Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ex-best-friends

applejackson007

Well, this seems like an OK place to vent so here I go...

So, I have this friend.... or rather, had, this friend... who underwent a terrible situation over the summer, and I happen to stick with them through the entire thing, and helped them the whole way, no matter how frustrated I got, which I was extremely frustrated, and ever since then, they haven't said A WORD to me, except in school, which seeing that person was rare, but over text or even sometimes i school? Nothing.

Then, I only had one person to really talk to about it.... that would be my girlfriend..... so, somehow my "friend" finds out about me telling my gf, and my "friend" gets all upset and and just ends the friendship about a week ago. And just earlier I put my last two cents in on how I felt, and I'm pretty sure she even read it, i personally think she never really cared in the first place, and to this moment, she still hasn't responded.... i dunno what to do.... but, I guess it'll have to be fixed another day... Sometimes friendship is magic, but other times it can be hell.

Now, this brings me to a question...

Do you have an ex-best friend? And, if so, what happened to make that friendship go away?

• Brohoof 1

Everyone I knew in elementary, middle, and high school....

In elementary, they all eventually moved or went on to make new friends by leaving me behind.

In middle, everyone was stupid and unreliable for me to consider anyone as a best friend.

In high, morons, untrustworthy, and unforgettable memories and friendships were ruined.

Yeah, I have no friends or best friends, but do I care?

Not really.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's just a case of over-reaction. Probably should give some time, and see how it pans out. It might clear up.

As for me...I've had a few...but one of them, I wish he'd get hit by a truck, bus, and any other car in the area. I have my reasons...

• Brohoof 1

A friend that I used to have in elementary school was such a twat. All he did was talk about me behind my back and even when I'm right there, he basically annoyed me to death. Thank god I haven't seen him since then.

• Brohoof 1

If I had a list of Ex Friends I would have a lot. But one that moved away in Middle school is now my boyfriend.. So yeah.. :3 Sometimes Friendship is magic. Try and work out your problem.s If you guys are real friends it will work out! Its like Rainbow Falls. Whos your real friend and whos your fake friend.

Yeah. An ex-friend of mine got into ketamine and heroin, at the age of sixteen. He also tried to get me to start his disgusting habit with him. I tried to talk him out of doing it and explain how badly it would ruin his life, he basically told me to go f*ck myself and broke off all contact.

We're both seventeen now, I'm off to study a BA in literature at university in September - he's working in McDonald's and has no qualifications to his name. Good thing I didn't start taking drugs with him I guess, still feel bad for the guy though. To this day I still don't know what made him start - oh well.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that aside from his McDonald's job he's now selling 25i-NBOMe in an abandoned house near a school. Smooth.

Edited by ponypowa96
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah. An ex-friend of mine got into ketamine and heroin, at the age of sixteen. He also tried to get me to start his disgusting habit with him. I tried to talk him out of doing it and explain how badly it would ruin his life, he basically told me to go f*ck myself and broke off all contact.

We're both seventeen now, I'm off to study a BA in literature at university in September - he's working in McDonald's and has no qualifications to his name. Good thing I didn't start taking drugs with him I guess, still feel bad for the guy though. To this day I still don't know what made him start - oh well.

Yes, good for you for not sinking to do what he does, saved you from having a not-so-well life, avoiding that..... I used to have an old friend like that, I haven't heard from him for a while, don't even know what she does, and frankly, I don't want to know

If I had a list of Ex Friends I would have a lot. But one that moved away in Middle school is now my boyfriend.. So yeah.. :3 Sometimes Friendship is magic. Try and work out your problem.s If you guys are real friends it will work out! Its like Rainbow Falls. Whos your real friend and whos your fake friend.

That's good! well, minus the list of ex-friends, but yeah, I'll continue trying to work it out... thanks! ^-^

A friend that I used to have in elementary school was such a twat. All he did was talk about me behind my back and even when I'm right there, he basically annoyed me to death. Thank god I haven't seen him since then.

Yeah, friends like that don't even deserve to be called friends, I've been there as well

I think it's just a case of over-reaction. Probably should give some time, and see how it pans out. It might clear up.

As for me...I've had a few...but one of them, I wish he'd get hit by a truck, bus, and any other car in the area. I have my reasons...

thanks... and yeah, I've got a choice few people like that in my school as well  :okiedokielokie:

Everyone I knew in elementary, middle, and high school....

In elementary, they all eventually moved or went on to make new friends by leaving me behind.

In middle, everyone was stupid and unreliable for me to consider anyone as a best friend.

In high, morons, untrustworthy, and unforgettable memories and friendships were ruined.

Yeah, I have no friends or best friends, but do I care?

Not really.

Yeah, I suppose it's sometimes best to forget people like that

• Brohoof 1

It sounds like your friend might have been embarrassed by their actions. Now they have been trying to avoid you, and avoid facing whatever they might have told you. The real question is, how did this friend find out that you told your girlfriend?

