254 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Spike is... EL NACHO KING!!!  B)

And I loved Sweetie Belle at the end!  Gotta give her credit, she is persistent if nothing else.  She be all like:

ships.gif?w=640

• Brohoof 1

Now this is how you do a Princess Twilight episod, this was really good!

• Seeing Twilight teach fillies was great! Maybe some foreshawdoing that she's going to do it in the future? Never know, but that's my guess.
  • See Sweetie Belle get better, and better at magic is what I love about this series. They continue but leave the people wanting more.
  • See Twilight finally embrace her Princess Hood is pretty great. See how she's not running away from it but giving autographs and such? Really great and I love this episode.
  • Pip was cute, glad to  see him back.
  • And sadly no  key, but we still have 11 episodes left so.

Now, did anyone else see that poster of the box with the six keys? That was pretty cool that they included that in there.

Solid 9.4/10, would watch again.

• Brohoof 5

Wow the cmc seem to kind of develop on their skills. That's always nice, I was like "Go Sweetie Belle." when she was doing her magic.

This episode had a lot of funny moments, it's a Dave Polsky episode why am I not surprised. 

Pipsqueak is back, that is always nice since I kind or like that filly. 

Hay burgers are now cannon.

Also, why is Pinkie working at the hay burger store Must be an excuse to stick in best pony.

So I guess I'll give the episode an 8/10 I guess.

• Brohoof 1

It is a good episode, it features my waifu in it

Plus, so many human things are canon now.

Like Fast-food (Murica in MLP perhaps?)

Mansions

And of course..Nachos lol.

Plus this episode is more like a privacy invasion one.

So yeah. By the way, first filipino to watch it.

• Brohoof 1

:blink: The fillies and colts of Ponyville are terrifying.

Hm...  I don't know, I just couldn't really get into this episode.  I'm not sure why.  I mean, it was a good message and everything, and I guess that they told it alright.  Maybe I just don't care for the bulk of the episode being dominated by the younger ponies.  It's sort of sad, I usually like Dave Polsky too...

Ah well, I still think that it was, overall, a fine episode.  Perhaps I'll come to appreciate it more at a later date.

• Brohoof 2

Damn you guys are a tough crowd. I thought over all it was a really well done episode. Twilight was adorable and I think you get a clear idea of how she and the writers view her princesshood. They didn't try to pack the whole cast in and does it have to have a moral?

I give it a 8.5/10. About the only thing that could have made it stronger is if Twilight talked a bit more about being a princess.

Edited by Nature's Spell
  • Brohoof 1

I liked the episode especially since Sweetie Belle did magic even though it was a levitation spell. Twilight was awesome, kind of weird seeing her being famous but still a fun episode.

Scootaloo posing made the episode though. But yeah, good episode and a good lesson.

Especially with you take into consideration she already saved Equestria several time. Then again she did put it into danger a lot of times so maybe it just cancels out?

Also Spike making Nachos, but he sadly threw them away at the end :(. Anyone notice his voice got deeper?

• Brohoof 1

Especially with you take into consideration she already saved Equestria several time. Then again she did put it into danger a lot of times so maybe it just cancels out?

Also Spike making Nachos, but he sadly threw them away at the end :(. Anyone notice his voice got deeper?

I was thinking the same thing, considering how much the mane 6 have done for Equestria it's about time, lol.

Also, Spike's voice did sound a bit deeper but he was frustrated so it makes sense.

That episode was slightly less shitty than Rainbow Falls.

Anyone who knows me knows that that is a grave insult.

Well first of all, I adored "Rainbow Falls" (though to be fair I may be slightly biased given that that episode's alternative name could've easily been "Derpy Lovefest 2014"  :derp:).

Second of all, I don't mind having an episode that's more silly than serious every once in awhile.  Twilight seemed plenty in character here (not to mention it's nice seeing a bit about how she herself has adjusted to her role as a princess and has also begun taking it upon herself to teach others in Ponyville now that she has more responsibilities), the CMC let things spiral out of control as usual (I was especially reminded of "Ponyville Confidential" by this one), and it was nice getting to see the other school fillies basically in a supporting role of their very own.  All in all, I thought it was a nice, lighthearted change of pace, one of the better silly-CMC episodes we've had in awhile (if only because Sweetie Belle was also playing a far more prominent role than she had in recent ones), and very, very funny.  Maybe it'll grow on you too Stella upon a rewatch, who knows?

