Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Meal with MLP staff member

Sleipnir Rising

I was looking through the tickets for the BABS-Con this April. I noticed that when you order the Alicorn Princess or Big Bad ticket, you get an intimate meal with a guest of honor from the show. So, I got the idea to make this thread.

If you could have a meal with any one of the staff members of MLP:FIM (including guest voice actors) at any restaurant, who would it be with and at what restaurant?

For me, I would choose to eat with Scott McNeil at Ruth's Chris Steak House. He is one of my favorite voice actors.

• Brohoof 1

I would have dinner with Nicole Oliver at Kinclaid's Restaurant, she is one of my favorite voice actors after all.

John De Lancie, Tara Strong, and Tabitha St. Germain are my other options too.

Oh, and Ashleigh Ball.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 1

John De Lancie. I've wanted to meet him for a long time, long before he did voice acting for MLP. As a Trekkie, I would never pass up the chance. As for which restaurant, I have no specific one in mind, but definitely something that serves fresh, delicious seafood. 

• Brohoof 1

Probably either Tara Strong, Ashleigh Ball or John De Lancie. I have loved Tara Strong for a long time because she has voiced many of my favorite characters over the years in more shows than I could possibly count, Ashleigh Ball voices Applejack and Rainbow Dash who are both awesome ponies and she is pretty hot. And John De Lancie voices Discord who is best now reformed villain.

John De Lancie.

I'm a Trekker, what Trekker would pass that chance up? Not to mention Stargate. I don't like Discord, but he's a fantastic actor. <3

As for a restaurant, probably this Indian place in Toronto I go to a lot. They have vegetarian food to die for.

EDIT: Tabitha St. Germain would be my number two, or Lauren Faust (PPG is still my favourite cartoon to date).

Edited by Zenith
  • Brohoof 1

I would say Claire Corlett but that would be kind of creepy. So I'll go with Tabitha St. Germain. She seems like such a cool person. (all of them do, but still)

I don't know any restaurants. Since we're both from Boston, I guess we would go to Faneuil Hall. :D

I'll take a date with Tabitha St. Germain and Kazumi Evans please.

The only acceptable dinner would be over marshmallows, as they serenade me with Rarity's talking and singing voices. ;)

Hey, it could happen, maybe never... :blush:

I would choose either Tara Strong, Andrea Libman, Tabitha St. Germaine, Michele Creber, or John de Lancie. As for the restaurant... I haven't eaten at many restaurants since I was really little, so I don't really have any ideas. Whatever works for them would be okay, I guess. As long as it wouldn't cost more than $45 per plate.

I want to say John De Lancie because I'm such a big Star Trek and Discord fan, but I think as far as having a dinner goes, I'd probably choose Peter New.  Peter just seems like the kind of person who would be a blast to hang out with, and as much as I love John De Lancie, I feel like a dinner with him or a lot of the other staff would just end up with me being starstruck and not knowing what to say.

Oh and as far as the restaurant, I'm not sure, but something with a Steak xD.

Edited by Simon

''fancy food'' aint my thing I love hardrock cafe and that type of food (fancy expensive fast food) 

Id hang out with Maddie peters (Scootaloo) she seems like a nice girl.. 

not because i have a crush on her and a shrine dedicated to her in my basement.. noooo just kidding i dont have that, i swear! 

• Brohoof 1

Weird Al Yankovic. Come on, who wouldn't want to eat with him?! XD As for what restaurant, I would say Buffalo Wild Wings.

Yeah, and don't forget to order a cheese sandwich   ;)

Another good choice would be to dine with Mitch Larson and order some wings :D

Hey, it could happen, maybe never...

Never say never! :P

I'd never expect that some day in my life I will meet Vagla (Peter Waglowski), a Polish blogger who writes about copyright law and is very famous in Polish blogosphere. But when I worked on a certain startup project called Authalia with my friends, one day we needed some copyright expert to consult our ideas and tell us what he thinks, and we chose Vagla. So we sent him an invitation. We weren't expecting him to come to us. But a week later, I was sitting on a couch in our headquarters, just next to him, and we could talk freely   :) Some of my views about him have bursted, though: he appeared to be a normal guy, like me, not a blogging superhero ;) This day I realized that I can meet anyone on this planet if I really wanted.

The other day I wanted to contact a famous fringe scientist, Dan Winter, to talk with him about quantum physics. I remembered well about my meeting with Vagla, so this time I started to wonder what can I do to contact Dan Winter. First, I started searching for people who might know him, and I found a guy who organized his lectures in Poland last year. I found out that he administers a web forum about Sacred Geometry. So I contacted him, make friends with him, and then asked for some contact to Dan Winter. And guess what: two days later I could e-mail Dan Winter and we exchanged some e-mails ;) And again, Dan Winter turned out not to be a superhero too: he was making mistakes, confusing his statements, or showing some lacks in his knowledge.

The moral is then: You can meet anyone you wish. But be careful what you wish for, because your star may burst when you meet him/her in person ;)

Oh, and I'd almost forget about one more proof of my statement above: Once I managed to contact Amy Keating Rogers, one of the script writers of MLP:FiM! We exchanged several e-mails, where I asked her about the symbols and hidden knowledge I found in the show (described in my symbolism thread). She was very kind and informative. I also told her about my feelings of Twilight's alicoronation and why do I think it was a bad idea from the storytelling point of view. (So you can be sure the writers had got their feedback ;) )

Speaking of dinners with the MLP stars... Once I had an idea that they could travel a lot of our world for free, just by visiting Bronies along the way ;) You know, they just can make a list of places they can visit and publish in the Internet, and I bet that lots of Bronies around that place would host them for free, since an opportunity to meet with the MLP crew would be enough for a repayment for their hospitality. What do you think? Maybe we should plant this idea in the MLP crew members' heads somehow? ;)

Edited by SasQ

I'd have to go with Tabitha St. Germain and Bo Ling's Chinese. That shit's amazing! Of course I would ask her, oh pretty please, to spend the entire meal in best princess' voice. She'll look at me, say a sentence in Luna's voice, I'll giggle like a school girl, and she'll continue the meal in her normal speaking voice and I won't give a damn and be happily content! Run-on sentence!

Edited by FMStorm

I don't see what the big deal is, it's a meal with somebody I don't even know who happens to be a staff member of a tv shpw. These people aren't special just because of that, there's no reason for me to be more interested than dining with anyone else I don't know.

• Brohoof 1

Lauren Faust was my immediate thought, but then I realized my more likely choice would be Daniel Ingram. Being a composer and a "wordsmith" myself, I would love to ask him a little bit about how he does his job, and if he ever finds himself building on a tune that he already used. (I noticed that the beginning of Pinkie's Lament was a tiny bit reminiscent of A True, True Friend - which I don't mind at all.)