I guess she found out when I actually got the chance to talk to her, but I dont lie so I didn't exactly tell her I said it, and I avoided it, and she found out that way, then I told her everything I said, said sorry, then she got pissy with me and basically just ended it there... I did have good intentions... I was just extremely stressed

thanks... and yeah, I've got a choice few people like that in my school as well  :okiedokielokie:

Oh no..I seriously wish he would die. He quite literally ruined any chance I had of repairing a broken heart, because he felt the need to backstab me. Not to mention, he did the same thing to my ex, while dating her. That kind of crap, really shows you what it feels to really hate someone.

• Brohoof 1

Sounds like one of those situations you just want to walk away from. There isn't much you can say to patch it. Of course, I know relatively nothing about your situation, but that is what it sounds like. Time to be mature, and just leave well-enough be.

yeah, i suppose... I don't know... we'll see i guess, thanks though 

Oh no..I seriously wish he would die. He quite literally ruined any chance I had of repairing a broken heart, because he felt the need to backstab me. Not to mention, he did the same thing to my ex, while dating her. That kind of crap, really shows you what it feels to really hate someone.

I feel this same way about this one guy, he kinda... did things... to my friend, a female, and we've gotten into some pretty big school fights, I honestly think about actually murdering him, sometimes but I dont because my gf would be mad at me, he's also most of the reason i lost my "best-friend"

i barely have real life friends outside of school so yea.

heres one of them in elementary i met a girl named Cindy acted like a douche for a bit before we start becoming friends and get to know each other both of us were tomboys we liked girls more than boys she was a fantastic best friend sadly switching schools can be saddening now i dubt il ever meet her again.

• Brohoof 1

Depending on what sort of 'things'. It sounds like this person might have been victimized, and needs to talk to an authority about it.

She, or rather we, have been to someone about it, nothing happened because no one pressed any charges because they are bloody stupid, and that stupid git needs to be jailed

i barely have real life friends outside of school so yea.

heres one of them in elementary i met a girl named Cindy acted like a douche for a bit before we start becoming friends and get to know each other both of us were tomboys we liked girls more than boys she was a fantastic best friend sadly switching schools can be saddening now i dubt il ever meet her again.

Awh, that's sad... do you at least get to talk to her? 

That is a terrible thing to hear. However, I don't need to know the details, but some of those 'things', the statute of limitations is quite a few years. So it might not be to late, however, this is a tricky situation that may be outside of your range. It is definitely outside of mine.

It also depends on what it was. If it was sexual, then there's a 2 year window, before they can't do anything. If it was abuse/violent, then it's 5 to 10, depending on the severity.

It also depends on the state, a friend of mine was molested by a church official, and was able to press charges 17 years later.

Guess your friend was a minor when it happened, because it's common in alot of states, they can reopen something like that when the victim is 18, because of how stupid things can be. You know, the whole, "well you're not an adult, so you can't do anything without an adult" crap.

It also depends on what it was. If it was sexual, then there's a 2 year window, before they can't do anything. If it was abuse/violent, then it's 5 to 10, depending on the severity.

I don't know about abusive, but sadly, it was sexual, and I was so angry when I heard about it

I've had several ex best friends in my time and I'm only at the wee age of 19.

One of them had a tough life. lets just say she had a really bad father and she was a bit kooky. She was nice and I tried to be there no matter what but eventually she just stopped talking to me except when she wanted to. So basically she'd talk to me about her problems and my problems where to not be spoken of. which was okay for a while until it sort of threw me into a depression (she was my only friend so kept everything in) So I figured out that the friendship we had was really unhealthy. I talked when she needed me but eventually she found better people to turn to.

then after a while of being utterly alone and hating things I met a new friend it was great except this time I wanted to be different to so she would think I was cool and eventually I was like  "you know what, I'm weird. who the heck cares. I'll be the weirdest I can be"  and she didn't like that. She didn't like me being me. So she stopped talking to me and I stopped trying.

then I met my best friend now and we fight a lot but we always become friends and make up like 10 minutes afterwards. so it's cool.

But the thing is a lot of friends will walk out on you. sometimes you wont know why, and may never know why. But  you'll find friends that will be there for you. some for a short time and some forever. But it'll work out, cause we are all survivors. But I see it as you have these people now, so be with them have good times cry together talk about stupid crap and just be there for one another. The right people will stick around forever and get past all the weird stupid things you might do. and they will accept your help and be there to help you. I'm sorry you lost a friend, but if they turn to you again just try to be there.

• Brohoof 1

I had this best friend for 4 years and we would talk constantly about everything but she then quit high school and decided to do online schooling but that wasn't the problem, she started babysitting for all her neighbors to get money but then eventually they stopped giving her money and she instead hung out with them all the time. Then since she was too busy hanging out with people (who used her just for free babysitting), she would only talk to me maybe once a month and when she did she never cared about me she would just compare me to the older women or talk about them like they were God. So one day when I couldn't take that I had always been there for her and I knew all about her other friends but they had no idea who I was, that was the last straw.

Sadly, I have never had a close girl friend since.. Sometimes I am worried I will never have a friend to talk with daily ever again.

• Brohoof 1