Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ex-best-friends

applejackson007

It's ok. She brought me to a world where I can feel accepted, and have some of the greatest friends. She gave me a gift that I can not repay with. So grateful for that and always will be.

That is true my friend, My Little Pony is a gift nopony can repay...

Yea, thays the crazy thing, I am a video game and fandom nerd, I am not the cheerleader type! Ii didn't even WANT to be captain! I ended up quitting. And my secrets... I told them EVERYTHING... it really sucked... I'm sorry you and her are fighting :( I hope it gets better

Yeah, about that, we just an hour or so ago had a falling out... I officially lost her and i know it's certanly not going to get better :( ... it sucks because i also told her all my secrets too :/ so I may find myself in a similar situation such as yours, but thanks though, I hope things get better on your end as well

Mostly friends that I've moved away from since I left, haven't had contact with them since.

But there have been quite alot of people that were just my friends, not best friends, and they ended up becoming my enemies later :( 

But there is one guy, he was one of the only friends I had at the beginning of ninth grade, it was a new school, I was starting fresh, and the guy seemed pretty nice. We got along pretty well, we both loved to read, liked the same kind of movies, so we had topics of discussion. Everything was fine until some girls in class picked on us saying we should date, then things started getting worse. He avoided me sometimes probably due to other rumors, then he just avoided me altogether, then he started picking on me too, became a real jerk, then I just downright hated him :( It was awful seeing how a really nice friendship just broke -_- He constantly said that he hated me and trust me after all he did to me the feeling is mutual. He even told me to go die in a hole once so personally I'm glad we broke off our friendship, especially since he started hanging out with the "cool" kids who picked on me in class. It's like he joined the dark side ^_^

Last time I hope that'll happen :( I really don't want to go through that experience again, having a friend, and then regretting we were ever friends in the first place -_-

He told you to die?? That's aweful! I'm sorry...  :(

• 5 years later...

Oh, I have plenty of those. But I don't linger on memories of people who were my so-called "friends" yet treated me like shit. I've moved on from them many years ago. 

• Brohoof 1

My favorite topic: complaining about my life and my past.

In all seriousness though, I've only lost one friend to something other than just us naturally growing apart, and that was my girlfriend (debatably my closest friend at the time) way back in early high school. I don't really feel like getting into specifics right now (mostly because I need to sleep), but basically, she was an untrustworthy b**** and I'm glad she's out of my life, even if more than a little pain was caused by the end of our relationship. It wasn't toxic or anything, I'm just convinced she was an impulse liar who only cared about herself.

Nothing happen between me and some of my ex-friends we just go on our separate way.

Yes, I do, actually. Met her here on the forums. Were pretty tight for about four years, but she sort of separated herself from me after I joined the Army. We did become friends for a while afterwards though, but she'd changed a lot, and I could tell she didn't care about me anymore. Once I was stationed in Korea she completely abandoned me. I guess the stress of moving to another country weighed me down or something, but I took out all my frustrations on her, called her a horrible friend and ended it right there.

I don't really regret it though, she was (and is) pretty toxic, and treated me like garbage. It just sucks to have lost someone who used to care about me so much. :v

• Brohoof 1

I have a few, but not in the sense that there was any animosity. We just grew up and drifted apart. It's par for the course with life.

Edited by Cash_In

My first best friend (that I remember I had) was this girl I met in primary school. We eventually stopped being friends since she "replaced" me with someone else. I'm not sure if it really was a replacement since we were slowly separating ourselves at the time but it still hurt.

I remember one in particular, probably my first ever best friend who I had been friends with since we were 6 years old. What happened was that he basically made all the wrong choices in life and it led him down a dark path. It started when he dropped out of school at 14/15 with no qualifications and no prospects ahead of him, I tried to talk him out of it but he refused to listen. We still kept in touch occasionally, but over time, as we slowly lost touch, he started to become more and more bitter and cynical about the world and the direction it was going. This eventually escalated to him branding himself as a self-proclaimed "white nationalist" (which is pretty ironic, considering he is mixed race but in complete denial about it). From what I know about him today, he is a NEET with a severe cocaine addiction with a burning hatred for Catholics (We live in a city with a huge sectarianism problem). 

