254 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Just watched it, and I enjoyed it!

I saw Berrypunch and Colgate eating together, that was interesting..

It was a good episode, and I enjoyed twilight in it

Gave me some good laughs, especially when the ponies were trying to break down the gate xD

Just watched it, and I enjoyed it!

It was a good episode, and I enjoyed twilight in it

Gave me some good laughs, especially when the ponies were trying to break down the gate xD

The gate scene was creeping me out a little. Mostly cause of that mad, drooling orange pony. What the hay was up with him?

Posessed, much?

I absolutely loved this episode, but then of course as this 8 second video I just made shows, that's hardly a surprise

http://youtu.be/qNfO_f3l9Yc

But aside from that, I thought it was a well written episode, and I thought it was cute and fun, and I liked how the CMCs have a little Twilight Time and are learning fun stuff.

I also would add since I wanted to just say, those other ponies with there mainstream looking razor scooters and helmets looked a bit boring and last year compared to Scootaloos cool crash helmet and her retro, skateboard scooter xD.

So all in all 10/10: don't really know what to say about this episode other than enjoyed it a lot :)

• Brohoof 1

I liked the episode.

I was glad they didn't shub the "look at their flanks" thing at us in this episode, rather they just sort of went along with what they were doing.

I think this is the first time DT and SS aren't always trying to put down the Cutie Mark Crusaders with every chance they had. I mean, I thought it was adorable when they saw Twilight with such admiration and awe.

Also, Sweetie Belle squeaked a lot.

Twilight: +1

• Brohoof 2

Another great episode. I'm starting to wonder if the CMC will be getting their cutie marks soon.

wouldn't that signify their story is done which means they are ending each character's stories eventually making a closure to the show?

I thought the episode was complete garbage, The script was trash. and even some of the acting on this was garbage.. This episode single handily remained me why I hate spoil, bratty, self center, me me me kids with no regards for respect for others *look at you sweeaty bell ..  no kid should be that easily forgiven for basically being a %&(#&%# ..

uggg I hated this ep...

the only good thing that may have came out of this ep was a few of scoots lines

Edited by MadDoggyca

Howdy all!

Saw the episode and its pretty good.

Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon wasnt brats in this one I was like :blink:

Good to see Pip again.

Poor Spike making those nachos :lol:

The burger joint secene was pretty funny.

Twilight sure was hungry :lol:

The CMCs sure learned a lesson in hanging around the princess ;)

Give David Polsky credit.

It was laugher.

See ya!

"Awwww...what can I say? This episode was outstanding! Well done Cutie Mark Crusaders!" 

"I've got a good feeling that these three fillies, including Sweetie Belle have a great future ahead of them. *wipes away tears*" 

Need I say more? Although this week's quick write up is a bit short in terms of content, the above tweets are really summing up how I feel about the episode when it went to air this morning. 

When I first heard about the episode when the synopsis and title were released a while back, I thought it was going to be a time travelling episode where the CMC's would use the potion to turn back the clock and cause chaos (time paradox), but after watching the first few minutes and seeing Sweetie Belle and her fellow friends under the guidance of Twilight and learning some new skills really made me proud for some reason.

Seeing Twilight in a new role as a teacher and a mentor to the CMC really brought the best out in all of them during this episode, especially Sweetie Belle who actually managed the situation with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon in a calm and collective manner. 

Apart from that, there isn't much else to say in this write up as the episode itself told the story as a whole.

Also as a bit of a side note, I'm feeling a major sense of pride right now for the CMC. True and honest.

When I saw Sweetie practising her magic and using her horn, I immediately thought of how Rarity would be feeling at that point in the episode knowing her little sister, despite the fair share of pain and frustration is finally making a mark in her life.

For all three fillies (plus Babs) who from the start of the series tried and tried endlessly to find their special talent and had their fair share of hard knocks, sisterly fights, run ins with Diamond and Silver and even pulling off the impossible, I've got a good feeling that despite the series going for an extra five years that the CMC's will continue to grow and mature to the point that one day they will finally find their special talent and obtain their cutie mark goal.

I also have written my full thoughts on the episode itself on my blog, which can be viewed here.

Also I thought I put together a post episode reaction art piece which took place after the event (spoilered for large file size):

Edited by rjrgmc28

While it wasn't as good as Flight to the Finish, this episode still worked well as a development vehicle for the Cutie Mark Crusaders. When I started watching this show, I couldn't stand the CMC because of their complete lack of progression. Now that the show is finally taking time to develop them, I find I'm able to like them a lot more than I did previously.

And while Twilight Time may not have been as big a step forward as Sleepless in Ponyville, Sisterhooves Social, or the more recent Flight to the Finish, it still keeps up the trend and delivers a very competent story.

