Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have any "childish" fears?

Venomous

Darkness: darn imagination playing tricks on me

Bugs: I especially hate scorpions and some

Spiders

Attics: I always get a creepy feeling when I enter any attic. Like someone is watching me :blink: I always run out the attic when I turn the light back off. It's like a race :P

Thunder: I always jump when I hear a loud BOOM of thunder. I'm still scared on thunder to this day.

yeah. the only thing I could really think of is  roaches.  :lol:  I use to have a fear of needles but I was forced to overcome them. :yay: 

I don't see any fear as childish, we all have something that we are scared of. It is only through Bravery that we overcome these fears. 

bravery.jpg

Edited by HeroBrony

I'm still scared of that creepy doll, Chucky. I remember a life sized one being in front of the Spencer's Store and there would be more Chucky merch there. I can't even go to Spencer's to get some pony merch today /:! But someday, I will go in there! Just not any time soon. 0_o

Umm.. I don't really like the darkness very much xD I always have a nightlight. Thunderstorms scare me, since the thunder noises are alike really loud and sudden >_<

And other than that, bugs scare me and so do angry peoples. Like when teachers are really mad :c and parents. And animals. I don't know if those count as childish, but seeing has most people in high school and above don't really mind much when authorities yell at them, I guess it is. That I'm one of the few students who shudders when a teacher sternly orders something to a misbehaving child.

Thunderstorms are one of many gods creation.(for those non religious. I apologize in advance).

Speaking as a storm chaser, thunderstorms are amazing and beautiful. Ive always been curious to know on how lightning is formed and how thunder is created. Which is by a crack in the air by sudden 5,000 degree change. But i understand where your coming from because when i was a kid, i was scared of them too until i saw my first tornado when i was 12. That totally changed my perspective in weather violence.

I also hate angry parents and teachers. But i dont make them mad so im all good there. But i do understand where you came from cause i can relate again to that.

Insects dont really freak me out other than spiders... I hate those damn things! Angry people dont really scare me unless its my dad cause oh boy im still terrified of him... Sometimes.

Now to my. Childish fears, im still extremely terrified of heights. Im freaked out by bugs, sounds that are coming out of nowhere...

I have a few but thats all i can list.

Im not afraid of the dark though its freaky to be in a pitch black room cause we cant see in the dark. But because my alarm clocks lighting is bright enough to lit up my bedroom to where i can see. Its no problem at all.

• Spiders. They're freaky little critters, aren't they?
  • Darkness. A lack of vision plus paranoia makes the dark not so fun.
  • Tornadoes. My fear of them isn't as bad as when I was younger, but man do I hate tornadoes.

When i see that people hate tornadoes, makes me sad due to the fact i chase them.

But i get where you are coming from because they're destructive, deadly, powerful forces of nature. I hope you stay safe during storm season if you're located in the united states.

And for spiders being creepy.. Oh god yes they are!! :( when i see them, i freak out.

Edited by ~SadisticFluttershy~

I'm still, unfortunately, afraid of elevators. lol

I hate elevators. I hate the of the elevators stopping suddenly, or falling down, (mostly because idiots jump on it. >_> )

Anywho, I'm still afraid of some things I was afraid of as a child.

-I still fear the dark, especially being alone in the dark, Because i read too many Creepypastas that I feel like someone is waiting for me at night :(

I especially hate going up and down the stairs, down the hallways, or around corners.

-the vacuum from Teletubbies still creeps me out

-Wasps, nuff said

-Insects (other than butterflys and lady bugs)

Edited by Pelate

Spiders.... eugh.. they're so... creepy... Some move distrublingly fast, some move creepily slow, some sit in a web and when your frozen in fear staring at it they move ever so slightly and you jump a foot, some can JUMP!!!!! WHY ARE SPIDERS ALOUD TO JUMP?!?!?! :angry: NO. I mean... at least they don't fly... right?

