Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the mane six could drive, what car would they choose?

Rarity Paige Belle

Rainbow Dash: 1990 Dodge Grand Caravan Turbo

Pinkie Pie: 1968 Volkswagen Type 2 Bus

Applejack: 1975 Dodge W100 Power Wagon

Twilight Sparkle: 2008 Volvo C30

Rarity: 1960 Lincoln Continental

Fluttershy: She's just that annoying friend who's always trying to bum a ride off of you.

And since that was only five cars...

Trixie: 1988 Chrysler Conquest TSI

• Brohoof 4

Fluttershy: White Toyota Prius

Rainbow Dash: Black Porsche 911 Turbo

Applejack: Red 1990 Ford F150

Pinkie Pie: Pink Volkswagen Type 2 (T1) aka Microbus

Twilight Sparkle: Blue AMC Gremlin

Rarity: Silver Rolls Royce Wraith

Edited by PsychedelicPony
  • Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash: Koenigsegg Agera R

Twilight: 2014 Chevy Volt 

Rarity: Cadillac of some sort.

Pinkie Pie: Mini Cooper or Beetle.

Applejack: F150 or Silverado

Fluttershy: Prius

AJ: '77 Jeep J-20 401 4x4 (The ultimate farm truck IMO, but I'm biased. Also good for hunting Graboids, I mean Tatzlwurms)

Rarity: '64 Mercedes-Benz 600 Limo (Let's face it, her car would have to be classy AND she would be getting driven around rather than doing so herself)

Twilight: Tesla S

Fluttershy: VW E-Bugster is my top choice, but since it has remained just a concept I will go with the VW Jetta Hybrid.

Rainbow: Ford F-150 Raptor to "1up" AJ but still be able to go fast.

Pinkie: A party bus

Edited by The Mane-iac
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow: Ford F-150 Raptor to "1up" AJ but still be able to go fast.

Dude, like, why the Raptor? The Raptor is 10/10 not very fast. A 4x4 F-150 with an Ecoboost V6 can lay down a better 0-60. That's like totally not great, brah...

How about a 2000 F-150 SVT Lightning? That's a knife truck!

Or maybe, like, a '78 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck? Functional AND fast. It may be nearly 40 years old, but it'll still whip a Raptor...

Or, dude, the '91 GMC Syclone. That lil' sucker had a faster 0-60 than that year's Corvette!

Edited by Bob Ross
  • Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash- Jaguar XKE

Fluttershy-  VW Bug

Rarity- Mercedes Benz Convertible to be sporty but the top would stay up so she doesn't mess up her mane

Apple Jack- Toyota Pickup

Twilight Sparkle- Honda Civic with Sun Roof

Pinkie Pie- VW Bus with big flowers and peace symbols all over it

Twilight: Prius of any brand as long as it's electronic.

AJ: a tractor....not sure if that's racist.

Flutter: bike

Pinkie: Toyota tundra because she needs something to haul that party cannon.

RD: Nissan GTR(R35) that's sporty, fast, and cool like her.

Rarity: Something really fancy and luxurious. Maybe a passenger in a limo, she's too elegant to be driving herself.

, like, why the Raptor? The Raptor is 10/10 not very fast. A 4x4 F-150 with an Ecoboost V6 can lay down a better 0-60. That's like totally not great, brah...

How about a 2000 F-150 SVT Lightning? That's a knife truck!

Or maybe, like, a '78 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck? Functional AND fast. It may be nearly 40 years old, but it'll still whip a Raptor...

Or, dude, the '91 GMC Cyclone. That lil' sucker had a faster 0-60 than that year's Corvette!

Meh, I was going with the "it's newer and faster than the 40yr old truck I said for AJ" aka their friendly rivalry they have. And it's cooler looking than those that you mentioned IMO.

The Syclone wouldn't even be a consideration in my suggestions because it's a small truck, plus it's GM.

That Dodge, well it's not that impressive of numbers compared to the 401, and the 401 didn't have the cop package stuff on it in the trucks like that Dodge.

From what I gather a Raptor has a 0-60 time of 7 seconds, good enough for me and it's under 10 seconds so Dash should be happy. The Raptor is meant to be an off-road truck king, not high performance. It's also touted as having bold in-your-face styling. That all screams egotistical Rainbow "ego stroking" Dash to me. It's basically just Ford's Wrangler.

That is my list of my opinion on what vehicles, and I'm sticking with it. I could easily criticize you sticking Dash in a '90 Caravan of all things, but I couldn't care less what other's opinions are enough to tear into them for said opinions on something that's not even a debate style topic.

If my main point was that Dash should have been in something fast, I would have placed her in a Hennessey Venom Gt, or an HSV Maloo R8.

Edited by The Mane-iac

I could easily criticize you sticking Dash in a '90 Caravan of all things

Bro, I don't think you understand. We're talking about this:

tumblr_matidomBCP1r333gd.jpg

This is a TURBO Grand Caravan. With a manual transmission. That shit is fucking awesome.

not even a debate style topic

I know. If I had been debating, my previous post would have looked more like "You're a dumbass, here's why" and less like Tommy Chong searching for his long lost nacho. No, this is INFORMATIVE. Think of me as your friendly neighborhood PSA man. Actually, why the hell aren't you reading this in Bob Ross' voice? That should clear things up.

Well, if you've got your mind so set on the Ford, let me once again bring up the SVT Lightning. The Lightning hits 0-60 a full second and a half faster than the Raptor (5 sec as opposed to the 2013 Raptor's 6.5 sec) and has a 1/4 mile time to match. Look, alls I'm trying to point out here is that the Raptor's power distribution sucks eggs. In a race, it would get whipped by this:

pontiac_06g6_angularfront_Regular.jpg(6 sec 0-60 mp/h)

And, uh, *coughs* this...