• Brohoof 2

This was a really fun and cute episode! It wasn’t a huge step forward and the idea has been done before in cartoons but I really enjoyed it :)

Seeing Sweetie Belle learning to do magic was great, something I’ve been waiting for since she first appeared. Apple Bloom learning to grow plants with potions and Scootaloo learning to fix unicycles and scooters really suit what we already know about them, and they could even end up related to their cutie marks :huh:

DT’s butler Randall (I think that was his name…) Poor guy…

Silver Spoon (I’m gonna call her Silly just cuz I like calling her that) calling DT ‘Di’ was actually kinda cute

The return of Pipsqueak (and his British accent)

Twilight being considered a celebrity was strange but I guess she sort of is… The way she first reacted to the foals kinda reminded me of Tara at a con

DT has a pool

SPIKE MADE NACHOS

SPIKE MADE MORE NACHOS

The CMC in disguises. Adorable. That is all :yay:

So, yea, I liked this one. It was cute. We saw some of the foals again like Pip, Featherweight and Dinky, and Featherweight even had his camera~!

• Brohoof 2

I guess it's finally time for ol' Spikey Wikey to hit dragon puberty. Hopefully his nachos will still be good.

• Brohoof 1

I liked the episode. It wasn't awesome but it was good. I enjoyed how they finally mentioned that they have a princess living in ponyville :P I guess I would give it like.. 6/10 :) WOHOO SB can do magic!

• Brohoof 1

Oh and fast food is now cannon. i guess you can literally order a big mac now. Hopefully big mac doesn't find out.

Maybe Spike should open a nacho stand since fast food is now cannon.

Yes, I guess you CAN literally...

*Puts on sunglasses*

...order a "Big Mac" now.

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 2

Eh, I didn't care for this one. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad or anything. But it was filler and it feels like it.

I can't find anything particularly wrong with it, other than the story being very predictable.

I give it 6/10 pony points. (pony points just means its pony and therefore already not bad)

Edited by crazitaco

Twilight is so adorably humble. Celestia, Luna, and Cadence are all prim and proper and all over this princess thing and Twi is all casual and informal. The others are all wearing expensive dresses and she's more of a blue-jeans-and-t-shirt kind of gal. 

That's kind of got me warming up to the whole princess thing. She doesn't flaunt it and flaunting her royalty is the last thing on her list. :)

Anyway, this episode was alright. I mean, it could always be worse. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this one, in all honesty. I gave it a 7/10 but if you know me, 70% is a C and a C isn't good. I liked it enough. But I didn't love it. Now there were some notable moments

1. Apple Bloom sends a flower into a painful choking fit and they all just laugh at it.

2. Pinkie Pie wasn't warning you of the paparazzi behind you. She's just being Pinkie Pie.

3. Does Pinkie work two jobs now? The Cakes must have really jacked up her rent.

4. The CMC at the end and their sad "well, I guess this is the end of Twalot Toime for us. It was good while it lasted" moment that did kinda hit me in the feels. 

DT and SS always sorta leave me with a bad aftertaste though. I've never really enjoyed episodes where they were antagonists. Probably because I find them so annoying. And they only made all the other fillies and colts turn into a bunch of drooling paparazzi. It was essentially "Whole Class Turns Into TMZ."

But Twilight taking charge and putting those kids in their place...oh man that felt good. She's so adorably humble and powerful :lol:

• Brohoof 4

I, um... wow. Gotta say, this episode had the most flip-flops in my overall view of it I have ever seen.

At the start, I found it pretty alright. It introduced the idea, and to be honest, the idea that the Crusaders are working with Twilight to learn actually really shows their growths as characters, showing that they're willing to give new things a try over just plain winging it. And even getting outside help, at that.

But then, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon come in. The two hellspawns that ruin a majority of CMC episodes for me. They come in, brag, even abuse their butler (My god, that was crossing it, guys), and while I will admit the contrast of the man being so old and yet so acrobatic WAS humorous, it was unpleasant to watch overall, especially with the students somehow being stupid enough to give the credit to DT. I mean, yes, I get it, they always have the advantage in the beginning, but seriously?
... Also, side complaint, why is it that the Sunshine Sunshine dance was unofficially removed from the show and yet those horrendous little animation errors still get their Sugar Rump dance? That just brings out so much rage from me.

But then, Twilight was mentioned, and things started to get better for them. On one hoof, yes, I began to fear for the worst, knowing that they'd make things hard for Twilight, but at the same time, it was interesting to see Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon actually being lighter for a change. Even if it was all in the name of selfishness, still, it was the first time the two weren't blatantly evil, which is something I truly appreciate.

