Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Worst kids show, in your humble opinion?

yayayayayala

14 hours ago, Tilgoreth said:

So this is probaly overused, but Johhny Test. That show is such a piece of shit. I think the writers thought they were being clever but it's just f**king stupid.

You are now hearing the whip cracks manually...

Spoiler

• Brohoof 2

Let's see...

• Teen Titans Go!
  • The new Powerpuff girls
  • The new Ben 10 (I don't even know why they felt the need to remake this show. The original was so good and it wasn't even that old!)
  • Chowder
  • Amazing World of Gumball
  • Flapjack

I'm sure there's more but  I can't think of them right now.

I'm probably gonna get a lot of negative feedback, but I'm not really a big fan of Steven Universe. I mean, I can understand why some people like/love it, but I just can't get into it.

1 minute ago, Pikachu said:

I'm probably gonna get a lot of negative feedback, but I'm not really a big fan of Steven Universe. I mean, I can understand why some people like/love it, but I just can't get into it.

Everyone has their opinions. I personally like Steve Universe, possibly because bits of it remind me of Doctor Who, which is a show I love. I'm sure some people will disagree with the shows i put down in my post.

3 minutes ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Everyone has their opinions. I personally like Steve Universe, possibly because bits of it remind me of Doctor Who, which is a show I love. I'm sure some people will disagree with the shows i put down in my post.

I think its the fact that it just reminds me too much of MLP, and the bright colors is kind of a strain on my eyes.

1 hour ago, Pikachu said:

I think its the fact that it just reminds me too much of MLP, and the bright colors is kind of a strain on my eyes.

I can understand that. The colors never bugged me personally. I do like some of the themes they present sometimes, though some of the episodes can be flops. Every show has episodes like that I think.

11 hours ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

• Teen Titans Go!
  • Amazing World of Gumball

I may be the only one on this site or hell on the planet but...I like Teen Titans Go and Gumball. I mean im not saying they're great shows that TTG respects in anyway its previous audience but, I hear so much trash talking on them and not sure if alot of them are just following mob rule. While I really like the original TT back in 2003 and do consider it a far superior show I can still appreciate TTG for what its trying to do and be. I mean it could be like other spinoffs that try to copy the same formula from the past but then fail miserably at capturing that lightning in a bottle again. I can still like TTG as a ridiculously stupid show aimed at a younger audience. I mean id consider it just the modern version of this

Spoiler

As for gumball I still like alot of the humorous reactions of characters not to mention the amazing blend of vastly different art and animation styles on all the different characters and backgrounds. If anything i'd think it put it up as my favorite comedy cartoon of the 2010's.

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, SONICchaos said:

I may be the only one on this site or hell on the planet but...I like Teen Titans Go and Gumball.

I love Gumball and I know there are others that do as well. I don't personally like TTG, but it does well with kids and I occasionally come across an older viewer that likes it (such as yourself). So you're not the only one that likes either show.

It's nice when people can discuss their opinions civilly and without feeling like they're about to be jumped by a pack of feral wolves. I like discussion topics like this.

Speaking of other kids shows, anyone remember some of the shows from the '90s and early 2000s? Shows like Ren and Stimpy, Dexter's Laboratory, Ahh! Real Monsters, etc.? I was never a big Ren and Stimpy fan.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Johnny Test, and "the problem solverz" 

But that's not my humble opinion that's actually a scientific fact

Edited by Olly

• 4 months later...
On 3/9/2019 at 8:59 AM, Cpl_Dixon said:

Pretty much any cartoon produced after 2007.

Wait a minute, wouldn't that include Friendship is Magic by that logic?

Anyway, I would say Johnny Test wouldn't have been so bad if they had not make the main characters shallow and obnoxious all the time. One-shot obnoxious characters that grow (somewhat) out of their obnoxious attitude are so much better than JT characters.

For example I consider Fluttershy's brother Zephyr Breeze an obnoxious character that grows through relatability and actual growth a good example of that. He is done soooooo much better than Johnny Test and he only had to do it in one episode. So if you can't stand someone like Zephyr Breeze, you can easily just skip his episode. But when your main character is like that all the time, you'll lose your audience's interest.

• Brohoof 1

Fred the Show on Nickelodeon. His voice alone ranks it to the top of Worst List as seen on Phantom Stryder and Watch Mojo's lists of Worst Nickelodeon shows.

Well, what I qualify as a "kids' show" is probably different from what most people qualify as a "kids' show". For me, a kids' show is a show that's targeted to kids that are still in pre-school. As for what I think is the worst kids' show? Eh, I don't really know, considering I don't watch many kids' shows. (Obviously, considering I'm 22.) I'd say... probably... Barney? I dunno. Just off the top of my head. :P

• Brohoof 1

Oh, sweet summer children. You have no idea. :)

Try these on for size:

Jabberjaw, a cartoon about a shark who is also a drummer in a band that solves mysteries on the side (one of the many Scooby-Do knock-offs from the 70's)

Captain Caveman, a cartoon about a caveman with superpowers that joins a knock-off Charlie's Angels group.

Lidsville, a live-action show about a kid trapped in an alternative universe where everyone else is a hat. Yes, you read that right.

Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp, a live-action show with an all-chimpanzee cast... 

And those are the ones just off the top of my head from my childhood.

5 hours ago, Aurora Wolf said:

I think Teen Titans Go! is the worst show in recent years.

It's surprising Cartoon Network continues to air it as if it's extremely popular when it's obviously not. It just goes to show that Cartoon Network is clearly uncaring to their veteran fans, and it also goes to show how disconnected they've become to their own viewers. And they certainly refuse to bring older, popular shows back to life as well.

7 minutes ago, Jon the VGNerd said:

It's surprising Cartoon Network continues to air it as if it's extremely popular when it's obviously not.

Eh, I like it. All my roommates like it. If it wasn't popular, they wouldn't keep cranking out an episode a week.

{it's a very aggressive schedule}