I've tried to get in contact with him, but he's pretty much disappeared from social media. Still to this day feel like I could've prevented this.

In a way. I used to be good friends with a guy I knew from college. I still consider him a great guy. Despite this, I haven't spoken to him in ages. I'm not going into detail out of respect for him, but the bottom line is that we disagreed about how often we should hang out. It sounds lame, and there's a lot more to it than that, but that is the short version. Ultimately, I got fed up with it, ended the conversation, and didn't really speak to him since. Honestly, I wouldn't know what to say now even if I did. In this particular case, both saying something and saying nothing would come across as being selfish, odd as that sounds.

Nothing bad happened. I moved away and we drifted apart. Sometimes it just happens like that.

Fortunately, I've got a new best friend I've had for the last decade. Stuck by each other through quite a lot. So it's not always hopeless.

A girl I met at a workplace when I was 19 and I wasn't really keen on getting to know her, but she kind of stuck to me like glue, and we became best friends. She was always jealous of my significant others, and I tried to brush it off. I called her to ask if she wanted to be a bridesmaid for me, and she accepted. I didn't hear from her for a while, and tried to get in contact with her, but she dodged my calls. Finally two weeks before my wedding, she finally picked up and told me that she was too busy, and never apologized. I didn't talk to her for five years.

I finally figured enough time had passed, and it was time to forgive and forget. She met my husband, except she told me she only wanted to hang out with me, and not him. I let her know that he is apart of my life, and we're a packaged deal. Sometimes she gets just me, but he's also going to be around occasionally. The last time she called, it was because she and her boyfriend had broken up, and she needed help moving, but didn't want to rent a moving truck. My husband had pickup at the time. I was done. I still love her, but she's too toxic and immature, and I can only root for her from afar. I really hope for the best for her, but I can't let her keep hurting my feelings.

• Brohoof 1

I had a few best friends as a child and we no longer speak. I don’t consider them to be exe friends because we just grew apart rather than had our friendship end illy. The only person whom I consider to be a true exe best friend was my friend through middle school, high school, and some years after. He randomly ceased all contact with me and even blocked me on social media with no reason behind doing it. He just...decided to leave me in the dust. I haven’t bothered to try to ask him why he did what he did. I feel like it even isn’t worth talking about with him.

• Brohoof 2

On 8/13/2019 at 6:35 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

Oh, I have plenty of those. But I don't linger on memories of people who were my so-called "friends" yet treated me like shit. I've moved on from them many years ago. 

I feel you. I had a cruel, oh, and I mean cruel guy whom I thought was my friend for seven years before he cut me out for no longer being a convenience to him. When I refused to take it, he lied to every other "friend" I thought I had and got them all together to harass me and my other real friends. I will never, ever again be satisfied hanging around people who don't make me fully comfortable speaking my mind. I don't care how many times they come back to try and bully me into silence, I am never going to let them win. 

My best friend as a kid suddenly stopped responding to all attempts of mine to contact him after the last day of middle school. He was going to be moving and attending a different high school with an IB program so I knew I wouldn't be able to see him as often, but I didn't expect him to just leave... he seemed alright beforehand and nothing seemed to hint that he disliked me. That was the beginning of a hard couple of years for me... I poured out my heart and soul for our friendship from 4th grade to 8th grade and he flat out went silent. Years later when I made a Facebook account, I tried to find him on there and couldn't. I've finally healed from the shock of abruptly losing a close friend, but I still wonder what exactly happened. I may never know. All I know is that I have a couple of very close friends now and I don't want to take them for granted...

Losing a friend hasn’t been a falling out for me so much as just fading out of each other’s lives. People drift apart for one reason or another and that’s about my only experience with it. I’ve had arguments with friends but nothing that’s cost me the friendship because real friends can survive things like petty arguments.  