I'm not sure that the 1-10 rating scale and the A-F letter grading scale should correspond in the way you stated here. I would think that, on the 1-10 rating scale, 1 might be "terrible", 5 "average", and 10 "awesome". I would also think that, to the extent that one would try to use the A-F grading scale for episodes, that F might be "terrible", C "average", and A "awesome".

Maybe it's a video game rating system.  No...than 80% would be terrible and 70% would be okay.

Let the shipping...BEGIN!

a.k.a. "The One Where it Sounds Like All the Kids in Town Have Hit Puberty".

It was okay. Amusing and entertaining, with the CMC's VAs clearly having a good time ("If I don't smile during a picture, I just look sad."), but nothing to write home about. The idea wasn't that interesting to begin with (I find it hard to believe Polsky wrote this one), and the whole thing feels kind of filler-ish. There's no real sense of forward momentum; stuff just sort of happens and everyone is just sort of "okay, whatever". It doesn't feel like I watched a complete story. Just a collection of scenes. I know slice of life is just suppose to be just that, but look at other slice of life episodes like last week's "Filly Vanilli". There's a clear plot thread running through the episode and feels like it's building up to something, like any halfway decent story should.

There's some weird stuff, too. It's nice to finally see ponies reacting to the fact that Twilight is a princess, but it comes a bit out of nowhere and the kids act really obsessive about it. And why do the CMC act like they give a crap about what Diamond and Silver think of them at this point?

Not all that great, but it doesn't really do anything bad or terrible either. It's just there. I guess it's cool that Sweetie is learning magic, though.

• Brohoof 2

I loved it. Great episode. Hmm, let's see... Some people say DT and SS ruined the episode, but I say they were a lot more tolerable than, pretty much every other episode. They didn't completely act like a-holes to the CMC, and I don't think they detracted from the episode. I still don't like them though. Sweetie Belle did magic, too, which was incredible. Twilight eating like a slob was both funny and adorable at the same time. I thought all the school fillies getting overexcited over Twilight was funny. Also, Pipsqueak! And he looked insanely adorable without his pirate costume :squee:  I mean how can this not look adorable: pipsqueak_by_lockhe4rt-d4s5pa4.png

The spots really do it for me :P

But all in all, a great episode, and another fantastic piece of work by Mr Polsky. 10/10

Edited by FlutterBatBro

I liked how Twilight was behaving how you would picture a younger Celestia to be like. A true princess.

But Sweetie Bell was all over the place in this episode. May need to double check her programming.

• Brohoof 1

Hey, here's Pixel Stick with another set of opinions, where he hasn't done any reading through the thread whatsoever to tell if anyone else has already said the same thing. :)

Not really one of my favorites this season, honestly.  My main complaint is: Twilight's been living in Ponyville for a while now, and EVERYPONY IN EQUESTRIA knew she'd turned into a princess already.  So why is it that all the kids in Ponyville are only just now discovering that there's a princess in town?  That really hurt my head - it was one of the negative points for me in this episode.

The rest of the episode, overall, was a big piece of "meh" for me - about the only thing I genuinely liked was that they kept some consistency with the CMC's individual talents - specifically, Applebloom's dabbling in potions and Scootaloo's apparent knack for mechanics.  I suppose it's sort of expected that unicorns will eventually master telekinesis, so it makes sense for Sweetie Belle to be practicing that.

But I honestly didn't like the constant chanting of "TWILIGHT TIME!", which seemed to both turn the rest of the CMC's class into little more than a zombie horde, and also felt like it was well beneath their intelligence.  (I've always had the impression of the kids in the school being the equivalent of 7-10 years old, but "TWILIGHT TIME!" sounds more like something you'd throw at a young toddler.)

And finally, what was the moral here?  I know there was one, but it felt awfully weak for an MLP episode.

At the moment, I'm ranking this episode as second-worst of the season, right behind Daring Don't.

But Sweetie Bell was all over the place in this episode. May need to double check her programming.

INITIATE DOUBLE-COVER PROGRAM...

ERROR: INCONSISTENT APPEARANCE.  DIVERSION REQUIRED.

(Are you referring to the same joke as I am?)

Edited by Pixel Stick
  • Brohoof 1

I've gotta say, I'm not entirely sure what so many people have against Dave Polsky.  Honestly, almost everything he's done in the show has been pretty good.  I mean, yeah.  His episodes tend to be a little over the top and lack concise morals at times, but they're still entertaining to watch.

As for this episode, all I can say is, thank goodness they've finally started to recognize Twilight as a Princess.  Her being a Princess is something that should contribute to the storyline and character development for not only Twilight, but the rest of the cast as well.  That was a big change for the characters.  It isn't something you just brush under the rug, especially with the build up to her becoming one in the last two seasons. 

Now I mentioned in a previous post that the only real misstep of this season so far has been the fact that there's been little to no reference to her new title, almost as if they weren't sure what to do with it.  So I'm definitely glad that they're finally starting to pay it some mind, even if it took half the season to start doing so.

Edited by SBaby