Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I have a question about my account

Bright Knowledge
Go to solution Solved by Clarity,

Click on your username on the bar at the top of the site. Click on "My Settings," then click "Display Name" from the list of options on the left side. You can change your name up to three time in 30 days. 

AI4qt2A.png

You can access this page through the big black "Edit your profile" button on your profile page.

Unfortunately, however, you cannot change your log-in username – it remains the username you first used when registering on this site.

• Brohoof 4

Well here are the steps for it:

• Click your name in the Nav Bar (the black bar at the top of the page)
  • Click Profile Settings
  • Look for a tab on the left side called Display Name
  • Set your name

As for your log in details you can't change your log in name. (To my knowledge)

Hey Bright, have you figured out how to change your display name yet? ^_^
Or do you require further assistance?

Okay, I understand. Then would it be possible to delete my account so I could have a second chance and to start over?

Unfortunately no. Accounts cannot be deleted by members, and the administration does not remove accounts by request or in practice in general. If you have any issues at all with your display name or account name, an administrator can manually change either appropriately, if needed :)

• Brohoof 4

Which would be the better option at this point?

1. ask an admin nicely to change the I into a Y in the first part of my username

2. to make a new account with the preferred spelling of my username

You should ask an admin to change your username if you are not able to change it yourself. However, you should be able to change it yourself following the instructions in Akemi Homura's post.

Making alternate accounts is generally against the rules, as outlined in this FAQ article.

Edited by SCS
Added additional information.
  • Brohoof 3

• 3 months later...

Hey @@Bright Knowledge. ^^

You've been inactive for quite sometime, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

If you ever become active once again, and still have this issue, we'll be happy to open this thread back up and continue working on this issue.

Just remember to contact a staff member! ^^

Thanks, and have a good one!

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.