Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ninja Derpy

Youtube Layout  

50 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new layout?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have a youtube

Don't know why everyone's up in arms about it. They've had the notice up for months that they'd switch eventually.

That. And honestly, I think it looks better than the old one x)

The layout looks the same for everypony, with very minor edits allowed. So no creativity or customization, your channel is identical to somepony else's.

Its confusing as fuck to navigate, while the old layout was simple and to the point.

And Gray is an ugly color.

And you would think the company would look at all the negative opinions and say something about it, instead of ignore it.

Of course, I don't really use youtube for much, so I ain't losing any sleep over it, I'm just perplexed as to why they thought this was a good decision.

Your avatar has a gray background color, soooo ? :DD

Meh, I can live with it. I don't spend much time on channel pages anyway.

But the with old layout you could see information on the person and you could see what the person's favorites were!!

People can still post information about themselves if they want to, and you can still see the favorites by clicking on Videos -> Playlists -> Favorites. And even if channels want to make their favorites more accessible, they can make them a featured playlist.

Youtube can just die a painful f***ing death in a ditch of fire

They have sucked these last few years

improvements in their existence:

NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things changed that everypony hates:

Warning, language in the spoiler

Stupid users

no comment moderation

dumb layouts they force you to use

frequently changing

advertisements have fucked the page up, youtube used to be easy to use, easy to use my ass!!!!!! All YouTube is now is another video sharing website, not a website everypony loved, now it is a corner of stupidity on the internet

youTube was great five years ago, if you agree with me, I'll petition YouTube to change or die a painful internet death like MySpace.

Youtube can just die a painful f***ing death in a ditch of fire

They have sucked these last few years

improvements in their existence:

NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things changed that everypony hates:

Warning, language in the spoiler

Stupid users

no comment moderation

dumb layouts they force you to use

frequently changing

advertisements have fucked the page up, youtube used to be easy to use, easy to use my ass!!!!!! All YouTube is now is another video sharing website, not a website everypony loved, now it is a corner of stupidity on the internet

youTube was great five years ago, if you agree with me, I'll petition YouTube to change or die a painful internet death like MySpace.

Myspace is coming back because of the new music thing.....

I've actually gone somewhat fond of it. I've been using the new one for a while now just to prepare myself, and I have to say, it's not THAT bad. I'll agree that the older one did have its benefits and its charms, but I still have yet to see anything that bad about the new one.

Now if we were talking about the Android Mobile version updates, that would be an entirely different story.

"Oh, let's make an update that makes it so you have to leave the phone unlocked to listen to YouTube, let's also make it so videos take longer to buffer and channels become even more difficult to navigate, everyone will love it!"

(edited)

...wait, people still use Youtube?

It seems every major site is changing...for the worse. I'm all for change, but really, "don't fix what 'aint broken!" Why not create something that allows the user to generate his own interface, and use that? Maybe even throw in a way to share the interface files?

I can't wait until the "next internet" gets invented. It's been too long since we've had a great invention...Obviously other than ponies.

Edited by Fghik
  • Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure everyone complained the last time Youtube changed their layout too... People don't like change

I don't have a Youtube channel though, so I don't have an opinion on it

I'm with the motto” don't change it if it isn't broken.” Honestly what they had going for them back in 09 was just fine, they didn't really NEED to change anything. But the internet moves forward, if you don't like it then, meh, it just keeps on going. So I personally don't really care...

It was my mums account which I occasionally watched videos suitable for me :)

Oh good.

It was my mums account which I occasionally watched videos suitable for me :)

Wow where do you live? Right now at NC it is 4:00 pm!!

Meh, it doesn't bother me. I only have 1 video which was a reupload anyway.

What I don't like is that they keep changing it, and when they release a new version of it, you have to find everything again. Its the same with the Xbox Dashboard, they really enjoy changing that too, and everytime they do, you have to figure everything out again.

The one change I DO like is that the page is not pure white anymore. a very subtle change, but its nice.