Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Worst kids show, in your humble opinion?

yayayayayala

Just now, Quinch said:

Eh, I like it. All my roommates like it. If it wasn't popular, they wouldn't keep cranking out an episode a week.

{it's a very aggressive schedule}

I guess. Even then, Cartoon Network has disconnected themselves from their own veteran viewers. For them, it'll all about the money while throwing quality shows out the window.

Many people in the past basically wanted to crucify me over this opinion, but here we go anyways:

The original Pokemon anime. It sucks, so hard. Now I did like this show when I was young, mainly because I loved seeing the Pokemon from a game I love in the show. However, when I watch it now, I cannot help but laugh at how unbelievably stupid it is. There isn't enough nostalgia in the world that can make this show good. The voice acting is often fairly bleh, the plots are TERRIBLE, many characters are awful with Ash being downright insufferable, and it clearly thinks its viewers are total idiots. Like the episode where Charmander is introduced. The Pokedex gives us basically one piece of information and that is "if the flame on its tail goes out, it dies." so of course the show has to hammer that into our skull for the next 20 minutes just incase we didn't hear it the first time. It also constantly spouts out stuff from the games but then constantly breaks its own established rules, while also creating new rules of its own that is also doesn't follow. Apparently any Pokemon weak to 'water attacks' is just straight up hurt by water entirely? Like kryptonite? Why? Let's also not forget Jesse and James who have a 2 minute introduction every damn episode only to be thwarted by their own stupidity. Every single time. This is one of those shows that I honestly think can make kids dumber by watching it. This show is basically the epitome of the trope 'Yeah! Come on guys, we can do it!' and everything is fine in the end because of that.

I like the Pokemon games, namely the original ones up to the GBA, but that is because they keep things fairly simple and keep story to a minimum, because when you try to put a story into Pokemon, the garbage above is usually the result, which is one of the reasons the newer games have sorta lost me, because the stories are just so, friggin, stupid. You know what is probably the worst part of this whole thing though? The sheer amount of people that think I am some horrible monster for having this view. They seem to think that just because they have boatloads of nostalgia for the show and they loved it as a kid, that it is apparently 100% immune from criticism and nobody should EVER dare to speak ill of it, when I am pretty sure if they watched it again now, they would also see just how dumb it actually is. I don't mind people still enjoying it, I simply hate almost everything about that show now.

• Brohoof 1

I used to love the Pokemon anime as a kid. It's probably still fine for kids. But I watch it now, and the only good parts are the times when the "main character" isn't present. They focused on the wrong character because he's so friggin' one dimensional. No real character, just boring. Lineless background ponies in FIM have more character for the love of Celestia! Maybe I'm too harsh. Who knows? I don't watch TV anymore so I don't usually see garbage.

• Brohoof 1

I try to avoid really terrible shows, but from what I've seen, Pickle and Peanut is by far the worst. Nothing that I saw even made me come close to smiling which I can't say about anything else I've watched.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...