• Honesty
    • Loyalty
    • Trust
    • Kindness
    • Laughter
    • Generosity
    • Understanding
    • Support

xD !! The cool way of saying understanding? Well I guess it's a little different. I could add it if you want

I did actually choose understanding in the poll, as I guess it is close. But an understanding person can still be understanding for you, but not for others. With a chill person, the understanding is usually mutual.

• Brohoof 1

If there was an all of the above option i would have gone with that. :P  To me , a good friendship is about supporting, sticking out for your pals, having a laugh and sharing a good feel. 

• Brohoof 1

I voted "trust" but honestly, all of those qualities make for great friends.  I like to be friends with people I can laugh with, for instance. There has to be understanding for the potential for a long-term friendship. But, I like to have AT LEAST one friend with whom I have a high level of trust.  Someone I can talk to about things and be really, deeply honest.  Loyalty ties into that... you don't want to discuss deep secrets/emotions with someone and then have them either walk away or spread your business out for the world to see.

• Brohoof 1

Interesting reply :D Do you think its not possible to have a friend that you don't trust? I find I have a good amount of friends, but there is only one I really trust. Maybe I just have trust problems xD I see what you mean though

Of course it's not impossible to have a friend you don't trust. O: Some people are just not trustworthy. The "friend" title doesn't automatically change a personality or trait X3 so yeah. If you have a reason not to trust someone, it's probably valid.

Someone that is loyal, and is not a complete jerk, that's all you need in a friend.

So they can be a jerk, but not a complete jerk?

:P I'm just kidding! I absolutely agree!

• Brohoof 2

I should also add to mine, the ability to take a joke and have a sense of humor. My brothers, and some of my good friends and I, like to be asses to each other somes, flip shit and such, but its not serious.

• Brohoof 2

I value honesty and as well acceptance. My closets friends have accepted me at some of my worst points in life and I cannot express in words of how grateful I have been of them.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I love being around my friends because, to a degree, I can be myself. They don't care how silly you seem, because if they know you and accept you for who you are, then they're a good friend.

However, I can't deny that a few of my friends make fun of my for liking MLP. I try to stay discreet about it, but they did find out. It's the one thing I avoid when I'm with them; it ain't too hard.

Edited by Dashabel
  • Brohoof 1

Kindness, Loyalty, honesty, laughter, generosity..... These.

I value these the most.

True friendship comes from all five of these qualities. I will always stand by that.

That's party why I love MLP so much. In my opinion, it captures what friendship truly is and should be.

I value this so much because I only have 2 friends in the whole world. I just don't reach out to people. I can't.

I remember when I started watching MLP, I had zero friends.

But I saw how friendship could be, I saw the friendship of the mane 6... and it made me sad because I didn't think I'd ever be able to find what they have.

All my past friendships have crumbled.

But I did find it.

MLP has made me want to be a better friend and person. I strive to apply those qualities to myself every time the opportunity is presented to me.

:)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had to go with understanding because that's something I never seem to have with friends

and when I feel misunderstood it's a very lonely and bad feeling

It'd be nice to be friends with someone who had the ability to put themselves in my shoes and discuss things with me

• 6 years later...

I choose laughter. Understanding and support are important, but you can't really enjoy the friendship without laughing and kidding around with your friends

• Brohoof 1

I'd have to go with loyalty because I would like to have friends who aren't going to turn on me at a moments notice, also value trust highly for similar reasons and kindness is another value I think is important.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a hard ball. I think there are several things required for an actual worthy friendship. And I think patience/tolerance is missing on this pol xD

Either way, as Shado said, understanding and honesty are very important. But I think tolerance is something that should really be a must in any friendship, because if we aren't tolerant with each other we can't get along on the long run.

Being honest to your friends is really important because your friends deserve to know who you really are and not just think they know you. If they can accept even if they don't agree with you, then they are true friends for the most part.

Understanding is sort of a yes and no, because it is unlikely we can understand someone else's viewpoint. And that's when tolerance kicks in. If we can't understand how they feel and the way they think, we should tolerate them as long as they are not being actually harmful. Tolerating a friend's differences is what can make two very different people find peace and be able to bond for the better. Unlike somepony I know who is so petty on whoever disagrees with him he's up to trash a friendship disregard how loyal or supporting his friends might be.

Loyalty, too, is important. What friend can one be if one is up to give up on those who would give a hoof for you?

It won't matter how generous or kind you are or how many laughs can you pull off if you get easily offended by differences, you lie and you don't mind giving up your friends as if they were things rather than ponies.

• Brohoof 1