Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Meet up at a restaurant after the Con?

Troblems

Food? Friends? Bronies hanging out with food and becoming friends??? I'm so in! Also... I'm... 33.. *feels old, now* :(

LineMonkey, I have you beat in age.  And I'm feeling like the ponies participating might feel I'm just a little too old to be in the group.  I've never attended an MLP convention before and I don't want to be bullied for being too old.  :-) 

So this question is for everypony.  Should I stay in my room or join in?

LineMonkey, I have you beat in age.  And I'm feeling like the ponies participating might feel I'm just a little too old to be in the group.  I've never attended an MLP convention before and I don't want to be bullied for being too old.  :-) 
Don't worry, nopony is gonna bully you for being too old <3  If there's one thing we all have learned, it's that nobody is too old for ponies.  Besides, if they do we can sick the military bronies on them.
  • Brohoof 1

Don't worry, nopony is gonna bully you for being too old <3  If there's one thing we all have learned, it's that nobody is too old for ponies.  Besides, if they do we can sick the military bronies on them.

Thank you Simon.  I might just show up. 

Do! We'll have fun! If nothing else, we can commiserate about the whippersnappers running amuck. :lol:

Ah but what if you are a whipersnapper in my eyes????  :blink:  Thanks for the laugh.  I'm convinced.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't mind doing this, as this is going to be my first time in San Fran, and one of the reasons I opted to come in Thursday was so I had time for some sightseeing before the con.  It would also be nice to meet more brony fronds.

I also wouldn't worry about being too old.  I've gone to meetups where everybody was in the 12-19 age range, which made me feel like a dinosaur.  I think it's all the better to hang around a more mature crowd.

Edited by FoqueMe

I wouldn't mind doing this, as this is going to be my first time in San Fran, and one of the reasons I opted to come in Thursday was so I had time for some sightseeing before the con.  It would also be nice to meet more brony fronds.

I also wouldn't worry about being too old.  I've gone to meetups where everybody was in the 12-19 age range, which made me feel like a dinosaur.  I think it's all the better to hang around a more mature crowd.

what is this maturity you speak of?

what is this maturity you speak of?

Touché.  I guess I could say "of legal drinking age".  It's makes me feel odd being the only one that can order wine at dinner.

Food? Friends? Bronies hanging out with food and becoming friends??? I'm so in! Also... I'm... 33.. *feels old, now* :(

It's ok! My boyfriend is 34 and he's joining along with me to the convention! We are all gathering to meet new friends and not be in such a hostile environment :)! I'm sure everypony respects one another :D We are all bronies!

• Brohoof 1

If you can settle on a place that's easily reached from the hotel, either on foot or by public transportation, I'm game for a little post-con chow-down. And I have the edge on at least two of you when it comes to age; in just under four months, I'll start my fifth decade on this earth. 

Now that we have a preliminary schedule (http://www.babscon.com/events/) I was thinking we could actually start figuring out when to do this.

If we wanted to do it on Friday, I think the only time would be about 7 pm after the writing panel is done... before that there's basically always a panel going on with official staff, so I really don't think people would want to miss those.  The problem with that is that at the moment, that is the time when they have the VIP meet and greet planned, so people with the bigger passes couldn't go with us.

Saturday is going to be hard too... if we want to do it then we'd basically have to all agree on a staff panel to miss or wait till about 9 pm.  

We could wait till after the convention is over on Sunday and then we wouldn't miss anything.  The problem with that is that not everybody will be staying Sunday night.

The last option I can think of is to meet early on Saturday morning before anything really starts for breakfast.  The con doesn't start until 10 am on Saturday so we could meet at about 8 am, and have breakfast without having to worry about missing anything.  Plus most everybody will be there on Saturday, so everybody should be able to come.  I personally think this would work out the best.

Any other ideas?

Now that we have a preliminary schedule (http://www.babscon.com/events/) I was thinking we could actually start figuring out when to do this.

If we wanted to do it on Friday, I think the only time would be about 7 pm after the writing panel is done... before that there's basically always a panel going on with official staff, so I really don't think people would want to miss those.  The problem with that is that at the moment, that is the time when they have the VIP meet and greet planned, so people with the bigger passes couldn't go with us.

Saturday is going to be hard too... if we want to do it then we'd basically have to all agree on a staff panel to miss or wait till about 9 pm.  

We could wait till after the convention is over on Sunday and then we wouldn't miss anything.  The problem with that is that not everybody will be staying Sunday night.

The last option I can think of is to meet early on Saturday morning before anything really starts for breakfast.  The con doesn't start until 10 am on Saturday so we could meet at about 8 am, and have breakfast without having to worry about missing anything.  Plus most everybody will be there on Saturday, so everybody should be able to come.  I personally think this would work out the best.

Any other ideas?

or we can do it on Thursday before the con starts

or we can do it on Thursday before the con starts
A lot of people (myself included) won't be there on Thursday.  Plus most of the people that are coming in on Thursday are going to be getting in late and probably don't want to run out and have a big meetup right after they get off the plane.

A lot of people (myself included) won't be there on Thursday.  Plus most of the people that are coming in on Thursday are going to be getting in late and probably don't want to run out and have a big meetup right after they get off the plane.

that is probably true, but we can always leave that option out there.

same for Sunday after the con.

that is probably true, but we can always leave that option out there.

same for Sunday after the con.

I think breakfast Saturday morning might be the best idea.  The only down side I can see to that is the time constraint.  If we get there early enough we will probably beat the rush but if we don't it won't be as relaxed as going at the end of the day. 

I won't be there on Thursday- I'm driving in very early Friday.  I could stay Sunday and leave after dinner but some ponies probably want to use this to meet ponies for the weekend and Sunday is meeting and saying goodbye pretty quickly.

I just looked at the schedule and it appears it is going on late into the night Friday and even wee hours of the morning.  It looks like there is something going on all the time.  I never expected it to be going on so late.

Friday night could work.  I have the VIP meet and greet to go to but assuming there will be finger food or apples at it, then those of us going to that could meet up with everypony else after.  Try to time it for dessert time.  I don't know how many of those responding would be effected by the VIP meet.  It might only be me in which case do what's best for everyone else.

I doubt if every pony who wants to attend is at least 21 but if they are, we could also meet late in the lounge. 

Oh heck, you are all calling us people instead of ponies.  I'll stop correcting my entry!

Edited by Diva Pony

I'm starting to like the Saturday breakfast idea. What I'd like to see on the event schedule is a little more description of what's going on when; then I can get a better idea of what I most want to see.

Well we could always have a Saturday breakfast meetup, and then meet up a second time Sunday night after the convention.  As far as where we would meet, if we're going to do a breakfast meetup we could either do the breakfast buffet at the hotel which I believe is $20 a person or we could find a good breakfast spot outside the hotel and meet there.  Either works for me, but I think the buffet might be too pricey for some people.

Whatever you guys decide on, I'm down with it. I'll be flying in from Tokyo on the 16th and leaving by noon on the 21st so that's plenty of time for me.  ;) I'd personally prefer finding a diner near the hotel rather than the hotel buffet. They are usually pretty overpriced considering what you get.

Edited by K.K. Slider
  • Brohoof 2