Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Meet up at a restaurant after the Con?

Troblems

I'm just checking to see who would be interested in going to dinner one of the nights after the convention. I've not looked into where it would be or anything like that, but I'm curious if anyone might want to hang out one of the nights. Or more than one.

I was thinking of this too!  I'm definitely in :D

I was thinking it would be nice to do it on Friday night so that we can get to know people before the convention is almost over.

My thought was cheap. Luckily, I live only about an hour away, but between flights, hotel, transportation, etc that something close by that is sit down but not at all fancy that will accept a bunch of grouchy, tired, hungry bronies would be good. Something along the lines of Coco's. Something a bit nicer than Denny's, but not by much. Maybe Pizza.

My thought was cheap. Luckily, I live only about an hour away, but between flights, hotel, transportation, etc that something close by that is sit down but not at all fancy that will accept a bunch of grouchy, tired, hungry bronies would be good. Something along the lines of Coco's. Something a bit nicer than Denny's, but not by much. Maybe Pizza.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing.  I like the pizza idea... it's dirt cheap and most everybody is happy with pizza.

Except my gluten intolerant non-brony husband. He's being a good sport though, to come with me. Anyways, I like Friday night too. It would be nice to do it Thursday night, but not everyone will be there at that point.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I'm not coming in until Friday morning either... plus I think a lot of the people who came in on Thursday would probably be a bit too tired from traveling to do a big social thing that same day.

Edited by Simon

I was planing to eat at the Hotel over the weekend (but i wouldn't mind going out Thursday or Sunday). 

Just FYI the hotel website says the restaurant is only open for dinner on select days so you might have to go somewhere else to eat anyway... plus the prices are pretty expensive... it was about $15 for a lunch salad.

Just FYI the hotel website says the restaurant is only open for dinner on select days so you might have to go somewhere else to eat anyway... plus the prices are pretty expensive... it was about $15 for a lunch salad.

I just looked at that, and there is food every night (http://www.sanfranciscoairport.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/KnucklesHistoricalSportsBar.html). while it is expensive, how close is food from the hotel, how much are taxis, how much is parking, and other such costs.

I am not saying we should not have food outside of the con, i just would like more info about what is near by.

There is a place that just open thats across the street from the hotel called Day & Night All American Grill & Catering.

Oooooh! Thanks for the heads up that actually looks like a pretty good spot to do this at :D

Sounds like it might be fun, but i feel i should ask ages. Making plans to meet up with minors for dinner over the internet sounds a little sketchy, no? xD

I agree, but we are meeting in a public area (hopefully with friends). Anyway i am 25 

I'm 21 so no problem here. I don't think it will be an issue though... it's not like it's a meetup at someone's house... it's just a group from the convention eating at the same spot... if anybody's parents had an issue with that I don't think they'd be going to the con to begin with.

• Brohoof 1

Hopefully I can find the time to meet up also! This sounds like a great idea. Maybe I can look up other places to eat around convention. I live in SF, so should be easy >.> Also! I'm 24 :D!

There are a few other restaurant's around the area that are close such as The Elephant Bar and a Benihana.

both of those are on the more pricey side, but very tasty