But then, the children all start crowding around Twilight in the restaraunt, and-

Actually, before I get into that point, why did they characterize Twilight as a slob? Perhaps for the sake of irony, but... it's just so unfitting for her character.

... Anyways, they were crowding around Twilight outside while she was trying to eat. I will give it credit, though, it had the decency to bring in Pinkie Pie without mutilating her character. The little appearance she had, she wasn't a nuisance at all. Completely different from the usual Pinkie Pie side-portrayal. But anyways, they were all crowding around Twilight, and I thought it was really going to bother her and make me feel too bad.

... But then, she accepts it easily, even being really nice about it. Yeah, I have to admit, I didn't think she'd take it so well. Not that it seems too out-of-character, I just thought it'd be written a little meaner, as CMC episodes tend to be. She takes it kindly, and then leaves with a smile, and the CMC are more popular. Nobody was getting hurt from anything.

... But then, they started taking advantage of their popularity, and things felt a little less than well. I knew it was going to backfire.

But then, the two demonic hellholes decide to ask the CMC to a pool party. If I can be perfectly honest, I briefly thought around this point that the episode might end making them into more friendly characters.

... But then, they've locked all the other ponies out. The CMC turn down Twilight time for the other ponies, and I begin to feel the usual CMC-episode meanspiritedness I despise so much sink in, everypony crowding around them, bursting in without permission, and whatnot. I thought for sure it was going to be Twilight's breaking point.

... But then, Twilight's okay with it. She lets them all in, and it seems like the episode can end on a pretty positive note. I was looking forward to seeing things actually work out.

... But THEN, Pip ruins it for them, and they try to prove to Twilight they still want to be apart of Twilight time. The scene was enjoyable, and seeing them work so hard to maintain their friendship was nice.

But then, it all messes up, and everypony gets mad at the three, including Twilight. And of course, once again, the bullies get off with nary a hitch.

But then, an adorable apology scene, and Twilight forgives them.

They get their own journal entry for once, and things work out, with a nice ending.

... So, um... all these differing moments... what do I think of the episode?

... I liked it. I really did. It threw so many differing moments and so many different points in the plot that could have ended in so many different ways, yet in the end, it managed to work out nicely.

Perhaps not my favorite episode, but it was better than Flight to the Finish, and a bucking godsend compared to Cutie Mark Confidential.

Overall, I give this episode a 7/10.

• Brohoof 2

I really liked this episode for 'some' reasons...

1. Sweetie Belle is best CMC

2. PIPSQUEEK AND HIS ADORABLE ACCENT

3. The moral of the story was good

4. The end where the CMCs were upset... that hit me

5. Twilight made me laugh by eating like a pig

6. One of the ponies in the background was eating and it look wierd and made me laugh

7. Diamond Tiara and Silver spoon turn around and pretend to be their friends

8. Diamond Tiara's house is pretty badass

9. And most of all, adorable ponies

• Brohoof 4

That was a cute, fun episode about becoming unexpectedly popular and doing things for the right reasons. :)

My thoughts:

-The CMC's thing has always been taking things apart and putting them together. So Scootaloo's inability to rebuild a unicycle by herself seems uncharacteristic.

-Glad to see Sweetie finally learning to use telekinesis. 

-Nice to see Apple Bloom wanting to learn how to make potions. She really looks up to Zecora. :)

-Claire Corlett's/Sweetie Belle's voice has changed. It's a lot lower now. She can still squeak but it isn't the same. :( I can't fault Claire for getting older but because MLP seems to work on a sliding timescale, she's aging faster than Sweetie Belle is. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo sound older too, understandably, but the change doesn't seem as drastic.

-Twilight's role as a teacher here seemed fitting considering her own love of learning and her admiration of Princess Celestia.  So it was cool to see her passing on knowledge to a younger generation. 

-I knew it would be only a matter of time before somepony got excited about having a princess in their midst. I wasn't expecting it to be school kids though.

-Scoot's hoof is just as shiny as AppleJewel's. :wub:

-The kids chanting Twilight Time was too cute.

-Commercial break: Instead of Stompeez, we get Snackeez! :lol:

-Possible continuity nod:  Was Spike's "Aw come on!" supposed to remind us of Sweetie Belle's from Hearts and Hooves Day?  :huh:

So while a good lesson was demonstrated, this was not Twilight's rainbow moment. Which isn't too surprising as I suspect the other five ponies will have to precede her.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 4