Oh god they better not... Some can even bite you and you DIE. YOU DIE. WTF. And they make spiderwebs that stick to you and then you get paranoid. In fact, when I used to live in NC, I apparently had a BANANA SPIDER on me (so effing creepy.. eugh) And I didn't notice until I took a shower, when IT DANGLED OFF OF A WEB IN FRONT OF MY FACE.  :angry:  GO AWAY SPIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:huh:  wow.. I went on a lot... sorry bout that XD

I hate elevators. I hate the of the elevators stopping suddenly, or falling down, (mostly because idiots jump on it. >_> )

Anywho, I'm still afraid of some things I was afraid of as a child.

-I still fear the dark, especially being alone in the dark, Because i read too many Creepypastas that I feel like someone is waiting for me at night :(

I especially hate going up and down the stairs, down the hallways, or around corners.

-the vacuum from Teletubbies still creeps me out

-Wasps, nuff said

-Insects (other than butterflys and lady bugs)

We actually had an elevator trap myself and my brothers in last year, when we were in Spain on a holiday. Jesus christ. It felt like some kind of scary scene from SAW, y'kno.

Even though I'm 15 years old, I (like you) still have childish fears. I'm still afraid of the dark, pain of being shot or fall, being alone or by myself and having conflicts with others. I just tend to ignore those I have a conflict with which isn't either a very mature, brave or functional resolution.  

I'm terrified of bugs, spiders, and pretty much anything else of that nature... you haven't seen pathetic until you've seen a 6 foot, 250 pound guy standing on a couch screeching because there's a bug on the ground.  I don't even like seeing movies with bugs in them.

I have a love/hate relationship with animals in general too... I really love dogs and animals from a distance or when I get to know them, but for some reason I'm just terrified when someone's dog I don't know is near me... I've gone blocks out of my way because someone was walking towards me with a dog... again, very pathetic.

I'm also terrified of shots and really doctors in general.  I avoid them if at all possible.

And there's a lot more stuff that I can't think of at the moment...

~ Shots/needles. I freakin' hate them, my last experience didn't go very well. :(

~ Health-related stuff. Kind of like the above, my previous experiences with having to learn/hear about health stuff just ... yeah.

~ Insects. They creep the shiz out of me!

~ Darkness. Now don't get me wrong, I love being in the dark, but having watched so many horror games (yes watched, and occasionally played) and such, it kinda makes me feel uneasy at times. :P

• Brohoof 1

I am terrified of needles.  It often 7-10 doctors to hold me down to do anything regarding needles. The reason why is one time when I was little, I accidentally saw something on TV where a needle was going into someone's eye, and I put myself into that person's shoes and was forever affected by that. (An yet I calmly got tattoo's, explain that?)....

I am terrified of driving over bridges. My husband often gets scared because I'm scared and he thinks I'll so something stupid because I'm so scared and tense while driving, which doesn't help because my only focus is to get over the bridge. The reason why I'm scared of this is because a great deal of nightmares I had as a kid (and still sometimes today), involved being in a vehicle careening off a bridge to my death. Riding in a vehicle and going over a bridge is better for me because all I need to do is divert my attention elsewhere and not look out the window before and during the time going over the bridge. But you can't do that while driving...so yeah...

I am terrified of tornadoes. This never was a fear of mine growing up because tornadoes rarely hit the Northwoods of Wisconsin. But now I live in Tornado Alley, and I have a story that sparked this fear:

