
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

There are a good few that I really, really don't like. It's probably between these three though:

Breadwinners- I can't even. It's so disgusting, disgraceful, and annoying all at the same time.

Teen Titans Go!- The show is an offensively insulting cringefest.

Johnny Test- I kind of liked it when I was 8. Now I'm left wondering why I liked it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Thomas the Tank Engine - I would rather watch paint dry.

The Smurfs - Smurfy smurf smurf smurf. Smurf. :unamused:

Mystery, Inc. - What a disappointment! I waited years for a more serious version of Scooby-Doo; this is what they come up with? Those maniacs! They f'd it up! Damn 'em! Damn 'em all to hell!

Spoiler

...smurf.

Edited by Kings&Hooves14

(edited)
On 5/12/2017 at 9:23 AM, Kings&Hooves14 said:

The Smurfs - Smurfy smurf smurf smurf. Smurf. :unamused:

Thats kinda not fair to just name that if we're talking about Hanna-Barbara.

90% of Hanna-Barbara was basically complete shit. Dont you remember the childhood classics of

Top Cat

top-cat-html-2x2-4a83f0d4.jpg

Grape Ape

grape-ape2.jpg

The Godzilla series

G_FirebirdZooky.png

Marvel's The thing

51445.jpg?v=1

The...Gary Coleman show where he's an angel going to earth doing good deeds...?

the-gary-coleman-show.jpg

The countless Scooby knock offs

https://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/our-favorite-scooby-doo-knockoffs-1641633/

And...whoever the fuck these are

Cb_bears.jpgHero-Envy-The-Super-Globetrotters.jpg0f7ccf4ab5c89baa4a2719e9c238d766.jpg

ff5db843f9ba135519f36073c55a1249.jpg7de02a0772e4c0251a33c244bfcfb971.jpg

2rXZw-1487803925-230-quiz_question_image

Oh and did I mention the waking nightmare that is the Banana Splits band

bananasplits12.jpg

Edited by SONICchaos
  • Brohoof 1

On 5/13/2017 at 6:17 PM, SONICchaos said:

bananasplits12.jpg

So ^that's^ where Scott Cawthon got his character-design ideas from!

On 5/13/2017 at 5:17 PM, SONICchaos said:

Thanks kinda not fair to just name that if we're talking about Hanna-Barbara.

90% of Hanna-Barbara was basically complete shit. Dont you remember the childhood classics of

Top Cat

top-cat-html-2x2-4a83f0d4.jpg

Grape Ape

grape-ape2.jpg

The Godzilla series

G_FirebirdZooky.png

Marvel's The thing

51445.jpg?v=1

The...Gary Coleman show where he's an angel going to earth doing good deeds...?

the-gary-coleman-show.jpg

The countless Scooby knock offs

https://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/our-favorite-scooby-doo-knockoffs-1641633/

And...whoever the fuck these are

Cb_bears.jpgHero-Envy-The-Super-Globetrotters.jpg0f7ccf4ab5c89baa4a2719e9c238d766.jpg

ff5db843f9ba135519f36073c55a1249.jpg7de02a0772e4c0251a33c244bfcfb971.jpg

2rXZw-1487803925-230-quiz_question_image

bananasplits12.jpg

.....no wonder the war on drugs happened next decade.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Besides MLP the only kid's show I like that's on is The Lion Guard. I'm going to have to agree that Littlest Pet Shop is horrible. I grew up with the original toys and I hate the reboot they've done where they have these weird oversized heads! Eek! My pre-K kids like Paw Patrol and it seems pretty decent. I actually miss Blue's Clues (first one with Steve).

I don't watch Cartoon Network or Disney anymore, but when my niece was really little she loved Dora the Explorer and I hated it! I still find it annoying. The stupid map is in your backpack, duh! Teen Titans Go makes me need eye bleach. I loved Teen Titans (Starfire and Raven) and wish they would have kept the original Teen TItans. How cool was it the theme song switched between English and Japanese (squee, fangirl anime squeal).

Teletubbies is so horrifying! I can't believe this passed as a kid's show. The sun is a babies face, it's just makes me cringe. Special Agent Oso I mean really? The special agent has no clue how to tie a shoe and you're supposed to help a little kid do it? Yo Gabba Gabba it's just nightmare fuel and Doodlebops, more nightmare fuel.

I forgot to mention the reboot of The Care Bears. Why!!? The 80s version was fine why make them have huge swollen heads?

Maybe it's values dissonance, but looking back, I think most, if not all of Hanna-Barbera shows are cringeworthy. They where products of their time, but they didn't pass it's test. Too campy, and the characters are too obnoxious by our standards. Another is Dora the Explorer, which makes you realize you can't blame most people for having the classic MLP stigma. I had that stigma with Spongebob at first, but gladly it has proven itself until after the first movie 

• My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
  • Lazytown (With exception to Robbie Rotten of course)
  • Teletubbies
  • Peppa Pig

On 5/13/2017 at 6:17 PM, SONICchaos said:

That 'show' was great.

Oh wait, I've remembered one: Mega Babies. Seriously, the promos where already repellent to me, even back then :dash: . Not sure if showing something as disgusting is allowed here though :unsure:

Oh, and I forgot, forgot... blocked out, same difference.  Inspector Gadget.  It leads to violence, trust me, I'm a victim.  I was four and I was at my babysitter's house with her two kids.  It was a lovely afternoon, her son suggested to play Inspector Gadget. He was Gadget, I was Penny, and his little sister was Brain, the dog. The boy went over to a pile of bricks and shouted,"Go! Go! Gadget brick!" and proceeded to throw a brick into the air as high as he could.  The brick, an innocent victim of gravity, did what all victims of gravity do, fell fast and hard, right on my head. I screamed, and bled profusely. I had to get stitches, so I was more emotionally traumatized. The moral: Inspector Gadget leads to violence through sheer stupidity.

On 6/18/2017 at 4:22 PM, Contrast said:

Angela Anaconda, if nothing else for the animation alone.

Of all KaBlam shorts to get its own show...

• 4 weeks later...

I honestly don't think I could really add much more to this. Everything I would've picked has pretty much already been said.

I remember when boobah came out, though. What the hell kind of acid where those people on?

• Brohoof 1

The worst show I watched as a kid was definitely Teletubbies. I will never understand what I liked about it (I watched it when I was six). I did hate the parts where they show the real kids playing (and then repeat the whole thing) even back then.

As for the worst one I have come across as an adult, I nominate Pim & Pam. Most preschool shows at least have some educational value to their target audience, but that show is just a few minutes of animated kids talking gibberish. Children deserve better than that!

• Brohoof 1

So this is probaly overused, but Johhny Test. That show is such a piece of shit. I think the writers thought they were being clever but it's just f**king stupid. Then that Mickey Mouse ClubHouse Disney jr show. Which I know it'$ for toddlers but it's annoying as f**k.

• Brohoof 1