Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

All about BABScon!

WeAreBorg

img-2326734-1-logo200.png

Bay Area Brony Spectacular, aka BABSCon, is the first-ever convention for fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in the San Francisco Bay Area. We aim to bring My Little Pony fun with San Francisco style. For our first year, we’ll be happening on April 18-20, 2014 at the SFO Hyatt Regency just outside San Francisco proper. Come on out and join the fun!

Have a more personal question for our staff? You can email us at info@babscon.com
Quick Links:
Pre Registration (ends 4/4)

Hotel Information

Panel Submissions
Vendor/Artist Submissions
Volunteer Submissions

Press Info

Guests:

See our guests post for the full detailed listing of all of our guests. Our show and MLP fanchise Guests of Honor are...

Andrea Libman (VA of Pinkie Pie & Fluttershy)

Tara Strong (VA of Twilight Sparkle)

Cathey Weseluck (VA of Spike & Mayor Manor)

Nicole Oliver (VA of Princess Celestia & Miss Cheerilee)

Peter New (VA of Big Macintosh)

Brynna Drummond (VA of Babs Seed)

Brian Drummond (VA of Ahuizotl, Mr. Cake, Filthy Rich and more!)

Special Appearance by Tabitha St. Germain (VA of Rarity and Princess Luna)

Jason Thiessen (Supervising Director)

"Big" Jim Miller (Storyboard Supervisor / Co-Director)

Megan McCarthy (Writer)

M. A. Larson (Writer)

Amy Keating Rogers (Writer)

Natasha Levinger (New Season 4 Writer)

Josh Haber (New Season 4 Writer)

G. M. Berrow (Author of MLP Books)

More TBA!

Our Musical Guests include:

Odyssey (aka Eurobeat Brony)

F3nning

Tarby

Michael A.

More TBA!

Special Events:

Before the con we have many meet ups in the California area. Stay tuned to your local brony groups or our announcements for more information!

During the convention we have a plethora of TBA panels. Panel submissions form can be found here! We would love to hear your great ideas!

BABSCon will also be home to new Goldie Awards! More details coming soon!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER (Prices go up at the door)

Prices at the door will be discounted for our service men and women as well as senior citizens with valid photo ID

Available Memberships:

Foal 1-Day: $20

1. 1-day registration for children 6-12 years old (5 and under are free with their parent or guardian's registration). Must be accompanied by a parent or guardian with paid 1-day or 3-day membership.

Foal 3-Day: $30

1. 3-day registration for children 6-12 years old (5 and under are free with their parent or guardian's registration). Must be accompanied by a parent or guardian with paid 3-day membership.

Background Pony: $25 (Contributing membership)

1. Con book and all printed materials from the con, mailed to you after the con

Guest Pony: $40

1. Friday or Sunday 1-day membership
  2. Con book and all printed materials from the con

Secondary Pony: $50

1. Saturday 1-day membership
  2. Con book and all printed materials from the con

Ponyville Pony: $60

1. 3-day membership
  2. Con book all printed materials.

Canterlot Pony: $150

1. 3-day membership
  2. Con book all printed materials.
  3. Con-exclusive swag bag including BABSCon T-shirt, poster, and lanyard

Sorry our Premium Memberships have been filled

Hotel:

The Bay Area Brony Spectacular is taking place at the luxurious SFO Hyatt Regency Hotel.

We’re proud to offer our guests:

• Con rate: $112/night for either a double-queen or single-king room
  • Free in-room WiFi for con attendees
  • Free parking for con attendees staying in the hotel with in-and-out privileges (Half price—$10/day—for attendees not staying in the hotel, also with in-and-out privileges)
  • Free shuttle service to and from SFO, SFO BART, and Millbrae BART/CalTrain

Register your room NOW, because supplies are, as always, limited.

TL:DR This con is awesome and you should come!

Edited by WeAreBorg
  • Brohoof 4

Do we know yet a general idea of the con schedule?  I'm mainly curious to know if the festivities cover all of Friday and Sunday, or only part of those days(like say, the con ending around 4pm on Sunday, or going until late evening, etc.)

Basically I'm trying to decide if I need the hotel room only until Sunday or if I should do check-out on Monday...

Edit: Actually nevermind!  I found the answer on the registration page for the con.  I really should have looked at it more closely.

Starts 10am on Friday, and ends 6pm on Sunday.

Edited by Seraphil

WILL there be a stream of the event? since im in the EU the times might be screwed up but i will totaly watch it if you stream it. and you really should stream the event

I believe the Opening Ceremonies and the BABSCon hosted Goldie Awards will be streamed but if you really want to experience the con and see the whole thing you'll have to come see us!

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the Opening Ceremonies and the BABSCon hosted Goldie Awards will be streamed but if you really want to experience the con and see the whole thing you'll have to come see us!

But I live in europe... but i hope you will atleast release youtube videos of the panels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
What's in the swag bag?

This thread is actually about BABSCon 2014 which was two years ago so the packages have changed a bit, but there is a swag bag again this year. Last year's bag included a T-Shirt, a pin, a lanyard, and of course a BABSCon tote bag to put it all in. :D  This year's will likely be similar. You can check out this year's packages here: https://registration.babscon.com/registration/register.php

Quick crappy picture of my 2015 Swag Bag:

udrHNWS.png