Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Deleting a Profile

Geek0zoid
Go to solution Solved by Nohbdy,

Profiles won't be deleted. Main reason being is because in case you ever want to come back the profile will still be there. Also, for record keeping purposes. Although I believe I remember seeing a post before saying that they do delete accounts, but only under extremely specific circumstances.

• Brohoof 1

This is a weird topic to bring up, but a friend of mine wants to delete his forum account. Is there a way to go about this?

Negative. Accounts are never banned or deleted by request, as doing so would remove information associated with them. Generally speaking, the staff prefer not to delete anything unless absolutely necessary. 

If there's specific information that users want removed, they should contact the staff and provide an explanation. 

See the FAQ on account deletion for more details. Hope that helped! :)

• Brohoof 3

Negative. Accounts are never banned or deleted by request, as doing so would remove information associated with them. Generally speaking, the staff prefer not to delete anything unless absolutely necessary. 

If there's specific information that users want removed, they should contact the staff and provide an explanation. 

See the FAQ on account deletion for more details. Hope that helped! :)

It did, and I'm not about to ask "What harm could it do?" Since I don't know anything about coding.

My friend would just like his whole profile removed. Wouldn't there be a way to make it so it's just not visible by forum members anymore?

It did, and I'm not about to ask "What harm could it do?" Since I don't know anything about coding.

My friend would just like his whole profile removed. Wouldn't there be a way to make it so it's just not visible by forum members anymore?

Not to my knowledge, unfortunately. May I ask why, specifically, he wants his profile hidden? If it's a matter of information, the content (About Me, avatar, etc.) of the profile itself is easily removed. 

Not to my knowledge, unfortunately. May I ask why, specifically, he wants his profile hidden? If it's a matter of information, the content (About Me, avatar, etc.) of the profile itself is easily removed. 

He wanted his profile hidden because he felt as if he's gotten a bad rep on the forums, and he wanted his profile taken off.

• Brohoof 1

He wanted his profile hidden because he felt as if he's gotten a bad rep on the forums, and he wanted his profile taken off.

That's not a very good reason, to be honest. The best he can do is remove the contents of his profile. 

Anyway, further discussion can be made through PM or support ticket, and it would be preferred if your friend contacted us personally. Thanks! 

• Brohoof 2

If I were afraid of my future reputation, which I am not because I watch what I say. I would simply search for any post I used my personal name address, clear out my contact details, and use the name change feature to something I've never used. Hidden in plain sight. Obfuscation.

• Brohoof 1

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.