Before my husband and I were married, we were out cutting up dead trees to stock up for the winter (it was May though). We were in the middle of a field at a sinkhole where the brush was. It was really sunny and nice out for most of our working time. However, I started feeling "off." It was an intense feeling of trepidation.  I have always been much more 'in tune' with nature, and have always been able to tell if it was going to storm because most of my young life was spent alone outdoors. But this feeling was like no other I've ever had regarding nature. I remember looking the west and just seeing a small dotting of darkness, and knowing right away a storm was coming, but it was a loooong way off, so I was quite confused. I remember telling my now husband about how I felt and he just shrugged it off. A short time later, I felt the air change. It got denser, heavier, as if it went from 0 humidity to 100 within a matter of minutes (I don't know how else to explain it). And then, silence. Not a sound from birds, no sign of life anywhere. The dark clouds were still a long way off, but I just commanded my husband that we are to leave at that moment. He complied, annoyingly yet trusting me. His parents' home was 5 miles away, and the feelings I had just got worse and worse. I wanted to go back to my college dorm and curl up in my bed surrounded by my stuffed animals, but when my husband asked if I wanted to go home (my college was an hour away from where he lived), I said it feels too dangerous to do so.  It started to rain by the time we got back and the sky above a combination of sunshine, and gray clouds.

Within I swear, a half hour, the winds came, and it was raining buckets of water. Then we lost electricity.  After about 10 minutes without electricity, there was a continuous roar, like standing by train tracks and a train speeds on by you. My heart sank because I've been told plenty of stories, but although my husband and his parent's were concerned, they didn't tell us to go to the basement or anything. I remember not being able to see anything outside because it was pitch black out, and the rain was falling so hard that you couldn't see anyways (even though it was the middle of the day). The roaring went on for a good 15 minutes, and was extremely loud. But then, everything stopped. It was still raining hard, but the sky got grayer, and winds quickly died down. In about 5 minutes, the rain stopped all together, and the sun poked out of the sky.

I remember walking outside, not seeing any visible damage to any of the buildings but a lot of broken tree limbs. My fear was still there, along with confusion and uncertainty. The animals on the farm were quiet and hiding, and there was still this air of dread about me. But my husband said we needed to go back and collect the wood we cut down, so we did. We found out driving back to the sinkhole that a tornado had passed less than a mile away. The trees were shredded, and although we didn't see any damaged houses, there was quite a lot we learned in the subsequent days. Turns out, it was an EF-2 tornado, part of the same stretch of tornadoes that destroyed Joplin MO, which makes me even more terrified of them because of what the people in Joplin went through. Here are localized links for info and such, because I just can't describe enough how terrified I now am of them. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_21%E2%80%9326,_2011_tornado_outbreak_sequence

http://limespringsherald.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/tornado-ef2-tornado-damages-homes-in-howard-fillmore/

From the the top listed being my most fears, the further down being my least.

1. Enclosed/trapped spaces

2. Losing my husband

3. Losing another family member

4. Cockroaches

5. Dolls

6. Being stranded in the ocean (no it never happened to me but its a scary though lol)

I also really don't like bugs like mosquitoes and bees

Tornadoes: a tornado has never hit my house just towns around mine but I still don't like gen for they might destroy my house Earthquakes: I don't live in an area that gets earthquakes but just the thought of the ground shaking sometimes really hard at any point is just terrifying

I am terrified of needles.  It often 7-10 doctors to hold me down to do anything regarding needles. The reason why is one time when I was little, I accidentally saw something on TV where a needle was going into someone's eye, and I put myself into that person's shoes and was forever affected by that. (An yet I calmly got tattoo's, explain that?)....

I am terrified of driving over bridges. My husband often gets scared because I'm scared and he thinks I'll so something stupid because I'm so scared and tense while driving, which doesn't help because my only focus is to get over the bridge. The reason why I'm scared of this is because a great deal of nightmares I had as a kid (and still sometimes today), involved being in a vehicle careening off a bridge to my death. Riding in a vehicle and going over a bridge is better for me because all I need to do is divert my attention elsewhere and not look out the window before and during the time going over the bridge. But you can't do that while driving...so yeah...

