Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Generation 1 Villains

Jangocoolguy

Generation 1 Villain?  

29 users have voted

1. 1. What Gen 1 Villian Would You Like to see Most?

• Tirek
    • Grogar
    • The Smooze
    • Catrina
    • Arabus & Zeb
    • Squirk & Crank
    • Lavan
    • Somnambula
    • Crunch the Rockdog

If some Generation 1 villain could be used--which would be pretty cool--who would like to see. You may choose up to 3.

For those of you unfamiliar with Generation 1's baddies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Little_Pony_(1986)_characters#Antagonists

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Little_Pony_characters#Antagonists

My picks:

Tirek

Grogar

The Smooze

Whom would you like to see reimagined to kick ass and take names in Equestria?

Edited by Jangobadass
  • Brohoof 4

If some Generation 1 villain could be used--which would be pretty cool--who would like to see. You may choose up to 3.

For those of you unfamiliar with Generation 1's baddies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Little_Pony_(1986)_characters#Antagonists

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Little_Pony_characters#Antagonists

My picks:

Tirek

Grogar

The Smooze

Whom would you like to see reimagined to kick ass and take names in Equestria?

OH my gosh yes! I have been working on a ponified version of Smooze for a while now. I love this topic and G1. Been a fan for all the generations starting off at one. I love your choices, but I would also love to see Tirek, I think I spelled that right. That first episode was so dark though... I don't know if they would recreat it, but they should! 

Thanks for posting this topic! There is totally not enough G1 appreciation <3

Hasbro needs to sign a deal with Nickelodeon Toys so they can bring The Smooze back as..

THE GAK. Have the whole episode like a parody of the 1950s blob. Pinkie finds this goo ball that grows and grows and she warns people but nobody believes her.. Till it's swallowing Ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

Out of any of them I would take Grogar with Tirek a close second.

The rest were just too lame.

I think that Grogar would fit into FIM really nice.

I could see a Grogar/Sombra episode and it would be rather BA if done correctly

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I think Grogar has great potential as a villain: Powerful, his own city, servants, interesting weakness to exploit.

Katrina might just work as a minor villain, I'd be really interested how they'd adapt her into the G4 style.

Smooze might have potential as a final-episode Ubervillain, though he's more of a mindless terror.

Also, shameless self promotion:

post-3492-0-08955100-1399248801_thumb.jpg
post-3492-0-26738300-1397726979_thumb.jpg
post-3492-0-45699300-1396345501_thumb.jpg
  • Brohoof 1

It would be nice to see some G1 villains come back in G4. Some of them were more insidious and evil than those from G4. In comparison, G1 was way more dark and hardcore than G4! Who would know that! :P (Well, except the witches. They're just plain dumb and my brain cells are committing mass suicide every time I watch them.)

(edited)

It would be nice to see some G1 villains come back in G4. Some of them were more insidious and evil than those from G4. In comparison, G1 was way more dark and hardcore than G4! Who would know that! :P (Well, except the witches. They're just plain dumb and my brain cells are committing mass suicide every time I watch them.)

I know, I had the biggest smile on my face when I found that out firsthand. I am going to re watch Rescue From Midnight Castle before the premier and once it is over will most likely start a Tirek fanclub on here, I blame Tirek for making me a G1 fan and Grogar and the Smooze for keeping me one.

http://dai.ly/x199pn6

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

(edited)

BTW not knowing yet how Tirek actually looked like, just after seeing this image from The Hub:

img-2617095-1-TireksEyes.jpg

I tried to recreate the rest of him from my own imagination. Here's the result:

img-2617095-2-Tirek.png

As you can see, I imagined him as some kind of a dragon-like beast from the deepest abyss of hell ;J

A little bit overboard, I guess. Little girls would definitely freak out ;) (unless they watched previous generations, then they're more hardcore perhaps ;)).

Edit:

OK, I've just watched the Season 4 finale, and it seems that I was correct at least about the horns, and nearly correct about the beard ;J His nose turned out to be almost perfectly the same. The only miss is that he was not a dragon :)

Edited by SasQ

• 4 years later...

Everything about this thread is even more relevant thanks to the Season 9 leaks, the movie (with Capper being a cat connecting to Katrina) and now the Smooze is canon the year after Tirek was reintroduced.

On 7/9/2018 at 9:03 PM, nathanthemoldy said:

Everything about this thread is even more relevant thanks to the Season 9 leaks, the movie (with Capper being a cat connecting to Katrina) and now the Smooze is canon the year after Tirek was reintroduced.

Not to mention Somnambula being a hot Egyptian horse  :dash:, and....

Spoiler

Apparently Grogar screwing around next season