12073-2007-Saturn-Aura.jpg(5.7 sec)

And I don't think Rainbow would be at all cool with that...

You see, the problem lies in the fact that the Raptor is a 4x4. It has to split its 411 horsepower and 434 ft·lbf of torque between two differentials, meaning that each axle is getting ~ 205 horsepower and 217 ft·lbf of torque, which is pretty not great for a vehicle that weighs over 6,000 lbs. I mean, don't get me wrong, this works out fine if all you want to do is climb over those three medium sized rocks in that field adjacent to the Taco Bell or pull a camper, but as far as speed goes, it's got none. It's 0-60 of 6.5 seconds is piss-poor for a vehicle with 411 horsepower. In comparison, a 2006 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (based off of the Holden Monaro) has ~400 horsepower and does a 0-60 in 4.7 sec. An '08 Subaru Impreza WRX has 265 hp (which it, too, is splitting between two axles!) and pulls a 5.3 sec 0-60. If you're looking for something in the realm of performance trucks, the 2003 Dodge Ram SRT-10 (curb weight: 5,130 lbs) has 510 hp and does 0-60 in 4.9 sec. The '91 Syclone had 280 hp and pulled a 4.3 sec 0-60. I could go on...

Tl;dr: Raptors kinda suck as far as performance trucks go.

Now as for style, well, I can't really say anything for that. To each his own. While I am rather fond of the enormous "FORD" written across the front of the truck in a manner not entirely unlike the way Ford used to label their vehicles, I can't really get behind much of the rest of this truck. But, uh, that's just my personal opinion.

Anyway, yeah. That's that.

*tokes doob*

EDIT: Did this just to edit at 4:20.

Edited by Bob Ross

Twilight Sparkle: the friggin' Batmobile. with Spike as Robin.
Rainbow Dash: doesn't need a car because she's fast. Unless the car is the Mach 5, in which case, that.

Pinkie Pie: ice cream truck with a bear in the back, a la Borat
Rarity: Incredibly long stretch limousine, like the one from Aphex Twin's "Windowlicker" music video. She wouldn't drive it, of course. That's what a chauffeur is for, dahling!

Applejack: pickup truck with offroad capabilities, 4-wheel drive, etc.

Fluttershy: Cars are too noisy/cause too much pollution. Sticks with a bicycle or walking.

Tough question...but I think I have the answers....GTA style....from my own garage.

Fluttershy:

0_0.jpg

OR

0_0.jpg

Because they're both older and somewhat quiet cars. Fluttershy is the kind of pony that doesn't care what something looks like, as long as it gets the job done. The Truck would also hold stuff in the back for her friends or help transport critters or what have you...The car also has a massive trunk, like most 50s and 60s cars.

Rarity:

0_0.jpg

Because it's an elegant car, it's a rarity in itself. Based off the real life early 1920s/30s Bugatti Aerolithe,which is a one of a kind car, just like Rarity is a one of a kind pony.

Rainbow Dash:

0_0.jpg

OR

0_0.jpg

Because they're both fast with excellent acceleration, handling and maneuverability thanks to the AWD and high horsepower both cars have.

Applejack:

0_0.jpg

Because she works on a farm, this seems the most logical choice. It's durable, 4WD and powerful. This truck is based off of the ever popular Toyota Hilux. The same truck featured on the UK show "Top Gear" in which they tried to kill this truck, but they did not succeed.

Pinkie Pie:

0_0.jpg

OR

0_0.jpg

Because Muscle cars are a fun cars to drive. Pinkie would have a blast in these cars, racing up and down the tarmac.

Twilight:

0_0.jpg

Because it's practical.It can sit 4 people comfortable, but room for 6.  It's a go anywhere do anything 4WD vehicle. Thanks to the snorkel going to the roof,it can drive through the deepest of rivers.and with 2 spare tires(second one can be seen through the rear window), you'll never be stranded with a flat.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Applejack: Jeep Wrangler (90's) or some kind of 4X4 Pickup.

Rarity: Some kind of Mercedes Convertible (mid 00's)- White.

Fluttershy: probably a hippie Volkswagen Bus (60's) to cart the animals around in or maybe unfortunately a Toyota Prius.

Rainbow Dash: a "pony car" lol - A newer Camaro, Mustang, Or Challenger with a paint job that's at least 20% cooler than anyone else's.

Twilight Sparkle: An early 00's Pontiac Grand Prix, a newer Chevrolet Cruze, or a newer Volkswagen Jetta.

Pinkie Pie: Maybe a '57 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible- Pink and white, a pink Hummer H2, or maybe a VW Beetle (00's).

Edited by steve88

(edited)

Applejack: Aston Martin

Twilight: Porsche 

Pinkie Pie: Ferrari Enzo

Rarity: Rolls Royce or Bentley

Fluttershy: Hennessy Venom GT

Rainbow Dash: Saleen S7 

I see them driving sports cars rather then any other cars 'cause you know, it's the Mane Six I mean come on, did you really expect Applejack to drive a pickup? :P;)

Edited by Gemini V2

• 1 month later...

Ok, this just gave me a brilliant idea.  Twilight need to do an Equestria crossover version of this show.

"Hi, I'm Twilight Sparkle, and this is Ponies in Cars Getting Coffee."  That would be the greatest show in the world.

They would probably go for a hibrid since they wouldnt want to pollute the air...so i guess they'd all squeeze in this.

post-19589-0-00549600-1400612990.jpg

Yes, as a matter of fact I did. 

Coming from a farm myself. I can say that pick em up trucks are SO handy around a farm for pulling stuff.

So yes, I also believe that she would drive a pickuptruck and listen to that ole country gold while doing it! :P

• Brohoof 1