I am terrified of tornadoes. This never was a fear of mine growing up because tornadoes rarely hit the Northwoods of Wisconsin. But now I live in Tornado Alley, and I have a story that sparked this fear:

Before my husband and I were married, we were out cutting up dead trees to stock up for the winter (it was May though). We were in the middle of a field at a sinkhole where the brush was. It was really sunny and nice out for most of our working time. However, I started feeling "off." It was an intense feeling of trepidation.  I have always been much more 'in tune' with nature, and have always been able to tell if it was going to storm because most of my young life was spent alone outdoors. But this feeling was like no other I've ever had regarding nature. I remember looking the west and just seeing a small dotting of darkness, and knowing right away a storm was coming, but it was a loooong way off, so I was quite confused. I remember telling my now husband about how I felt and he just shrugged it off. A short time later, I felt the air change. It got denser, heavier, as if it went from 0 humidity to 100 within a matter of minutes (I don't know how else to explain it). And then, silence. Not a sound from birds, no sign of life anywhere. The dark clouds were still a long way off, but I just commanded my husband that we are to leave at that moment. He complied, annoyingly yet trusting me. His parents' home was 5 miles away, and the feelings I had just got worse and worse. I wanted to go back to my college dorm and curl up in my bed surrounded by my stuffed animals, but when my husband asked if I wanted to go home (my college was an hour away from where he lived), I said it feels too dangerous to do so.  It started to rain by the time we got back and the sky above a combination of sunshine, and gray clouds.

Within I swear, a half hour, the winds came, and it was raining buckets of water. Then we lost electricity.  After about 10 minutes without electricity, there was a continuous roar, like standing by train tracks and a train speeds on by you. My heart sank because I've been told plenty of stories, but although my husband and his parent's were concerned, they didn't tell us to go to the basement or anything. I remember not being able to see anything outside because it was pitch black out, and the rain was falling so hard that you couldn't see anyways (even though it was the middle of the day). The roaring went on for a good 15 minutes, and was extremely loud. But then, everything stopped. It was still raining hard, but the sky got grayer, and winds quickly died down. In about 5 minutes, the rain stopped all together, and the sun poked out of the sky.

I remember walking outside, not seeing any visible damage to any of the buildings but a lot of broken tree limbs. My fear was still there, along with confusion and uncertainty. The animals on the farm were quiet and hiding, and there was still this air of dread about me. But my husband said we needed to go back and collect the wood we cut down, so we did. We found out driving back to the sinkhole that a tornado had passed less than a mile away. The trees were shredded, and although we didn't see any damaged houses, there was quite a lot we learned in the subsequent days. Turns out, it was an EF-2 tornado, part of the same stretch of tornadoes that destroyed Joplin MO, which makes me even more terrified of them because of what the people in Joplin went through. Here are localized links for info and such, because I just can't describe enough how terrified I now am of them. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_21–26,_2011_tornado_outbreak_sequence

http://limespringsherald.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/tornado-ef2-tornado-damages-homes-in-howard-fillmore/

Im so sorry that you went through that even if you and your family werent hurt. I understand where you are coming from. Im the exact opposite of you. As a storm chaser, i get close to them. The tornado that hit joplin was an EF-5 Tornado with 225mph winds. That was crazy. A few ways to tell if a tornado is present by your ears popping, large hail and strong winds and ofc the sound of a freight train.

Glad that you survived because tornadoes are destructive and deadly. I also live in tornado alley in Northern Texas(dallas metroplex). And its quite an experience. Storm Season is about to begin soon. Be prepared!

• Brohoof 1

I have a few:

-Shots/needles: The doctors sometimes have to pin me down just to give me my shots because I flip out when I have to get one

-Oceans/Deep water: I was always afraid of deep water. I remember that I freaked out so much at swimming lessons when I was younger that they kicked me out. So now not only am I afraid of deep water, I can't swim either. Of course, I live in an area not too far from the ocean.

-Tornadoes: This is only irrational because we don't get tornadoes in my area. Yet for some reason, I'm more relaxed about hurricanes, which we do get.