Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Meet up at a restaurant after the Con?

Troblems

Eeeyup... I'm from Las Vegas originally, so I'm usually not to impressed with hotel buffets, but it's an option.  But I looked and the Day and Night Grill by the hotel has a nice selection for breakfast and is pretty cheap... http://dayandnightgrill.com/menu/

I mean, I'm always happy with 10 dollar steak and eggs :D

I think the Saturday morning idea makes the most sense. I'll be there early  afternoon Thursday if we want to do two different times. Only time I have a problem with is Sunday. Because I wasn't the one making the flight plans I'm stuck having to leave at 3pm. I also turn 21 on the 13th.

Whatever you guys decide on, I'm down with it. I'll be flying in from Tokyo on the 16th and leaving by noon on the 21st so that's plenty of time for me.  ;) I'd personally prefer finding a diner near the hotel rather than the hotel buffet. They are usually pretty overpriced considering what you get.

Flying in from Tokyo?  Well I would guess that if there is an award for the farthest travelled, you would win!  I love Tokyo so much- you have the very best Disneyland in the entire world!  Been there twice.

Anyhow, sounds like Saturday breakfast is a go but we have to decide time and where.  I'm fine with the buffet or a restaurant. 

And I like Simon's idea of going out after the Con on Sunday night.  It ends just short of 6:00 so grabbing a bite before hitting the road makes total sense.

Well we can always open up a poll to vote on when/where.  I'm thinking Saturday at about 7 or 8 am to give us time to eat and get to the con before anything starts.  As for where, I'm thinking the Day and Night Grill would work good for a nice balance between being cheap, nice, and nearby.  As for a second meetup, we could always talk Saturday morning and if we feel like meeting up a second time plan it then.  It might be easier to do it that way than worrying about planning two separate meetups before the con.

• Brohoof 1

Good idea about planning for Sunday on Saturday morning. 

I clicked on the menu that Simon provided and it looks good to me.  I just looked and they open at 7am.  And it looks like the Con doesn't start up again until 10:00.   Considering some will be staying up late the night before, maybe 7:30 would beat the rush but give us an extra half hour sleep?

I do like the idea of staying in the hotel but breakfast buffets are pretty overpriced.  However I just looked at the hotel website and they have a restaurant called the Swiftwater Deli and they serve breakfast sandwiches.  It might be easier to stay in the hotel.  And if we are taking up the tables for too long we could take our sandwiches and coffee into a lounge area and eat there.

But if you have your hearts set on a big full breakfast, probably Day and Night Grill would work better.

Edited by Diva Pony

Yeah I'm thinking Day and Night Grill would work better too.  I think the issue with the Deli would be that it is probably more of a grab food on the way out thing and not really set up to have a group stay for an extended period of time.  Plus based on the prices of all the other places in the hotel, it's probably way overpriced.  I'd rather walk accross the street and pay ten bucks for steak and eggs than a piece of sausage on a muffin xD

This is a really great idea, and I think this Day and Night Grill place will be fine :D

Also, Diva Pony, don't worry about age, I'm 28 and I'm going and I'm gonna wear nothing but Pony shirts while I'm there XD

• Brohoof 1

Well I'm hesitant to pick a time for sure until @, has had a chance to talk... I don't want to completely hijack this xD

But unless anybody has objections I think 7:30 am on Saturday at Day and Night Grill sounds good :D  And then once Troblems lets us know if that's okay, I think it'd be best if one of us has everybody who wants to go PM them so we can get an idea of how many people will be there and make a reservation closer to the convention :D

• Brohoof 1

sorry :(  but at 7:30am I'll be asleep, cuse that week ill be working :okiedokielokie: and im going to have to take Fryday off :( just so I could make it. Saterday ill be asleep if theres a PM goup ill join :D cuse im more a night pony anyways.

Well then since @, doesn't have a problem with it, if anybody who wants to go could PM me so I can get an idea of how many people will be going, I'd appreciate it.  And then when it gets closer to the con, I'll make a reservation.

But, I think everybody's happy with that time and place, so we'll do it at 7:30 am on Saturday at the Day and Night Grill.  And then if we decide to meet a second time, I'll make sure to post the time and place for that meeting on here so people who don't come on Saturday know when it will be.

I won't be getting up until 8am at the earliest. Plus even if you come in a few minutes late you won't miss much, speaking as someone who went to Bronycon last year (and was injured for most of the con). 

fyi for me it is convenience>>>>money when it comes to cons. The more central the location the easier it is for all involved. plus if we eat at the Stillwater we can stake out a choice spot inline.

Edited by easymac
  • Brohoof 1

fyi for me it is convenience>>>>money when it comes to cons. The more central the location the easier it is for all involved. plus if we eat at the Stillwater we can stake out a choice spot inline.
Well if enough people want to switch restaurants we can, but based on what people have been saying I think the grill will work best.  It's right across the street from the hotel and it's cheap so it's a good balance between cost and location.  And plus we're planning on meeting pretty early so we should be finished with the meetup before the con even gets started.  Which btw, even though I'll be there at 7:30 and that's the start time, there's no reason you can't show up later or leave earlier than other people.  Heck, if you want to just stop in and get some to-go food and talk for a few minutes you can do that too. 
  • Brohoof 4

Well so far I have myself, Diva Pony, easymac and 11thdoctorwhooves down as going.  

If anybody else is planning on coming I'd appreciate you sending me a PM in the next week or two so I know... I want to get a semi-accurate count so I can make a reservation since I expect most of the restaurants in the area will be busy with the convention going on and Easter weekend.

And in case anybody didn't see, the meetup is going to be at 7:30 am on Saturday at the Day & Night All American Grill which is right across the street from the hotel.

Edited by Simon

• 2 weeks later...

To update everybody, I have the following people who have RSVP'd:

Myself

@

@@Diva Pony

@@easymac

and @@loyalty embers + 2 guests

If anybody else wants to go besides the seven of us, please try to send me a PM by the end of the week.  You can still come if you don't RSVP, but you might have to wait for another table to open up since I won't know you're coming.

I'm going to try to make a reservation this week, but I'm not sure whether the restaurant takes reservations.  If they don't I'll just get to the restaurant a bit early to get us a table.

It also occurred to me that since none of us know each other, it might be difficult to find our group.  I'll try to be at the restaurant around 7:00-7:15, so if you get there a little bit early you'll probably find me at the front.  If I'm not at the front and it's past 7:30 then we're probably already seated.  I'll be in a Fluttershy or Snowdrop shirt and I know a few others in our group will be sporting some ponies, so just look for a group that fits that description and go up and ask if they're the MLP Forums meetup group.  I'll also be sure to check my PM's from my phone so if you can't find us shoot me a message on here.  If anybody is super paranoid about finding the group, shoot me a pm and I'll work something out.

Thanks everybody!  I'm really looking forward to this :D