Had a best friend in highschool that copied me and my entire look. He started out as a plain guy, but soon started ti copy me. Didnt think nothing of it. Then he got political when Trump was elected and started saying i dressed like a school shooter. Told him to stop since i knew someone who was a victim of school shootings and he only egged me on. 

Not proud to admit this but our friendship ended when i sucker punched him after he called my ethnicity into question. 

Yes.

My ex best friend is really hard to get in contact with. You'll text her, she'll either respond with one word or not at all.

Now, keep in mind that I hang out with a group of girls that I am very close to... my actual best friends.

So, when we went on vacation without her (as she was very unreliable). She kept spamming my phone, guilt tripping me on how I had "kicked her out of the group."

It was a four day trip that we still spent a year planning, because we needed to find a place and make a small plan of what we wanted to do, and what to bring, and my friend was extra hard to get in touch with back then.

It wasn't until my vacation, where she kept texting me about what a horrible person I was and that she knew when she wasn't wanted did I realize how terrible a friend she was, and how much I had been used for granted.

We had known each other for 10 years, so it's really sad to realize how toxic our relationship has been.

I am afraid of her, constantly worried that the little things I do will piss her off, and am always guilt tripped and making me feel the one at fault.

I have been with this girl for everything, and now I just feel worthless.

In all honesty, @applejackson007 I still miss her. I turned 20 recently and that was one of the first birthdays I'd had without seeing her at all.

As much as I care and love her, my happiness is more important.

And right now... my heart just hurts.

Edited by Emerald<3

Lost a good friend and great girl back when I was on another site, and because I could not separate reality with the RP I hurt her and I lost her as a friend forever

Most of my ex-friends aren’t my friends anymore cause I lost touch with them. There have been some really weird people in my life but I can’t really say they were my friends cause I didn’t know them well enough.

• Brohoof 2

• 11 months later...

Yeah many people leave after sometime it happens. My close friend left me about a month ago and just ghosted me for no clear reason not even hinting at why (felt brutal tbh). But it happens and I guess u just got to reason at the fact that you cant get too attached to the way things are as they change. You get to know someone so intimately and share secrets and all but then its all just suddenly gone. 

In most other cases though it is more just losing touch with them. I did have some drama like so so long ago where I said something but it wasnt like I lost the friendship over it just wasn't close friends anymore. I guess it's worse for those people who known someone for years and years. In the end you always still have yourself and gained something from the experience. 

• 1 month later...

It happened to me twice. I met my first best friend in kindergarten, then we went to the same school, but after a while he had to move and change school. We met a few times after this and that's it. Sometimes I wonder how he's doing, but I don't feel like contacting him, he has his life and probably now he's not the same person I met as a kid (I'm definitely not the same person)

The second one I met in school after my first friend moved, we became best friends after a while. In middle-high school we got a bit separated (he's extraverted and outgoing person while I was introverted and really anxious), but we had a great friendship anyway. In 7th grade I had to move and change the school and that's the point where our ways separated. We still chat occasionally and play games, but not more

• Brohoof 1

I am one that usually only have one friend, so they qualify as "best" by default. So I have lost a few over the years. To me, friendship is the same, no matter if you are best friends or only friends.

I used to be best friends with a guy called Drew back when I was a kid. We'd pretty much hang out everyday and were best friends for so many years.

Nothing really bad happened between us. I eventually moved away and it may it harder for him to come and visit me each day. Eventually he just stopped and we kinda drifted apart. I'm still curious what would of happened if we did stay in contact though I've heard he moved to Ireland so that just makes things even worse :please:

I lost my best friend just about five years ago. There was absolutely no explanation. In reality, the end of our friendship was dragged out through pretty much all of 2015, arguably earlier. I still have no clue what happened. Early that year she invited me to her house and was super excited to see me again, but then it never happened. And the end of the year was the very last time she communicated with me. She didn't even wish me a happy birthday, leaving me in tears.

She has her own life. She owes me no explanation, but still... Ouch.