Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is an OC, and how do I get one?

PrincessKaydense
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

So first I believe you have to become a muffin (5 posts) than go to the oc database and press add/create oc

And they are used for rollplays I my self have a personal oc that changes apon the roll play it is in right now it's in use in the corrupted equestria roll play when you become a muffin you should check it out.

• Brohoof 3

PrincessKaydense, I moved this topic to Site Questions & Tech Support. This is the place you'll want to post any concerns or questions regarding MLP Forums.

I hope this helps! :)

• Brohoof 1

An OC is an original character, which you can make yourself. Basically, the idea is that you think up your own original character based on the characters of a currently existing work (ie: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic), and write a story for it. You can draw it, or ask someone else to draw it for you.

On MLP Forums, OCs are used in Roleplays. A Roleplay is basically a fanfiction created by everyone involved post by post. They act out the characters. You can post an OC here.

If you have any further questions about this, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

• Brohoof 2

It helps to have a really good imagination as well, and think about what hasn't been done, or at least hasn't been done much. Don't be afraid to brainstorm either, OCs take time.

• Brohoof 2

As others have said, OC stands for Original Character. This is your own person creation. Think up a name, appearance, cutie mark (optional) and background story. For your first OC image, there is a Pony Creator on deviantart.com you can use. There are plenty of artists in the artist request section of this forum who are happy to help you out as well.(Though most require a reference image, hence, Pony Creator.) There have been guides posted on this forum as well as to what makes a good or bad OC, though they are opinion, not hard fact, they are a good basis to go off of.

• Brohoof 3

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.