Youtube Layout  

50 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new layout?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have a youtube

(edited)

I see no difference.

The new channel layout was from a long ago, you can leave it classic or with the new layout, it's optional, i hope they don't change that.

Edited by El Lechero

I see no difference.

The new channel layout was from a long ago, you can leave it classic or with the new layout, it's optional, i hope they don't change that.

They have changed it to forced new layout.

OMG, a new layout that looks neat and nice?

What is this blasphemy!

But the with old layout you could see information on the person and you could see what the person's favorites were!!

They have changed it to forced new layout.

I can't believe it, i just seen my profile and it's with new layout.

New layout sucks, it's very messy and the videos are organized by a 1 year old baby.

Youtube is going to hell.

• Brohoof 1

I see no difference.

it was, when they said they were testing the new layout, or whatever. but they said that the change was gonna be mandatory long ago, iirc.

yeah, the new channel design is awful, but that's it. the general layout is fine.

and it's nothing worth getting your panties in a twist about. why rage about a layout change when there are worse thing to worry about? seriously.

(edited)

Three words on the matter, and this is extremely harsh:

Adapt or GTFO.

And I for one have adapted many months ago already, so there's literally nothing else to hate.

What I don't like about society is its extreme intolerance to change.

Guess what. If not for change, we'd still be stuck in 2003, Windows XP, and 240p. If a website looks old, newcomers will be deterred. Old users will move on and newcomers fill in the gap. If everything stays the same, the userbase will shrink.

Look at IBM. They said "Nobody needs a personal computer." What happened? Someone started selling PCs, and IBM lost business. Had they not changed their tactics, no one would be talking about IBM other than its failures.

Edited by GDO29Anagram
  • Brohoof 2

Adapt or GTFO.

And I for one have adapted many months ago already, so there's literally nothing else to hate.

I always adapted to youtube, to it's changed and a lot of things, but the new layout sucks, at least, it should be more organized.

it was, when they said they were testing the new layout, or whatever. but they said that the change was gonna be mandatory long ago, iirc.

yeah, the new channel design is awful, but that's it. the general layout is fine.

and it's nothing worth getting your panties in a twist about. why rage about a layout change when there are worse thing to worry about? seriously.

I didn't rage, i just complained.

Adapt or GTFO.

What I don't like about society is its extreme intolerance to change.

Guess what. If not for change, we'd still be stuck in 2003, Windows XP, and 240p. If a website looks old, newcomers will be deterred. Old users will move on and newcomers fill in the gap. If everything stays the same, the userbase will shrink.

Look at IBM. They said "Nobody needs a personal computer." What happened? Someone started selling PCs, and IBM lost business. Had they not changed their tactics, no one would be talking about IBM other than its failures.

I am fine with change, but this layout sucks. I can't adapt to something that sucks. I don't think anypony can. It is unorganized, and I can find anything. I can't see anyone's information, and so I don't know anything about them. Who can adapt to such stupidity?

• Brohoof 2

I didn't rage, i just complained.

i was just speaking in general. i've seen a lot of foul comments coming from this layout change of YT, and i honestly don't see why you would spend so much energy reacting to something like this.
  • Brohoof 2

What new layout? It's been like this forever.

Anyways. Complain all you want. It's their site and they can do whatever the hell they want with it. You don't like it, leave. Although I know you'll be back for ponies

I am fine with change, but this layout sucks. I can't adapt to something that sucks. I don't think anypony can. It is unorganized, and I can find anything. I can't see anyone's information, and so I don't know anything about them. Who can adapt to such stupidity?

Maybe YouTube doesn't want you to know anything about them. I think the layout is cleaner, and I'm sure a multi-billion dollar company knows what it's doing xD

i was just speaking in general. i've seen a lot of foul comments coming from this layout change of YT, and i honestly don't see why you would spend so much energy reacting to something like this.

My bad, i misunderstood.

What's funny is that this is the same exact way everyone reacts to Facebook interface edits.

"OMG FACEBOOK IS SUCH A FAIL!!!"

"holy crap this is retarded wtf fb"

"What a bunch of shit. I can't navigate worth anything."

Then in a week or so, everyone starts liking the changes and gets adjusted to them. Why?

Because there are men at desks in offices who take courses in college about designing interfaces and businesses, who have experience with designing interfaces and businesses, who broach these changes to the developers of such sites who proceed to develop these aforementioned interfaces. They know what you're going to wind up liking as functional, sleek and accessible before even you do. They are professionally trained to know this type of shit, lol.

The general demographic of these sites that seem to attract a lot of media traffic tend to be maladjusted to the concept of change. Fact of the matter is, change is good. And what do I think? I think everybody's going to wind up loving this new "skin" or "layout" or whatever it's being called within the first fiscal quarter just like they wind up doing on Facebook every other week.

The guys who design these changes tend to know better than we do when it comes to what works. I, for one, find this a bit more functional and desirable.

Anticipating the next change and the immense rage that will follow it.

• Brohoof 1

If I had a nickel for everytime people got upset every time Youtube changed it's layout...

...well I'd have a dime, at least. <..<

Meh. I anticipated this, and therefore adapted my channel for the new layout three weeks ago. It's really not that bad, it's more professional looking now.

(edited)

The layout looks the same for everypony, with very minor edits allowed. So no creativity or customization, your channel is identical to somepony else's.

Its confusing as fuck to navigate, while the old layout was simple and to the point.

And Gray is an ugly color.

And you would think the company would look at all the negative opinions and say something about it, instead of ignore it.

Of course, I don't really use youtube for much, so I ain't losing any sleep over it, I'm just perplexed as to why they thought this was a good decision.

Edited by Tom The Diamond
  • Brohoof 1

What's funny is that this is the same exact way everyone reacts to Facebook interface edits.

"OMG FACEBOOK IS SUCH A FAIL!!!"

"holy crap this is retarded wtf fb"

"What a bunch of shit. I can't navigate worth anything."

My facebook didn't turn into timeline, though i like timeline, it makes your profile look amazing.

The notice has been there for ages, but mine still has the old layout. Is it not affecting the whole site at once?

I tend not to care about site changes, I don't like the new user pages though. It's not unmanageable, but I don't know why they had to cut out the sidebars... you could see a lot more at once, and it was organized so it was easier to find information.

There are some things I'd keep, but I like options and customization.

I feel retarded for being the only one that picked "I don't have a youtube"

I don't have a YouTube account, and I noticed that the layout changed a few months ago, and I don't see a difference between it then and it now...

I've been using Youtube sense '06 and I've hated just about all design the changes they have done to YT ever sense it was bought out by Google. While this new layout I like a bit better than the last and I think it will work quite well for some people, I still remember and miss the old one when I first started using YT.

If it ain't broke and works fine already, why fix it right?

• Brohoof 1