S04:E15 - Twilight Time  

254 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Diamond Tiara: I mean, we used to see her around town all the time, and I thought, "whatever"...

Silver Spoon: Me too. I thought that.

Diamond Tiara: But now she's a princess, which makes her totally awesome!

Silver Spoon: Plus, she has wings.

Diamond Tiara: And she's an alicorn.

That basically sums up Hasbro's opinion on Twilight.

One thing that bugs me about Season 4 is how the writers can't decide whether Twilight is famous or not. In this episode, everypony treats Twilight like a cerlebrity. Yet for some reason, when she was in Manehatten (just like those "famous celebrities" that Silver spoon mentioned) only seven episodes earlier, nopony recognized her.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I giggled at the Hay Burger scene. It was a reminder that at the beginning of the series (and, to a large degree, still at the present) she's basically a young university student. I wonder if she managed to ever lose her "freshman fifteen" if she keeps eating like that. No wonder she pants and looks like she struggles when she flies.

The bit that got me the most: Twilight wiping ketchup from her last hay burger off her face using another hay burger!

the episode itself was a pretty good addressing of the way Twilight is seen now. To most of Ponyville, she's still Twilight, because inside, and in her role in town, she hasn't changed. But to the fillies and colts who notice such things (especially, dare I say, superficial ponies like Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon), it's a big deal.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This was a pretty good episode. Twilight gets to spend time with the crusaders. Oh and of course we see the Hay Burger.

full.jpg

pinkie_pie_as_a_waiter_for_hay_burger_by

Maybe we should get an episode with a plot just like Good Burger where there is a competing fast food place.

• 5 weeks later...

This episode was definitely my least favorite. Number one reason, too much like real life where as soon as a star pops up somewhere they ,and people close to them, get mobbed by crowds demanding autographs, taking pics etc. Second reason, CMC's behavior, they knew Twi wouldn't like it but they did it anyway, just for popularity! I thought they would know that the best way to impress people is by being nice! GEEZ!!  The only thing that saved this episode from total hate was the classmates of the CMC, they were so ridiculous I forgot how to breath for a second! :lol:^_^:yay::D

This was a pretty good episode. Twilight gets to spend time with the crusaders. Oh and of course we see the Hay Burger.

img-3191349-1-full.jpg

img-3191349-2-pinkie_pie_as_a_waiter_for

Maybe we should get an episode with a plot just like Good Burger where there is a competing fast food place.

I don't think Pinkie was working there, I think she was just eating there.

• 6 months later...

Although, the episode was not my type, I liked it, since I thought it was rather successfully executed and the conflict kinda understandable :D

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I find this episode uniquely unpleasant in a way I can't really put my finger on. There's something about a mob of children crowding Twilight that bothers me significantly, and that these particular kids are far more grating than funny certainly doesn't help. The CMC aren't particularly sympathetic, as they manipulate other ponies and exploit Twilight's status all for personal gain, but Twilight is basically a nonentity. The hayburger scene is fun, and I like seeing how happy she is to teach ponies, but she feels kinda opaque here. She's in a mentor role, so she's partially just there as the voice of reason, which isn't really how I like Twilight. When she's the reasonable one, I want her to be snarky, and I like her most when she's *struggling with something*. Otherwise, she just becomes preachy and kinda boring, and to me this is the start of a trend where she grew less and less interesting all the way to the middle of season 5, where she begins to come across more as perpetually stressed out. I like that the CMC learn to take the high road here, but Twilight comes out entirely unchanged, which is fine, except that she hasn't grown an iota all season. Which again might be fine, except the rest of the episode isn't much fun at all. Goddamn, I do not like this one. 

• 1 year later...

This episode is very underrated. It took a couple of viewings to grow on me, because I found the CMC quite annoying at first, but over time I have come to appreciate it more. And the hay burger scene is so adorkable. :adorkable:

hqdefault.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Okay, so this one has settled to just being kinda boring for me. The burger scene and the climax are both spikes of energy in a relatively cynical, joke-free episode. As said, I don't really sympathize with the CMC, and I find Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon mostly annoying, so there's not a lot for me to latch onto here, although some of the small moments hold some charm when removed from context. I think my initial negative reaction had a lot to do with my distaste for Twilight being a princess, so now that it's settled I'm able to appreciate her behaviour a bit more here. This is still a much blander Twilight, but I can appreciate her sweetness in dealing with the crowd, and having her as a voice of reason makes more sense in a CMC episode. But there's nothing here similar to, say, Rainbow's difficulties with professionalism in "Flight tot he Finish," which I think would have been a nice break from the uninteresting CMC stuff. This one's growing on me a little, but the same things which have always annoyed me about it still bother me, and as much as I enjoy the CMC fixing their own mess, it's kinda too little, too late. And what's up with the pool scene? Nothing else in the episode is about that kind of exclusion, so it doesn't serve as a very good counterpart to Twilight Time itself. Ignoring that, the moral is kinda nice, though. 

Burger scene is almost worth it, though. 

Score:
Entertainment: 5/10
Characters: 4/10
Themes: 7/10

Story: 4/10
Overall: 50/100

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

meh. The plot was too realistic and that actually made the episode uncomfortable to watch. Plus, it was boring overall. Except for the burger scene, of course.

• 3 months later...

There's nothing too wrong here, but there's nothing that great either. Some of the jokes are funny, but a lot of them are dull. That's what the episode is in general. Dull. The story is fine, but it's not that interesting and there's nothing that makes this episode stick out. I forget about it often. One thing that does bother me is Twilight suddenly being famous here, yet not before becoming an alicorn despite having saved the world multiple times by that point. If the episode was more entertaining, this wouldn't be a problem, but it's not so little things stick out more.

Score: 5/10

• 6 months later...

I like this one, it was one of the most character wise we have seen from tiara and silver(up until COTLM) and twilight showed real understanding, I really liked how she was portrayed here. We also learned some things on the crusaders here. 8\10.

• 7 months later...

A simple but fun episode.  I liked it.  I must say, though, I kinda get annoyed whenever townsponies turn into a zombie-like mob and act like frickin' lunatics.  But I really loved Twilight in this episode.  Nerdy Twi who loves learning for learning's sake just melts my figurative heart for some reason.  :mlp_please:

• 1 year later...

Good and solid episode. It had some memorable moments like Twilight eating  :o What I really enjoyed in this episode was actually Twilight and not so much CMCs. Even if this is definitely not the best season 4 episode for me, I'm always up for some Twilight Time ^_^